• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Are you vain? Do you not care at all? Do you always aim to look your best?

I barely leave the house but got self-conscious about my weight gain so started getting back into calisthenics and the like, now I'm adding back more vegetables and fruits to my diet for my skin and circulation etc. so I can glow for approximately 0 people as I wait for a working vaccine/more trustable administration.

Also considering getting (somewhat back) into the online dating game, but again, during a pandemic, seems like this is almost all for nothing... besides liking how I personally look in the mirror

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't workout 3-4 a week and force myself to never buy sweet things at the grocery because I enjoy it...

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I workout mainly because I want to look good, the health benefits are a nice bonus. No shame in that, really.

Chivalry

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Nov 22, 2018
A lot when dating, 0 otherwise. Have no time or patience to work out, though.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Right now not at all, but I might care more if I go on HRT. For me the thing is that I rarely see my face because life happens in first person, so how it looks matters very little.

Also, weird to hear that people care about things like eating healthy for looks. For me those are extremely health-centric choices, I'll get sick if I don't eat a certain amount of fruits.

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017
Appearance overall is important. People judge by it, whether they admit it or not. Those who say they don't are liars.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Yes, self-confidence is important. I don't always like how I look in the mirror but I try.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not enough. I owe it to my wife to care more even though she claims to not mind.

I mostly neglect style. I'm in good enough shape (though not muscular at all).

Big Boss

Oct 27, 2017
A lot but I'm more so just wanting to age gracefully and maintain health, as I get older.

Stuggernaut

Oct 28, 2017
Seattle, WA, USA
I don't have any stellar features, I am 50yrs old... I don't really care. I am happy with how I look 90% of the time.

The only issue I ever knock myself for is my "belly" but That is my own fault for bad eating habits ;)

Reym

Jul 15, 2019
I care just enough to go unnoticed. I don't think I have to worry about looking too good, but I don't really attempt it either. I only take enough care to keep from being noticeably bad. Having people notice my look in any way is something I worry about.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Right now? 3. When I'm not in lockdown? 7-8.

I also put on about 10 pounds over the course of the pandemic so I threw out all the snacks and am on healthy food only for about a month now. I've lost the weight but there ain't nobody around to appreciate it. Oh well. The rest of my appearance right now is whatever but I was a bit concerned with the weight gain, which is why I took action.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
I don't lie. The idea that no one could ever possibly isolate themselves from society's vein tendencies is extremely cynical imo. It's probably rare, but it's definitely possible.

Judge may be too strong of a word, but everyone has a set of unconscious biases based on appearance alone. (Like we all make a judgement when someone wears a red ballcap, for instance.) It's part of how we communicate as a species.

iAmPossum

Oct 29, 2017
I aim to age gracefully so I do my best. Wanting to look perfect physically doesn't fit my priority.

dmix90

Oct 25, 2017
Been there done that, i enjoy food and laziness more than mirror image i guess...
5H11ooU.png

Enough to feel bad about it. Not enough to radically change anything.
Something like that too...

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
I care. I wouldn't say I do anything special, although I did just start a skin care routine because I'm in my mid-30's and have spent a good amount of time in the sun in my life, so I'm trying to be responsible and take care of it for the future.

Anyway other than that I work out a lot and but that's also for general health reasons. I get my haircut consistently and I dress presentably when I go out. That's about it.

I like how I look but there are definitely things I'm either only content with or not that happy with, so I'm just doing whatever I can to change what's changeable and learning to accept the rest.

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
I worry about it but it's more about health for me. If I am in shape, I feel good and therefore look 'good / better' than if I didn't work out.

Covid put a fuckin spin on everything and I am so out of shape now without gyming for 5 months.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I've been so busy with work that it's difficult to constantly still prioritize time for working out over keeping my damn place clean, but there are a few things I can do at a bare minimum to stay in shape. For some context, I'm in Chicago.

- Walk to grocery stores and to restaurants instead of picking up food
- Always walk up the stairs over taking elevator
- Push-up/Sit-ups
- Free weights (get creative here - I don't have dumbbells ATM, but you can fill backpack up with heavy books and use).
- Little to no desserts (pie, cheesecake, donuts, ice cream)
- I enjoy various types of chicken, broccoli, strawberries, pineapples, oatmeal w/ brown sugar, and rice as my typical food choices.
- When cooking, learn how to season your shit. It's also OK to use devices that make cooking easier. My Ninja Foodi 5-in-1 has been amazing, but there are other good cheaper devices like George foreman grilles for grilling veggies/chicken/beef. There are also cast iron skillets.

Last edited:

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly trying to care less. I'm trying to give more concern into how healthy i'll be in old age than whether i look good or not right now. I don't want or expect to impress anybody anymore, i just want to be able to walk up the stairs in fifty years time.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I do want to take better care of my back, as my knees are already fucked and have been for as long as I can remember, but I wouldn't say I care a great deal about how I look otherwise, I spend at most few minutes getting ready 99% of the time if I plan on going anywhere, don't watch my diet (though I don't eat much really), don't stick super hard to a workout schedule and pretty bad at keeping my hair in check.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I still keep putting lipstick on the pig for some reason though I'll never get anything out of it

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
I always try and look as good as I can, but sometimes I will just wear a hat or something to avoid looking to bad.

I work out, I have a good skin routine, I eat well and healthy, Have a haircut and beard trim before every night out, and wear good clothes.

Its all about confidence for me

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
I haven't had my hair cut in like 7 months lmao.

But I make the effort where my health is concerned - I work out at least 5 times a week.

Darth Karja

Oct 25, 2017
I don't give a shit. I shave my head because it is easier then taking care of hair. And if I grow it out it is too thin and looks like shit. So as I'm typing this I guess I am realizing that I do care a little bit.

I have started exercising and working out, but that is just for the health benefits.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
The last few years I have really tried todo better with my image though depression makes it hard to get up and get things done right. I eat better than I ever have but I still need to start lifting some weights, and I definitely need to buy some new cloths.

Hrodulf

Oct 25, 2017
I am more vain than when I was younger in the sense that I care about my physical fitness, if that counts. Otherwise eh.

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
If I don't look tremendously awkward I consider it a win. Otherwise I don't pay much attention to it - it's not me that's going to be seeing it, after all.

Dec 22, 2017
Florida
I'm 5'6", 12 months ago I weighed 305 pounds. This morning i weighed in at 250. I started with just dieting but hit a wall a few months ago in my weight loss, also the work from home led to lots of snacking so I started to actually go back up. Recently I got into archery and that kind of lit the fire under my butt to start working out, I now exercise almost every day, walking, hiking, lifting weights, archery and other things in a rotation to help me not get bored of things. It honestly has been great and I have noticed myself caring more about how I look and present myself to the world as a result including the clothes I buy and how they fit. Its funny I actually just got done working out and sat down to browse era when I saw this thread lol.

- Little no desserts (pie, cheesecake, donuts, ice cream)

The trick here is fruit bars or popsicles, low calorie but big on flavor. I like the Outshine brand ones, as almost all of their flavors are great with pineapple being amazing.

Aftervirtue

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Unreasonable standards of beauty often result in an abnormal mental state of mind.

I'm a good looking guy, but I don't look like an instagram model, i'm also i'm a fairly fit guy, but I don't have the body of an MCU character. Being able to make the distinction between realistic standards of beauty and hyper exaggerated examples is the critical for our mental health and overall contentment.

Stone Cold

Oct 27, 2017
I care enough to workout 4-7 times per week. It's addicting after awhile. Have to force myself to rest some weeks

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A lot. I was bullied a lot in school for my looks, so I have very low self esteem. I try to look my best everyday.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I work insanely hard on my appearance and hygiene. I'm also incredibly self-loathing and will never be satisfied. Not a fun combo.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
I like looking like the person I feel like I am inside. I feel better when I keep up with my grooming, and I don't feel like myself if I let things slide.