• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Is this a mid-life crisis thing or something? Making your own fast food hardly seems exciting.
wut?

we make our own hamburgers. I put cheese, sometimes jalapenos and the spices inside the actual meat and on top.

Pizza on a big green egg is about the closest your going to get to a brick oven pizza from a restaurant. Love doing that, its a lot of fun, especially with friends you put out all the ingredients and do make your own pizzas kind of buffet style.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Pizza stone on the BBQ plus homemade dough and homemade pizza sauce. Good shit.

You have to think ahead, but the same is true of any good homemade meal.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I don't eat cheese so I've made my own "pizza" with a make-a-pizza kit. But it's just bread lmao

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
The less food preparation I have to do, the better. So no, I don't. Closest I've ever gotten to making anything is throwing chicken fillets under the grill, and I mean that.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Pizza and burgers yes, both made at home with store bought ingredients and from scratch (also not always beef, both deer and moose burgers have been cooked). Hot dogs only made at home but storebought, has to be deli or better dogs though, prepackaged couple dollar packs just make me sick.

Burgers I always get ground beef (or other meat) and make myself. Pizza is 50-50, half the time I make my own the other I am lucky enough the local grocery train has a really good rising crust frozen pizza that's only beat by homemade or a real pizza joint, puts most store bought or chain pizza to shame.

As for eating out I don't really do that and when I do it's so rare it makes me feel funny. In fact my mom just got home from a cruise last weekend and wanted McDonalds and I got a couple burgers and I was hungry half an hour later and had the shits the next day. Not really worth it to be honest.

Last edited:

Qasiel

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I make burgers quite regularly - It's nice to get a load of ground meat and make up burgers and meatballs, with enough to freeze for later meals. And hot dogs are usually a thing whenever I do a barbecue. Pizzas are a rarity, but I think I might be making one this week and I'm looking forward to it as I've not made one in a while.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I am learning that people make their own hot dogs. That's not something we ever did at my house and I don't know anyone who does that either.

Homemade burgers are the best. We make pizza at home sometimes but it is not as good as a legit NY style slice.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Pizza and burgers yeah, I use my mom's recipes and they are fantastic.

I never thought about making my own hot dog, I don't even know how I would do that. But I wouldn't be opposed to trying it.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
who the hell buys "pre-made" burger patties? What kind of sick shit is that? buy some ground chuck (or ground anything) and make your own god damn burgers!

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
who the hell buys "pre-made" burger patties? What kind of sick shit is that? buy some ground chuck (or ground anything) and make your own god damn burgers!
I agree with you. Its also not hard at all.

But what the fuck do I know. Apparently people have been hand rolling their own hot dogs while I buy mine from the grocery store like a schmuck.

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
I make my own burgers because ready made burgers suck. Closest I've ever made a pizza was telling the line person what I wanted on Mod and Blaze. Who makes hotdogs. Honestly.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I make my own burgers because ready made burgers suck. Closest I've ever made a pizza was telling the line person what I wanted on Mod and Blaze. Who makes hotdogs. Honestly.
Real men.

We are just pale imitations who live on the shoulders of greater men who sell their finished hot dogs at the supermarket.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
you making hotdogs from scratch or something? no premade burgers either, ground beef.

but yes, I make all 3, rarely eating out for those foods because i rarely see the point. You can be real lazy with the pizza too, and still make that shit satisfying enough.

Oct 25, 2017
Hotdogs were my go to meal at home for a few years.
I don't eat Pizza anymore besides a certain microwave kind rarely now.

I make hamburgers all the time.
Swiss on top and a toasted King's Hawaiian hamburger bun, perfection

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
The idea of "making" a hotdog seems kinda weird. I mean, yeah, technically it's "making" but you just get a bun, stick a hot dog in there, and then put whatever condiments you want. It's like "making" cereal or something.

Deleted member 30411

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I bought a few tubs of dough from the supermarket for pizza in the past. It's barely any effort and you can be eating damn good pizza, exactly to your liking pretty quick. It ain't great dough but it's cheap and most the pizza places round here aren't enlightened enough to hit me with the spinach and sheep cheese.

Nose Master

Oct 27, 2017
Home made hot dogs is a weird one because i assume you dont mean rawdogging meat into your own casing and just microwaving some oscar meyer. Burgers tho hell yeah. Pizza is also fun but havent for a few years

Felt

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yes to all (hotdogs though? Like what)

I prefer my pizza over any restaurant. I got a cooking stone and an old fire oven that goes to 600 degrees.

Cheap and ez too. Dough is made in a bread machine.

I mix marinara with hot sauce, and use w/e toppings I'm feeling. I roll the crust with cheese and brush with butter and garlic.

I toss that on a hot AF stone for 10 minutes and out comes heaven.

Did I mention it's cheap? Like $2 worth of ingredients per pizza max.

TurokTTZ

Oct 25, 2017
I make my own pizza. though if im lazy i replace the dough with naan bread.

whole milk mozzarella, fresh mozzarella, provolone, and asiago.

uncured pepperoni. my own marinara sauce recipe. i also season the crust with garlic butter that also includes parmesan and parsley.

sure it takes time but i can make a pizza that'll take any takeout or delivery pizza to the cleaners.

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did homemade pizza last night. It's good when you have a lot of weird odds and ends in the fridge. Did mine with half an onion, some old salami, a couple leftover mushrooms that weren't looking great. Had like three chunks of random melty cheese. Tossed the last bit of rocket on top after it came out. Voila, dope pizza.

Dough takes like ten minutes to make. Just do it in the morning while you're brewing coffee and leave it on the counter until game time.

Keep some sauce in your fridge or skip it for olive oil and garlic.

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
Pizza, probably 1-2 times a month, make the dough and sauce from scratch, shred some cheese and toss it on the pizza stone, takes probably 2 hours total for 2 pizzas, most of that is waiting on the dough to rise.

Burgers, all the time, so freaking easy and fast.

Hot dogs you gotta define, not going to grind my own anus' into casings, barely even eat them as is. A good brat though, aw yeah.

Deleted member 5549

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not equipped to do all those things from scratch, but I did try some alternatives like vegan-pizza/burgers. they tasted bad, though.

besides I'd rather do something that's hard to find here, like middle-eastern or indian food.

BIGLukas

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Homemade pizza is great, although I've never made my own dough. I like using naan.
Not sure what you mean by homemade with hot dogs but if it's just cooking them at home then yeah, all the time.
I haven't been cooking for very long so burgers aren't something I've gotten around to yet.