• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How many tabs do you have open?

• 1-10

Votes: 189 56.8%
  • 11-25

Votes: 39 11.7%
  • 25-50

Votes: 34 10.2%
  • 50-100

Votes: 18 5.4%
  • 100+

Votes: 53 15.9%

• Total voters

arcadepc

Banned
Dec 28, 2019
On tablets no less than 5 because it slows down. On PC 10 the most, even on ultrawide Monitor.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
21 on my desktop right now. 12 of them are manga I'm in the middle of reading.

My laptop has 6

My phone has 5.

I don't understand how people are getting so many on their phone. I always close tabs when I'm done with them, but I guess not everyone does.

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
Easily 100+. Thanks to the addon 'The great suspender' they are not actually open and eating up memory. I also use the addon Session Buddy to save all that are open and cull everything every few weeks.

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
Anything above 5 and my OCD/anxiety sets in.

For working from home, since I don't have a second monitor handy, I tend to push that number occasionally (maybe 11 or 12 at most) but even then, I try to open a second browser window or whatever.

One of my co-workers showed me their set up, which was like.. 30+ tabs. They had a system and knew exactly where each tab was, but just looking at that gave me anxiety.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
14 tabs currently.

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM IS IMPORTANT.

tokyostomp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't use tabs, only multiple windows. At any given time I have a minimum of 47 Firefox instances running

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I only have more than one tab open when I'm doing some kind of work. It's been like that ever since I was in school, and I feel like I've now negatively conditioned myself to hating having multiple tabs open, because of the assocation with work.

Ubik

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Never really more than a few. Just 2 right now. Do people just not use bookmarks anymore? I really don't understand why you would need that many live pages open.

hyouko

Oct 27, 2017
On this computer, 65. Don't even want to think about the work computer - all kinds of documentation spilling all over the place there.

(I usually keep it pretty limited on my phone though, I think that's got 9?)

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
On my phone I had maybe 200 a few days ago. (All you get is a smiley face after you exceed 100 tabs) so just taking a guess.

But I cut it down to close to 100 recently.

If Mobile Chrome let you bookmark all of them with one click, I would. But Google chooses to not give Mobile Chrome the features desktop versions have.

I'll eventually bookmark them one by one.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
2 on Firefox mobile, all of them relating to things I am actively doing.

1 on my desktop Firefox. I have literally 0 need to save things in tabs when I can just remember what I am looking for.

I generally only have other tabs open when I am actively multitasking and at most I'll have 3-4 open.

I close them all when I close my browser.

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
100+ in the vote should really be :)
I know some of you know what I'm talking about.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
a lot over multiple browser windows. probably over 100 altogether. i'll do a cleanse every once in a while but then it piles up again. lol it gets bad but that's how i am. ppl are different, it's cool. some ppl will find that amount stressful, but not me. it's like unread emails and notifications.

it can get up there on mobile too. but i'll clear it once every once in a while.

Molecule

Nov 2, 2017
I never have more than 1 or 2 open unless I'm researching something or need a few pages open for a guide for a game. But never really 10 or more. I always close shit down if I'm done with it.

Midgarian

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2020
Midgar
I spend more time opening new tabs to read later, than I do actually reading those tabs.

It's the new version of "spending more time talking/browsing/watching videos/listening to podcasts about games than playing games".

32 open on my phone right now.