• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Khamsinvera

Oct 31, 2017
I thought about this a while last night. It's definitely 20% more expensive than I anticipated.

However, the 144Hz display and Tested's video won me over.

I want a shiny new toy. I want my kid to be hyped for new tech.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure it's really cool, but I just can't justify that price. I bought an HTC Vive about two months ago, I'm quite satisfied with that.

Whatever flaship Valve game that's coming with Index later this year is going to be compatible with other SteamVR headsets anyway, so I will be able to play it.

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
I was only going to get the controllers after the initial pricing reveal yesterday, but now I'm leaning towards getting the HMD as well.

What can I say, I like technology and VR.

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
I think ill get the controllers first. Possibly will get the headset, maybe not at launch but sometime this/next year.

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I really am tempted to just get the controllers, but I think I'm going to regret not getting it for the improved optics.

I would've liked it if this thing launched with eye tracking, though. And cheaper base stations, so I could upgrade those.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm only in for controllers since I don't know how long the HMD cord is. I use long extenders for the Vive to have full mobility across my VR area, so i'd need a really long cord for Index or cable extenders. Until that or a wireless addon, just controllers.

Hellsing321

Oct 30, 2017
Just the controllers for now. If they ever release a wireless add on for it I'd upgrade in a heartbeat.

RTX ON

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
Just waiting on a friend, he's looking to purchase my left kidney, then at least I could afford the controllers........

atom519

Oct 28, 2017
I'm in for the HMD + Knuckles combo. Hyped. Been looking to upgrade my Vive for a while now, and this ticks most of the boxes for me. Although most expensive than I expected, least I get to re-use my existing basestations.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Will it function with just the HMD and controllers, or do I need the base stations as well?

Oct 27, 2017
I just can't justify the price. Even if I was forced to spend ÂŁ920 on PC gaming stuff, I'm pretty sure I'd get more use out of a high-end GPU upgrade.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It looks nice, but I don't have a gaming PC right now. I plan on building one sooner rather than later, but I can't justify automatically dropping at least almost $1000 in additional cash for this when there's really not any software that would interest me anyway. The tech is interesting but not worth it (for me) to invest so much money in.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Strongly considering the controllers... they look amazing.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Need the base stations. If you want to go cheap, you can likely find version 1.0 on ebay, as they are compatible with the Index.
You'll need those too for the controllers.
I think I might get the HMD and controllers then use my brother's basestations from his Vive.

That's a no from me then.

Probably a mental thing, but the controller and HMD at ÂŁ689 feels OK at a push, but the all in package being within spitting distance of ÂŁ1k just feels wrong.

I'll wait for the first price drop late 2019/early 2020.

IMACOMPUTA

Oct 27, 2017
Controller ASAP, headset when it goes on sale/gets marked down.

Gonna use my 1.0 base stations.

Uhyve

Oct 25, 2017
Would've been sold at maybe ÂŁ700, right now I'm thinking I might finally just give into Facebook and get an Oculus.

I mean a full Vive kit is only ÂŁ499 at retail these days. I refuse to believe that the Index is over ÂŁ400 better than the Vive.

Last edited:

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Would love to, but the software is still not where it needs to be for me to make that investment. I'd probably still bite, but I don't have the space for it.

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
Ended up getting the HMD + controllers.

At least shipping appears to be free (or rather, calculated into the price) in Austria.

GasPanic!

Oct 28, 2017
I am only really excited the new controllers. But the Oculus Rift S upgrade looks more appealing to me as I wouldn't have to setup cameras or base stations anymore. But I will probably go with the Quest anyway.

Also I would even have to upgrade my GTX 1080 to really unleash the full capabilities of the Index. That on top of 1000 bucks for the complete set isn't really worth it for me so far. Inside out tracking and wireless/stand alone headsets are probably the future of VR anyway, at least for the mass market.

Urishizu

Dead Drop Studios Founder
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Just grabbed the controllers and two base stations, but I'm sticking with my HTC Vive Pro (with wireless) for now. I just can't go back to wires, but I definitely want all the benefits of the new accessories. Super hyped for June!

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Not at that price.

Would love to get one but it's not enough of a jump for me to justify that price. Would rather get a Rift S.

Deleted member 13148

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not going to pre-order, but there's a decent chance I'll pick it up at some point. Might end up buying the controllers first. I'll probably want to upgrade my PC before upgrading my HMD, since my 970 probably won't be enough to take advantage of it.

CaptainDreads

Nov 7, 2017
No way am I going to pre-order but if it reviews really well and I'm feeling financially confident shortly after launch I'll definitely consider picking it up then

Deleted member 46922

Banned
Aug 21, 2018
I was going to do it, but I changed my mind and I'm going to buy the HD Reverb this week.
I was going back and forth between the Pimax 5000+ and the upcoming index, and now I'm buying a business first headset for gaming, but I think i fits me the best. :o

VirtuaModel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I bought the controllers, because they introduce new ways you can play games. I'm not getting a new headset until they are a significant improvement over my wireless Vive.