• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which digital 'media subscriptions' do you currently have active?

• Television & film (Netflix, Amazon Prime, HBO, etc.)

Votes: 1,115 78.4%
  • Game subscription service (Game Pass, EA Access, PS Now, etc.)

Votes: 534 37.6%
  • Music streaming (Spotify, Apple Music, Deezer, etc.)

Votes: 729 51.3%
  • Gaming infrastructure (PS+, Xbox Live, Nintendo Online, etc.)

Votes: 1,041 73.2%
  • Online media video content (Twitch sub, Patreon, Giant Bomb, etc.)

Votes: 330 23.2%
  • Other (Digital newspapers, digital magazines, Apple News+, paid newspapers, etc.)

Votes: 170 12.0%
  • None

Votes: 98 6.9%

• Total voters

oni_gank

Banned
May 13, 2019
Only Netflix (family account with 3 other peoples) and PS+.

I am good for now, maybe add a couple more in the future, if I could find a good deal.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Netflix, Amazon Prime, DAZN, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate (including Xbox Live Gold), Nintendo Switch Online, PS Plus

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
I'm subscribed to 4 services right now.

- Netflix 191.99€ a year. I have the premium sub so a few of my family members have access to the content. Overall i'm still pretty happy with Netflix as i more often then not find something that interests me.

- Amazon Prime 69€ a year. Not as much content as Netflix but still a lot. The original content is also different enough from what Netflix is offering so the two services mix well together. Not to forget the free shipping.

- PS+ 59.99€ a year. The reason i'm subscribed to this service is so that i can play my fighting games online. The games are just a bonus to me. I'm not even that down on the games that were added in recent times. Though i have also not played a single one of them yet. I can see why peeps who only subsribe because of the monthly games would be pissed though. Less games are being offered for more money than in the past and the main reason are peeps like me who mainly sub because we want to play our online games, and don't care for much else.

- NSO 19.99€ a year. Same as PS+ i'm subscribed so i can play online. The service is still cheap so it's not as much of a nuisance but if the price was raised, which it will, i know i would pay.

All 4 services together cost me 340.86€ a year. That's quite a lot of money for me. I'm also planning to add Disney+ and Hulu when they launch. I also want to subscribe to a game streaming service, preferably one that lets me stream my game library rather than one where you can only play the games that are included in the sub. Something like Geforce Now or xCloud. Still need to know more though like pricing and such.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Netflix 14€
HBO Portugal 5€

I also have gamepass until january 2020 via various deals so its hard to value that as a "sub" but I think Ive apent like 60€ overall on it since the start from the various deals.

And nintendo online for 20€ for 1 year also.

Kane

Oct 28, 2017
I only pay for Nintendo Online and Google Play Music, so it's less than 10$ a month.
I use boyfriend's Netflix account tho :)

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
Netflix (13,99e) and Spotify(9.99e) are my permanent subscriptions I see keeping active for years and years to come.

Random 2nd streaming service occasionally.

Humble Monthly Bundle(12$) is my only gaming related subscription.

Number of services is perfect for me. Never had issues with feeling like I have too many subscriptions.

Last edited:

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
I have:

NSO (1yr, 10€ bundled with Mario Maker 2, effectively free as I already saved over 10€ with Game Vouchers)
FFXIV, 2 subscriptions (22 € per month for two basic subs)

For a grand total of 22€ per month.

I will not pay for NSO unless I can save more money than I will spend on the service's cost.

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Spotify (I will definitely keep that)
Game Pass (will subscribe here and there)
PS+ (have it running since launch but don't want to keep it running anymore)
Nintendo Online (not really using it so I'm not sure I will keep it running after 1y)

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
None

• How many subs do you have active at the moment?

• How much do you pay per month for these services?
    $0

• Which services are you subscribed to?
    None

• And most importantly, how do you feel about the amount of subscription services you are subscribed to?
Perfect
Me too. Everytime I see a free trial for something I get it and then quickly unsub before the trial expires tho (ex:Amazon prime).

Abstrusity

Oct 27, 2017
I donate to some artists on Patreon and pay sub for FFXIV. I get Hulu, but I don't have to pay for it.

MrRojan

Jan 26, 2019
Actually a lot.
Spotify, Funimation, Amazon Prime, Crunchyroll, PSN, Giant Bomb,Nintendo Online and Netflix.

I will probably cancel PSN, Nintendo Online.

the_kaotek1

Oct 25, 2017
Ps+ I always get a year sub when it's 40.
NSO I got a family plan so 40 for that but I doubt I'll renew as the service isn't worth it.
Netflix a tenner a month.

For music I prefer to buy from places like Bandcamp as I want to support the artists directly.

Edit: Also Humble monthly but only when there's games I want.

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
PS+ (probably going to cancel this soon as I rarely play on PS4 compared to PC)

Spotify (Recently resubbed after getting new earbuds but might drop soon)

Netflix (No plans to cancel)

Marvel Unlimited (Will probably cancel soon. A bit expensive imo and the app can be a real pain to use)

Will at least sign up for Nintendo Online later this week for MUA3. But probably won't renew very often.

I try to keep my subs fairly limited as it's so hard to even get the most of one specific service.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
ps+ (to play games)
giant bomb (to support a thing I like)
youtube (use way too much, so I'll pay to avoid ads)
crunchyroll (to support watching anime)

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
None, actually. I've done some subscription spring cleaning (Giant Bomb, Amazon Prime, Youtube) the past few months and realised I didn't need them or at least like my wife already had Netflix and Spotify.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Netflix - $15
Hulu/spotify - $5
Crunchyroll - $5
Ps+ - $5
Patreon - $11
Gamepass- currently $5
Prime - $5

*prices per month. Annual subs divided by 12
bless student discounts working for OMS

So just around $50. Will probably trade in crunchyroll for hbo max once that comes around since it's already part of the service. Otherwise the only one I'd strongly consider dropping would be prime I guess. I use everything else too often to want to get rid of.

psilocybe

Oct 27, 2017
Only all options that are not games, lol

I'm not counting the $1 Gamepass since I will not keep it.

No much love for paid newspaper here, huh? I got tired of the limited access, so I decided to jump into my favorite one.

SprachBrooks

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Amazon Prime Student
Apple Music
Crunchyroll

About $20 a month. The rest I'll just find other ways of watching. Subscription fatigue is kicking in fast.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
Monthly streaming stuff:
Spotify(bonus- hulu comes added free!)
Netflix

Yearly subscriptions:
Amazon Prime
Giant Bomb
PS+

I try to limit the amount of stuff I'm subscribed to. Depending on what is out HBO Now is sometimes on there as well. Idk, seems like everyone is finally getting into the subscription model for their content. I don't even know if i'll jump on the whole Disney + thing. Maybe just to watch The Mandalorian whenever that comes out.

The only one that I see cutting is probably Netflix since I hardly use it as much anymore. Might just go the HBO Now route and resubscribe whenever there is something worth watching. Still it's only $25 a month for my monthly stuff so I guess it's not that bad.

Shudouken

Jun 19, 2019
None as well.
Tempted to get Switch Online when Pokemon releases, used the 7-day free trial for Smash already, which totally wasn't worth it.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I have quite a few subscriptions... Monthly breakdown below
Netflix $16
Spotify $10
PS+ $5
GamePass Ultimate $4 (locked for 3 years)
Origin Premiere $8
Patreon $15 for various artists/podcasts
Audible $15
Total monthly cost of $73
Hulu, Prime, Crunchyroll, HBOGo I bum off of different friends and my parents. They bum Netflix off of me. I think it's mostly worth it, though I shouldn't have locked in a year of Origin Premiere. I'll drop it next year and go month to month on it. Audible absolutely saves my 40+ min each way commute, and any time I'm not gaming is mostly eaten up by Netflix.

hersheyfan

Oct 25, 2017
Manila, Philippines
Television and film: Netflix. I also get HBO Go free with my internet package.
Music streaming: Spotify
Gaming infrastructure: PlayStation Plus (Asia), Nintendo Switch Online
Game subscription service: I dont subscribe to any of the EA Access / Xbox Game Pass type services, but I do have an annual sub to Humble Monthly, so if that counts as a digital subscription despite retaining ownership after the sub ends, then yeah.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
PlayStation Plus
Amazon Prime
Criterion Channel
Giant Bomb

Final Fantasy XIV (intermittent)
Humble Monthly (intermittent)
Hulu
HBO Now

$40ish total toward a ton of YouTube and game creators on Patreon

[Nintendo Switch Online family plan]
[Spotify Premium family plan]
[Parents' Netflix]
[Parents' Playstation Vue]
[Sibling's VRV]

With the yearly subscriptions added it looks like a ton, but the month-to-month cost isn't too bad, especially since all the media apps are shared amongst my family. The main thing that sometimes gets out of hand is Patreon, I currently back 20 people and actually had to cut it back quite a bit to get down to around $40.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Trying to remember them all:
  • PlayStation Plus (yearly)
  • Giant Bomb Premium (yearly)
  • Amazon Prime (yearly)
  • Netflix
  • HBO Now
  • Hulu ad-free
  • Apple Music
  • Comixology Unlimited
  • Washington Post digital ($4/mo with Prime)

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I find it worth it. Everything I follow is covered very well, Hockey alone probably makes it worth it compared to anything else out there, but I imagine if certain things people follow have bad beat writers I could see it not having worth.

I like it as well, I like having access to ALL the content. I was hesistant at first, because they were missing some of the big sports in Seattle, but they have hired for it.

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
Continually subscribed to Amazon Prime (with Warhammer TV taking the included Twitch sub) and Game Pass Ultimate, plus I occasionally dip into Netflix and Now TV when there's enough I want to watch on those services.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Netflix
Prime
PS Plus
Nintendo Online
Game Pass PC

I've paused my Humble Monthly in favour of Game Pass. I might outright cancel PS Plus since I don't get much value out of it.

NavNucST3

Nov 13, 2017
Netflix (4K) - $17/mo
Amazon Prime Video -
Hulu no commercials - $13/mo
HBO GO via DirecTv Now via AT&T
CBS All Access - $99/year
Xbox Gamepass Ultimate - $15
Xbox Gamepass Ultimate - $15
EA Access - $30/year
EA Access - $30/year
Apple Music Family -
SiriusXM - $27

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
I bought PS PLUS on sale up to October 2023. Worked out at €3.50 a month. I won't be subbing to anything else on PS5 just Plus.

RepedeYuriKarol

User Requested Ban
Banned
Jul 17, 2019
I only own an X and a Switch, so GP Ultimate and I got a year of Switch online with Mario Maker. On PC I paid for 6 months of Wow

Had a year of EA Origin for 30 bucks, didnt' renew because didn't play it enough and Apex is free

Roommate has Netflix so I use that

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
Here we go:

Spotify
Netflix 4k
Hulu Ad free
Amazon Prime
Gamepass - Yearly
PS Plus - Yearly. Letting this one expire when it runs out though.
Nintendo Online - Yearly

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
Currently have Xbox Live, Game Pass, Netflix, Google Play Music, Amazon Prime, and Epix (trial lapsed while I wasn't paying attention).

Currently only have Netflix and Play Music on monthly, so about $24. I've been debating canceling both at various time. Prime is annual subscription and with the amount my family uses it, it's basically for the free shipping benefits and not the streaming. Epix was an accident, only $6 a month and I'll cancel before the next month charge.

As far as Live and Gamepass, I've built up a nice cushion with deals/price errors and upgrading to
Ultimate. I'm set until 2022 or so.

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
Viz Media - £1.60 / month - to read the latest One Punch Man manga.
Patreon - around £24 / month - for a few of my fave Youtubers.

KUON

Oct 30, 2017
Midgar
I got Netflix (sister pays for it) Spotify Family, Nintendo Online and Tidal HiFi(Got it with Turkish VPN, so instead of 20 euro monthly, I pay 3 euro).

And once in a while I get ps+

And also got google one 200gb monthly for a year, 20 euro or so

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My only current active subscription is for PS+. Previously had Google Music but switched to my friends Spotify Premium, and I use my parents Netflix lol.