• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017
I borrowed 2 adjustable dumbbells (10-175lbs each) so I've been using those. Not as good as the gym but it's not like I have a choice.

Clear

Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
I would say I'm doing the same or even a little more before the shelter-in.

5 day routine

day 1: 5-8 mile run, distance depends on what roads I take. (Run outside around 10pm so no one is out)
day 2: 30-45 minute work out with a 55 lb Ramroller. (lunges, squats, ram burpees)
day 3: push up/pull up pyramid
day 4: 5-8 mile run
day 5: iso kettle ball workouts, squats

Day 6/7: spend time with the kiddos so i guess cardio as I try to get them out hiking on some low traffic/abandon trails if possible.

KiKaL

Oct 26, 2017
I workout 6 days a week, 3 days pure cardio, 2 days bodyweight, 1 day cardio / body weight. Typically all my cardio is running. I was training for a marathon next weekend and was feeling some pains so have transitioned to more biking to get everything back to normal since the marathon isn't happening. I am debating about doing the marathon virtually with Google Maps and iFit on my treadmill for fun.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bought a cheap bench press with a barbell and dumbbells to keep some basic strengh training 4 days a week going while the gyms have closed down.
Trying go for a ~10km run once or twice a week in the evenings when there's nobody in the parks. Managed to see only 2 people in a 60 min run last time.
Sometimes I'll replace a session with Switch Ring Fit Adventure if I'm not in the mood for the other training.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
Not enough. I feel restless, though Im not yet gaining weight. I don't want to gain a quarantine 15, or a Covid 19!

Dankir

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have my home gym setup. So treadmill, Elliptical/stairclimber, wife's pilates machine, dumbbell and resistance band work. 3 - 4 times a week for about an hour and change.

I was doing powerlifting and strength trainig for the past severl years. Sucks not to lift heavy but I don't mind this long deload.

Resistance band training is pretty awesome, I bought a new set and I can get pretty good movements for every muscle group.

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I've been running for about an hour everyday and doing some light weight and bodyweight exercises at home. I plan on getting a power rack for my apartment eventually depending on the duration of social distancing.

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
Very little :(
Used to go to the gym 3x a week, but now I just go for a couple walks a week. Did one at home workout from a youtube video but I miss lifting. My gf got some resistance bands so I'll probably try those.

Zampano

The Fallen
Dec 3, 2017
Simple and Sinister with kettlebells every day. Just hit 24kg for my Turkish get ups yesterday which I am happy about.

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
Nothing, I used to run most days but it's been impossible since they started fining people for getting out of the house. I should do something, though I have no equipment at home.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
More than usual, since the only thing hampering it was, well, having a job. Still, just 30 mins elliptical every day.

Schwarzbier

Nov 14, 2017
New Jersey
Not enough. My workout regime usually is 2 days a week in the gym, and my beer league hockey night. The wife and I have been walking every day but it's not the same.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I still bike like I usually did before all this shit, though damn does it suck when it rains out.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Well, my PT finished last week, and so now I'm doing it at home three times a week. They gave me a printout and a theraband and everything.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
p90x every day in the basement

I HATE IT

BUT I LOVE IT

Same here, im almost done with the 90 days but I have to be honest, Im burnt the fuck out. I might bail on finishing and go to insanity. I just cant do the same videos any more. Theyre also so fucking long that it sucks too much time out of my day. Insanity gets me more of a burn and in a quicker time than P90 in some cases.

awilliams213

Oct 27, 2017
CT
A couple of my friends are daily lifters the gyms being closed in CT is driving them insane. I just do 45 minutes on the treadmill and core exercises at home so it's same for me. Over the weekend the hiking trail in my area was packed with cars so at least there is that for everyone.

New002

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to keep the momentum going. I was doing crazy well this year going to the gym every day so doing what I can at home to keep it up.

Right now I'm working out M-F

M: AM: 30min Airdyne session (medium intensity steady state) in the morning / PM: Full Body Weightlifting Routine (45min-1hr)
T: AM: Same as above / PM: HIIT on the Airdyne, 5min warm-up, 8 x 15/45 intervals of all-out/rest, 5 min cooldown
W: Same as Monday but with an alternate full-body routine in the evening
H: Same as Tuesday
F: Same as Monday

Trying to come out of this social distancing in better shape than when it began.

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Invested in a home gym about 2 years ago. As a result, nothing has changed for me during the lockdown.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Hrm says i lost 8 pounds since last week .

M...maybe this is better for me ?

Oct 25, 2017
I expected my gym membership to close, but was surprised to see the gym in my apartment complex close too, so I'm left with the few weights I have at home to do home workouts. Would love a pullup bar, but the ones I'd like are all sold out and price gouged to hell. For now, attempting to reconstruct my 5x a week routine.
Lifting 5x a week and running at least 3-4x (5 miles + each).
Is that you in your avatar?

AlwaysSalty

The Fallen
Nov 12, 2017
I wanted to get a nice mountain bike to get some good cardio in, but then I realized all the stores were closed :/
Other then that my night job is pretty physical, so I at least have that.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Same here, im almost done with the 90 days but I have to be honest, Im burnt the fuck out. I might bail on finishing and go to insanity. I just cant do the same videos any more. Theyre also so fucking long that it sucks too much time out of my day. Insanity gets me more of a burn and in a quicker time than P90 in some cases.

The way I see it, compared to my regular workout (drive to the gym, spend about 2 hours there, drive home, usually 2-3 hours total), p90x vids are super short in comparison. Usually around 60 minutes total, and 15-20 min is warm up/cool down. And, of course, walking into my basement doesn't take as long as driving to a gym.

The 40 minutes of actual workout is just death if you're actually going hard and keeping up with the video without pausing. I get a waaaaaaaaaay better workout out of p90 compared to the gym, where I'm (unintentionally) taking way too long breaks between sets, getting too many water breaks, walking around, talking to people, checking my phone... list goes on. It's so easy to get distracted, and after hitting a plateau from regular gym workouts, I lost like 30 pounds after 40 days of p90x2. It feels really good to know that if I just get through the 40 minutes of hell, I will see results. So the length doesn't bother me at all.

As for the monotony of the videos... it's true, but at the same time I feel like working out in general is pretty monotonous. It's a lot of the same moves again and again and again. I'm ok with the repetition, I get joy out of seeing how I can improve compared to my last workout, or modify the move to make it harder than last time. When it comes to p90x, I'm still nowhere near Tony Horton doing like 30 fucking chinups after 30 minutes of... non stop chinups. I'm keeping like MAYBE 50% pace with the guys and gals in the video, and still getting crazy results. So, as repetitive as the vids may be, there's also tons of room for improvement, so that keeps me going. I also don't plan to stop after 90 days.

At the same time, I made the jump from P90x to P90x2 just to mix things up. I did a couple of Insanity vids years ago and they were pretty fun too from what I remember!

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
The way I see it, compared to my regular workout (drive to the gym, spend about 2 hours there, drive home, usually 2-3 hours total), p90x vids are super short in comparison. Usually around 60 minutes total, and 15-20 min is warm up/cool down. And, of course, walking into my basement doesn't take as long as driving to a gym.

The 40 minutes of actual workout is just death if you're actually going hard and keeping up with the video without pausing. I get a waaaaaaaaaay better workout out of p90 compared to the gym, where I'm (unintentionally) taking way too long breaks between sets, getting too many water breaks, walking around, talking to people, checking my phone... list goes on. It's so easy to get distracted, and after hitting a plateau from regular gym workouts, I lost like 30 pounds after 40 days of p90x2. It feels really good to know that if I just get through the 40 minutes of hell, I will see results. So the length doesn't bother me at all.

As for the monotony of the videos... it's true, but at the same time I feel like working out in general is pretty monotonous. It's a lot of the same moves again and again and again. I'm ok with the repetition, I get joy out of seeing how I can improve compared to my last workout, or modify the move to make it harder than last time. When it comes to p90x, I'm still nowhere near Tony Horton doing like 30 fucking chinups after 30 minutes of... non stop chinups. I'm keeping like MAYBE 50% pace with the guys and gals in the video, and still getting crazy results. So, as repetitive as the vids may be, there's also tons of room for improvement, so that keeps me going. I also don't plan to stop after 90 days.

At the same time, I made the jump from P90x to P90x2 just to mix things up. I did a couple of Insanity vids years ago and they were pretty fun too from what I remember!

I did p90x2 a while back but no longer have the videos. I remember it being more difficult that original p90x, but its been awhile. Youre def right about working out being monotonous, and I think i am just a little burnt out in general. Plus with every thing going on, its hard to keep focused.

I have been getting into a mental rut lately where I am forcing myself to workout when I dont want to, then when I finally start the video, I am trying to rush through it so I can end it as soon as possible. I dont really like working out but I do it because I have to. I hope switching to a new program helps me with that mental block. Shit, maybe I should dig around for p90x2 and try that next.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
I did p90x2 a while back but no longer have the videos. I remember it being more difficult that original p90x, but its been awhile. Youre def right about working out being monotonous, and I think i am just a little burnt out in general. Plus with every thing going on, its hard to keep focused.

I have been getting into a mental rut lately where I am forcing myself to workout when I dont want to, then when I finally start the video, I am trying to rush through it so I can end it as soon as possible. I dont really like working out but I do it because I have to. I hope switching to a new program helps me with that mental block. Shit, maybe I should dig around for p90x2 and try that next.

Yeah, at times I definitely need to convince myself to work out when I don't really want to. The desire to not be fat/out of shape is pretty strong and usually gets me through. I don't want to gain all that weight I lost back, especially now with corona and everything, where I could easily spend 14 hours every day just sitting on my ass, eating and playing games/watching movies.

If you're really in a rut, I would give a new set of videos a try. Always nice to get a bit of variety in your routine.

VGEsoterica

Dec 10, 2019
walks back and forth from the couch to get beer.

I want to go for a bike ride but my wife keeps looking at me like its a bad idea

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Can't go to the gym so way less than usual. Body weight exercises just aren't the same.

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
I can't go swimming anymore, but a month ago I bought a pair of dumbbells, a barbell and about 100kg of various weight disks, and they are getting a lot of use these days.

Froli

Oct 25, 2017
Philippines
I'm doing 1 hour walks inside my house. Around 6k+ steps <android app>
House is small and cramped, but I don't want to stop my progress on getting a normal/ideal healthy weight.