• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
One thing I've been doing is going back and taking notes for my critique on the series, one thing I remember was that Kishimoto was incredibly inconsistent on just what the origin was for the Sharingan, like, apparently it's the power of hate that fuels it, but then, Kishimoto had the Second Hokage say that it's not hate that powers the Uchihas, it's love, they love so much with wounds that will not heal... (man, that was awkward). The Sharingan is one of the most bullshit power-ups in manga and anime history, it pretty much does whatever Kishimoto needs it to do, even if you don't have it, Madara doing a Susanoo without his eyes even though it's established that you NEED the Sharingan to be able to do a Susanoo, but not Madara, oh no. He gets to just do it when he has no eyes. Ugh....

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My favorite thing is how Kishi kept on adding new abilities to the Sharingan.

Once we got to Izanami, which was simply created to defeat Kabuto and never to be seen again, I just gave up.

OP
OP
Uzumaki Goku

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
My favorite thing is how Kishi kept on adding new abilities to the Sharingan.

Once we got to Izanami, which was simply created to defeat Kabuto and never to be seen again, I just gave up.

Yeah, then as I said, removing abilities from the Sharingan, like Madara doing a Susanoo when he had no eyes.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah I liked it when it was supposedly like a deviation from the byakugan but then it became ridiculously overpowered and eh... kind of dumb.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How many times did Kubo come up with new explanations for Chad's power (especially funny since Chad never did jack shit)

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
a rundown of sharingan bs:

Space time ninjutsu, look at something and switch places, why? Who cares.
J2XHW2U.gif

Being able to come back from literal death to hand people your sharingan
4455135-kakashi-of-the-sharingan-mangekyou.png

Being able to use sharingan powers without an actual sharingan:
Madara+Susanoo.png

That gif is even cool but goddamn the sharingan is some straight nonsense

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017

J2XHW2U.gif

Being able to use sharingan powers without an actual sharingan

the gif is his rinnegan ability

the other two though...lol

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
sharingan should have been left as a byakugan offshoot/mutation that allowed one to "predict/anticipate/read" moves provided your physical capacity and skills allowed you to keep up. everything after that was crazy.

actually, that whole manga/story went left field when brehs started getting landscape levelling upgrades out of nowhere left and right. The story, fights, and tension were at their best when its power levels were in check and smaller in scale. Zabuza fight is still a contender for Goat. Itachi vs Kakashi & Kurenai was great too. mostly taijutsu, bunshin feints, speed feats and other misc small jutsus (genjutsu iirc) that focused mostly on "skill". then Kishimoto opened pandora's box with that mangekyo shit and it was over

on a side note, remember that time sasuke randomly got a new summon and zetsu was like "erm i when did he make that summoning contract?" and shit was never mentioned again lmao

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
that whole manga/story went left field when brehs started getting landscape levelling upgrades out of nowhere left and right. The story, fights, and tension were at their best when its power levels were in check and smaller in scale.
You know what's funny, is that things were kept in check when it was a huge ass risk to use the OP BS. But then it progressed to "lol nah unlimited sharingan now"

Oct 29, 2017
The power scaling in general gradually got worse and worse as time went on, but it didn't go completely insane until the Rinnegan and Senjutsu--the Action Replay and Game Shark of the ninja world--were introduced.

OP
OP
Uzumaki Goku

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Anybody remember when Itachi pulled the Susanoo out of nowhere? I didn't know the Sharingan could do an ability that makes you virtually immortal.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Izanami was so ridiculous that it made Kabuto trustworthy enough to literally run an orphanage of uchiha clones.
95e22abc5ca8dd8ebc727b1e7982294e.jpg

Caja 117

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody remember when Itachi pulled the Susanoo out of nowhere? I didn't know the Sharingan could do an ability that makes you virtually immortal.
But Susanoo wasnt out of nowhere, every one that read the manga was expecting Itachi doing Susanoo after he did Amaterasu, what no one was expecting was what was it, only something that was going to make Tsukijomy and Amaterasu look like low tier Jutsu. now, Izanami is WTF

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I still think the mangekyou sharingan was a cool idea, but it really went bonkers when eternal mangekyou was introduced and all the stupid shit that came after.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
sharingan should have been left as a byakugan offshoot/mutation that allowed one to "predict/anticipate/read" moves provided your physical capacity and skills allowed you to keep up. everything after that was crazy.
Those were good times.

With Baruto though, is the Byakugan going to now get an upgrade? It was hyped up so much, but now just seems lame in comparison.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

J2XHW2U.gif

4455135-kakashi-of-the-sharingan-mangekyou.png

Being able to use sharingan powers without an actual sharingan:
Madara+Susanoo.png

First two of these actually sort of have the same explanation. Sasuke's teleportation was received from the Rikudo Senin's "chakra ghost" (For want of a better term) after he gave Sasuke some of his power to awaken the Rinnegan in one of his eyes... and Obito momentarily appearing to Kakashi to give him his own powers for a very brief period could be explained by the same thing: Chakra ghost. Still ass-pull horseshit of course but (arguably) consistent in-universe ass-pull horseshit at least.

Last one is just bullshit though.

Those were good times.

With Baruto though, is the Byakugan going to now get an upgrade? It was hyped up so much, but now just seems lame in comparison.

Google "Tenseigan".

Last edited:

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
most of the villains just straight up die

orochimaru and kabuto are the only ones who really get off the hook

(sasuke too, if you want to count him)
I will never ever ever ever understand this.

It's like if Voldemort not only got spared by Harry Potter, but was even invited to teach as a guest lecturer at Hogwarts.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Considering the number of people dead in horrific human experiments due to the first two, and we ignore Sasuke trying to murder everyone in a temper tandrum, it's still not a good thing.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Kabuto getting spared because of Izanami is still one of the silliest things. Dude helped kickstart a world war, did some of the worst and immoral deeds out of anyone, and basically got no punishment for it. Like what the heck?

Orochimaru at least helped stop the war, and he didn't directly instigate it. Plus the dude's under constant surveillance. Still not exactly the punishment he deserves for his earlier crimes, but eh...

Sasuke didn't get off the hook tho, as was shown in the anime.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
Boruto has a special offshoot Byakugan, right? Forgot its name. So don't worry, by the end of bortuo, both eyes will be OP
don't think they've revealed any connection between Boruto's JĹŤgan (I think is the correct way) and the other eye powers. But yes it has already been teased in the manga that there is more to it and it will play a larger role in the story. Who knows in what way though.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
I will never ever ever ever understand this.

It's like if Voldemort not only got spared by Harry Potter, but was even invited to teach as a guest lecturer at Hogwarts.
except both of them played a decent role in helping the alliance during the War. And I wouldn't say Orochimaru was completely off the hook. They kept tabs on him and constant watch outside his village to make sure he wasn't doing anything evil.

RockGun90

Jul 28, 2018
Hey, remember when the Third hokage fighting Orochimaru with a big stick was " hokage level combat"?

Also, isn't the Rinnegan just an upgraded sharingan? Didn't Madara explain this when he saved Obito? So then why was it so important to get Pain's Rinnegan?

bar_bar12

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Hey, remember when the Third hokage fighting Orochimaru with a big stick was " hokage level combat"?

Also, isn't the Rinnegan just an upgraded sharingan? Didn't Madara explain this when he saved Obito? So then why was it so important to get Pain's Rinnegan?
Pain's Rinnegan was actually Madara's. It was part of his plan after his death to give his eyes to Nagato (One of the dumbest things in Naruto that doesn't get talked about that much)

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
except both of them played a decent role in helping the alliance during the War. And I wouldn't say Orochimaru was completely off the hook. They kept tabs on him and constant watch outside his village to make sure he wasn't doing anything evil.
Orochimaru killed the 3rd hokage and did some fucked up stuff. Dude should be in prison

RockGun90

Jul 28, 2018
Pain's Rinnegan was actually Madara's. It was part of his plan after his death to give his eyes to Nagato (One of the dumbest things in Naruto that doesn't get talked about that much)
And what was that plan? And didnt Nagato "project" his power onto the Six Pains or something so they could have the Rinnegan power? Why did he need Madara's eyes if he had his own?

Why do people defend this show?

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Is this Uzumaki Goku's 2nd Naruto thread today lol?

On topic:

Yeah Kishi didn't have the firmst grasp on consistent world building.

bar_bar12

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
And what was that plan? And didnt Nagato "project" his power onto the Six Pains or something so they could have the Rinnegan power? Why did he need Madara's eyes if he had his own?

Why do people defend this show?
Nagato never had his own Rinnegan. He always had Madara's, who wanted to preserve his eyes after his death and have Nagato resurrect him with Rinne Rebirth jutsu (Which Nagato used to revive the dead of Konoha). Obito was the one who transplanted Madara's eyes to Nagato, who was chosen because he was an Uzumaki, and thus was a descendant of the Senju, and therefore had the necessary chakra to wield the Rinnegan.