• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How Many Times Do You Eat Takeout a Week?

• Never

Votes: 110 10.0%
  • Less than once a week

Votes: 366 33.4%
  • 1-3/ week

Votes: 435 39.7%
  • 4-7 times/ week

Votes: 131 12.0%
  • 7-15 times/ week

Votes: 42 3.8%
  • 16+ times/ week

Votes: 11 1.0%

• Total voters

Oichi

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
I eat a lot of takeout these days just to support the local restaurants that need it to get by because they're getting fewer customers due to corona. I rarely get takeout from any big franchises like Mcdonalds or Dominos.

Jun 10, 2018
Might be only twice per month I eat takeout. I honestly make better food than stuff I order, so I save money as well as being more satisfied.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Almost never.

Pretty much only eat out with m8s. And covid has cut that shit down by a lot.

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
I feel like there's a big jump between "Less than once a week" and "1-3 times a week".

We get takeaway more or less once a week. We used to also eat out at restaurants probably once or twice a fortnight back in the old world.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
basically never. partly because i make a point to just stop by the grocery store on the way home if i feel like i need something different to eat. the only time i do takeout is when i'm with friends or family.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I get Chinese once or twice a year. Zero times in 2020. That's it. Haven't had a takeaway pizza in about 15 years, haven't had a McDonalds since the turn of the millenium and probably could count on both hands the times I've had a junk food burger in my entire life. I eat crap sometimes, but I make it myself I suppose.

Irishmantis

Jan 5, 2019
16 times a week an option?

Jesus don't even think I eat 16 times a week

but for myself not great usually 3-4 but I voted 4-7 since it's def more times 4 than3

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Last year at least 4 times a week, sometimes more.
This year I try to live healthier and cut it down to once a week. I just wanna wear my favourite tshirts again.

Khasim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Soon after the pandemic started where I live (around April) I got addicted to Burger King, gained about 25kg over ~6 months (currently at 93, was about 70 this time last year), I was eating it 5-7 times a week, sometimes as the only meal of the day to try and justify it, still got fat.

Now I found a catering service that I like the taste of, it's gonna cost me less, fills me up nicely even though it's a looot less calories than I got used to over the past couple of months and it's healthy.
I bought a microwave specifically to be able to heat up some meals (I only had a stove up to that point) and I'm working out again to get rid of that shit.

So now I guess I'm still ordering takeout 7 times a week, but it's just because I am depressed as fuck (checking out therapists currently) and I can't cook for shit (also hate it with a passion currently), I also have IBS which means I need to be on a specific diet unless I want to spend a lot of time in the bathroom (one of the reasons I got addicted to Burger King is because, for some damn reason, it doesn't hurt me).
Hopefully once I no longer feel like an absolute disgusting pig I'll stop ordering takeout completely.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
A week? Zero.

More of when I just don't feel like cooking, at all. I would say around 2-3 times a month. Especially during payday, I love celebrating payday with eating out/takeaway

kiriku

Oct 27, 2017
I used to cook like 90 % of my meals even before the pandemic, and now that I work from home it's even easier. No takeout needed, I can just walk into the kitchen and cook something up during lunches.

BlueKaty

Nov 30, 2020
Once a week. I pick up some asian takeout, a pizza, hotdogs or burgers depending on my mood after shopping for groceries. I don't eat much anyway, a sandwich gets me through the day and for dinner I cook myself a quick meal.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Usually once a month as a family treat. It's comparatively expensive but I do most of the cooking and it's nice to have the evening off once in a while!

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I get it once or twice a month usually, although I've started doing it slightly more because of COVID to support places.

I did it a lot more when I lived with someone as particularly with delivery the costs scale much better with more than one person.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Depends on how stressful the week has been. Our goal has always been 1-2 times per week.
This week it's been 1-2 times per day.

May 25, 2019
London
Feel like the poll options are set up to skew the results. 1-3 is a huge block. There is an incredible difference getting takeout once a week vs. 3 times a week

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
1-3 times a week during WFH.

While working in the office, that jumps to 4-7.

And December while working not at home, it's 7-15

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Once every two weeks I do the most Belgian thing possible, getting french fries + some fried snacks in a place like this:

2301.PHOTO20191220150225.jpg

Maybe once a month we order pizza or kebab, and a few times a year we take-out chinese food. But I don' think I'd adds up to once a week.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Once a month maybe? I haven't done it in months currently though. It's way too expensive to do on a regular basis imo.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Put me down as Never but for the last day of 2020 and to celebrate my weight loss during that year I got 2 vegan pizzas delivered and scoffed them up like a pig in a trough. But that was the exception that proved the rule for me. It never occurs to me, and it would cost me like 3 or 4 times more to feed myself than just nuking some soup in the micro or whathaveyou, that I just never do it. I know it's a hugely popular thing and if I were not vegan and poor I might do it more but yeah put me down as Never.

Oct 27, 2017
1-2 times a week but we have been tying to do it even more lately to help out some of our local favs, the ones that haven't closed already :(

PinkSpider

Oct 27, 2017
Friday usually involves takeaway, a bottle (or two) of wine and binge watching stuff. Maybe roll that on to Saturdays too. I refuse to get it during the week however.

sven

Oct 31, 2017
Probably 3-4 times a week on average. It's a good thing I get a lot of exercise lol

Agamon

Aug 1, 2019
I really gotta try to concoct something weird to make what I can make myself taste worse then fast food.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
1-2 times a week, usually when I'm just not feeling like making something

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
not every week and usually only on a friday or saturday. if i'm feeling really lazy and hungry i will sometimes get one on both friday/saturday night.

haven't had a takeaway for about a month. could go one tonight now!

SpookySpice

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 22, 2019
Usually get take-out once a week with my partner and we always make sure to order from a place where we will have leftovers for lunch.

Honestly Lunch is the most difficult meal for me, at least dinner I have time to cook.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
A very good thing about the current circumstances is I'm down to once a week if that and have been cooking my weekly cheat meal more often than not.

It also tastes better this way -- give it a shot yall.

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tuesdays always turn into taco tuesdays for us. And then Fridays we're usually close to being out of food prep so we sometimes order then.

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
We've generally been doing once a week during the pandemic (usually dinner on Friday). Otherwise, I'm home all the time and I enjoy cooking, so I make most everything else.