• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How Many Times Do You Eat Takeout a Week?

• Never

Votes: 110 10.0%
  • Less than once a week

Votes: 366 33.4%
  • 1-3/ week

Votes: 435 39.7%
  • 4-7 times/ week

Votes: 131 12.0%
  • 7-15 times/ week

Votes: 42 3.8%
  • 16+ times/ week

Votes: 11 1.0%

• Total voters

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Maybe once a week we'll get pizza or maybe some paninis from a really good place next town over, and Chinese maybe once a month. Twice in one week is pretty rare, only happens if I'm really busy and somehow don't have anything around to prepare or that I want to eat.

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
I have a burger on Friday with co-workers. Usually go to a ramen place or other restaurant on the weekend. Rest of the week I cook. Lots of stew usually. Can make a big lot in the instant pot then eat that for the whole week. When I want something different I'll toss some chicken and vegetables in the air fryer.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Once a week, wife hates take out food :(

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Before COVID, 2-3 times a week easily.

Now, maybe once every two to three weeks, maybe

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Only once since the pandemic began, a huge order of Thai food. We loaded up when the pandemic was at its nadir at the end of September and froze most of it. Now we eat it once a week or so and it's last 3 months so far.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
Damn that's awful, how are you at predicting how much you'll need? I feel like if we did this we'd waste sooo much food.

I always cook extra to have leftovers, some stuff is great to make sandwiches or take to work, some stuff has tricks to reheat it in the most enjoyable way.
I've always been like that. Some types of pizza & pastries/bagels I'll keep an extra day or so. For the most part, fairly wasteful here.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Last time I had take out was Christmas Eve. The next time will be probably be March and the next will be around Easter.

That is considered excessive in my house.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Suggestion. 1-3 three times a week is a lot. How about changing that to 1 and adjusting the rest of the poll choices? Some of us can treat ourselves without making half of our weekly meals take out.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Only on special occasions, today being one of them. So I'd say like once every few months.

I try to keep all of my meals under five dollars, so takeout does not play well with that.

Gaardus

Oct 27, 2017
Very rarely since covid, but before that it was about once per week while waiting for the bus. Usually a couple items from the dollar menu at McDonald's or Taco Bell.

kowhite

May 14, 2019
It's gone down since working from home, but at least a few times a week. I just can't do some things like restaurants can, nor do I want to sometimes. I can't live a life without sushi.

wallmeat

Oct 28, 2017
usually 1-3 times a week, typically in the evenings. I tend to eat pretty healthy in the mornings and afternoons these days, especially since I've been WFH since April. I don't like cooking, but I'm trying to become more competent at it. When you live alone it kind of becomes a pain in the ass though.

Nothing1016

Oct 25, 2017
California
Normally 1-3 times a week.... Lately its been 5-7 because my roommate tested positive for COVID and I have been too lazy to sign up for instacart.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
when I had more money I was going probably 9-10 times a week but I also wouldnt eat breakfast.

With less money I've gone much less and I dont like it lol

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Usually 1-3 times.

Every Friday for sure.

And then usually like either a Saturday, Sunday, or Thursday depending on our schedules . Friday is locked it. It used to be our "go out to eat night" be now it's order take out night.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Depends on what is meant by "takeout". If we're talking about picking up a to go order at a restaurant, then maybe once a month.

If we're talking about fast food, then never.

Oct 25, 2017
Before COVID, probably 1-2 times a week. Much, much less since though. Maybe 4 times total since last March.

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
What's the difference between "never" and "less than once a week"? Lol. Are you only counting half meals?

I've done worse throughout my life, but I'm trying to stick to once a week. The kid and I call it "takeout Tuesday".

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Since we went keto 2.5 years ago it's maybe once a week at it's most frequent. It's just easier to control what we're eating without having to figure out the macros of restaurant food.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Never and I'm suprised so many people eat out that often. I enjoy cooking and it's cheaper. Any dish I would want from takeout I would rather try to do myself.

Sabot

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 31, 2017
I try to eat something nice on Fridays

but it's Thursday so I ate cup ramen at 10pm because I didn't feel like eating leftovers.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Was doing it nearly everyday last year. Did some rebudgeting for the new year and saw how much money I sunk into shitty food. Been cooking a lot more lmfao.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
Probably a little too much but been cutting down. That said I never do delivery and will pick up to save money that way. I also try not to exceed $10/meal where possible.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Not unless I'm traveling or super busy in the town over. Saves my budget so much money

Tiny Hawk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Before COVID, it would be 5 or 6 times a week. I'd get lunch with co-workers and get food at my friends' place on the weekend during D&D.

Now though? It's like once or twice a week, sometimes three. I'll order food usually if I have no idea what to cook or if I hit a good milestone at work (ex. quota completion or wrapped production).

Rsinart

Oct 27, 2017
Never, wife and I cook every night. I have a dairy allergy, and it's much cheaper cooking our own food.

Kalel114

Oct 27, 2017
I really like to cook, so I rarely do eat out. I'd say maybe every two weeks if I have craving for a pizza or BBQ.

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
1-2 times a week. I primarily cook for my partner and I, so we usually order out when I want a break from cooking dinner. Been trying to get better at meal prep but it can be a lot of work

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Papa Murphy's every Friday. Takeout from a restaurant every Saturday. Been like this since March.