• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Prior to the outbreak, I used to wash my hands when going to the bathroom and before eating, but not really too often outside of that. Currently, I feel like I'm washing my hands about 20 times a day, even in isolation. It's probably overkill, but I can't help it.

I wonder if there is still anybody out there who don't wash their hands at all now.

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
More times than I can probably count, man. 20+ times probably easy. And I'm pretty much in self-isolation. I haven't left my home in a minute.

powersurge

Nov 2, 2017
Pensacola, FL
All the usual times but if I handle anything like mail or something recently purchased from outside my house(food etc..) I'm washing my hands and letting that item sit for 2-3 days. Could be overkill could be not enough I really don't know for sure. Was based on how long folks were saying covid could live on a surface. So yeah I've got some bags of stuff that goes in the pantry just sitting in the kitchen for a couple of days then I'll put it all up and wash my hands again lol.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Working every hour at least + before meals + after using bathroom, probably 10-15. Been murder on my hands.

On days off probably 3 or 4 times.

ps3ud0

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would say on average every hour...

I'm not treating food/mail any differently...

ps3ud0 8)

Manicstreet

Oct 25, 2017
Since I'm at home, just the "normal" amount of times. After the bathroom, eating Doritos (I hate that dust on my hands) etc.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
As many times as I go out or touch things from zhe outside so it varies. But at least 5 times I would think, tho not only due to covid.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Anytime my hands feel remotely dirty, after I eat, and bathroom. So still the same as usual.

At my work I need nitrile gloves anyways and the sweat buildup is nasty, so I already wash like 5+ times every few hours at work (which I'm still working at right now since its considered an essential service)

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
20-30 times a day? Honestly not that much of an increase, I've always been a bit obsessive with keeping my hands clean and free from oil.

JoJoBae

Oct 25, 2017
Layton, UT
On days when I need to go get groceries, double digits probably? Once before I go, once after I come in, once more after I lock up, one last time after I get food put away and cleaned. Plus the usual 3-5ish of a usual day.

Apollo

Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Before I eat or drink as well as after going to the bathroom. Probably wash 20-30x daily.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
Probably less than usual(just when going to the loo etc.) as I'm not really leaving the house much at the moment.

Before the lock down and I was having to go to the office a couple of days a week I was washing them a crazy amount.

Rad

Oct 26, 2017
Around 10-15 times. My hands are dry as hell now because of so much soap usage.

Normally 3-4 times.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Normally 2 or 3 times while at home now 5 to 7, haven't gone out much but basically every time I use the bathroom of course and eat, anytime I go outside to walk the dog as well I wash when I come back but I usually eat after walking him so I get 2 for 1 deals on that wash

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I still only give them a quick rinse for about a second every time I go to the bathroom. I know I should use soap at least but I'm not going outside atm and I'm just assuming I won't get it.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
Working from home now, so I'd say 4-8 times would be a rough average. Before eating, coming in from outside, etc.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Don't really count, but I know it's more than 5 and that was before the coronavirus.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i had a bottle of hand sanitzer that lasted half a decade. past month i went through that and three others

ate through hand soap too (there were like 5 bottles under my kitchen sink prior). crazy thing is i don't particularly notice myself washing/sanitizing my hands more at home, chalk it up to the power of subconsciousness

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Not that many if I'm being honest. My family and I don't leave the house. So I wash when I wake, before and after eating and before and after I take the dog for a walk and then before bed.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
When I'm only home like during the weekends and coming week when I'm not going to work, only after toilet visit. I live alone and it's not contaminated.

If I'm going to the store or such I'll do it after getting home which I normally didn't before.

Oct 27, 2017
Probably 15-20 times a day. Combined with trying to keep the kids in garden so they're not stuck on screens all day and thus my hands getting battered by cold winds, my skin is quite cracked and sore at the moment.

amoy

Oct 28, 2017
Not much change in my routine, granted things are pretty much normal over here, COVID-19 isn't that high on my current list of worries.

So dozen of times a day due to work, even using gloves, mechanical fluids and chemicals seemingly always find their way to my hands :/

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
living in an apartment its pretty easy unless i need to take trash out.........which is like once every two weeks.

So like 3-5 times a day, pretty much exclusively when i first enter the home, disinfect my phone and clear my place for survival mode. After that i usually only need to worry about it after going to the washroom or before eating.

At work though...........constantly, after every activity

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
I'm just chilling at home so not any more than usual.
The last week I was at work I went mad with the sanitiser though.

Oct 27, 2017
Why would you wash your hands more often than before if you're quarantined at home?
Infectious shit is outside. I wash my hands quite a few times a day because I'm always cooking/cleaning the kitchen and dishes, walking and feeding the dogs and doing anything around the house that makes my hands dirty. But I did that prior to the quarantine.

oh Yeah, the only new extra step is washing my dogs' little paws before I walk into the house, which also wash my hands I guess.

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
Im reducing it to minimum. 3-5 times. Not every time with soap.

my hands look horrible as it is.

Macnair

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
20 to 30 times at the office and 10 to 15 times at home.

I'm tasked to do dishes, garbage and pupi diaper changes.

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
Every time I get home.
Before cooking.
After bathroom breaks.

Oh, and usually when I get off work (wfh).

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
I was already a 20 plusser - Now I'm bleach wiping my shopping and washing the fuck out of any can that's going to go near my mouth.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Most days I literally do not cross the door outside. So just normal, except if I do leave, and I'll have alcohol lotion with my to wash from time to time.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Slightly more than usual. I wash my hands after touching delivery packages.

I was already a frequent enough hand washer that I've walked around with a bottle of lotion daily since high school 15 some odd years ago to moisturize my hands since y'all nasty and dry hands suck. And my hand washing has always been 20 seconds or longer.

Nothing's changed on my end.