• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How much daily leisure time do you get as a worker?

• 0 hours

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • Less than 2 hours

Votes: 78 27.7%
  • 2 - 4 hours

Votes: 96 34.0%
  • 4 - 6 hours

Votes: 62 22.0%
  • 6 - 8 hours

Votes: 21 7.4%
  • 8+ hours

Votes: 8 2.8%
  • I don't work

Votes: 8 2.8%

• Total voters

RichardHawk

Feb 7, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
4-6. I'm done with my workday around 3/4 and go lift for about an hour, yoga for 20-30 minutes, and the rest of the night I spend it reading or watching movies.

No kids, no pets and casually dating people has made it really easy to have me time.

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
Assuming 8 hours sleep?

1 hour after to work to shower, cook, clean, and do whatever my little heart desires. I'm up at 7 and get home by 10 each day and have done so for 2 years.

Aug 30, 2020
Full time job with children and homeowner here. I get 0-4 hours daily. Probably average 1.5 hours if you count reading a book on the toilet etc.

Actually I take that back, maybe 2.5 hours.

But I literally never get 8 hours sleep. At this point I can't sleep that long if I wanted to.

Oct 29, 2017
Office manager, salaried, two girls, 8 and 3, and we own a home. I start my day at 5, at my desk by 5:10-5:15, I do a working lunch, and Im off around 4 pm. At that stage, the girls are home, or I may have to get the 3 year old. Once we are they, we prepare and eat dinner. Do dishes. Spend a little time with family.

Then mix in laundry, garbage, grass, errands, etc.

Once the girls are bathed and in bed, its usually 9-9:30, and Im usually staring down less than 8 hours of sleep before I do it all again, not mention taking mine own shower.

Even if I want to watch a show or play a game, I usually am nodding off within 5 minutes because Im running on fumes at that stage. So... zero.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
It varies wildly for me depending on the day. One day I have 8 hours, one day I have 12 (but I start so early I usually pass out before I really get to do anything), two days I get between 4-5 depending on how tired I am. Fridays are different every single week and it can vary between 6 and 12 hours but again, I'm working the same amount so the more hours I have off the more likely I'm passed out before I can enjoy them.

That's assuming I can stay up until midnight each night.

Xavien

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 3, 2017
4-6 hours but then im usually running on like 4-5 hours of sleep. its unhealthy i know.

Balphon

Oct 25, 2017
The tome between my daughter going to bed and the point where I am too tired to stay awake.

Usually 2 hours or so.

Oct 27, 2017
When I worked at enterprise as a branch manager, probably like -2 somehow. That job left you with zero free time unless you medicated with drugs. Now that I work for a small business sales job, I am much happier and have so much more time for me and the family. I recommend enterprise to no one