• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How many?

• Like, pretty much none. What?!

Votes: 66 24.9%
  • Probably around half 🤷‍♀️

Votes: 87 32.8%
  • Almost all of them, I'm an Ancient Gamer™

Votes: 84 31.7%
  • Every single one, probably even a few no one else but my uncle at Nintendo knows about

Votes: 28 10.6%

• Total voters

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I only knew about the second one in the video. The one in the little cave in the side of the mountain.
I've never really played that much of this game, lol. It's neat seeing these.

Oh wait, I knew about the one in Cool Cool Mountain too.

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Just saw this video and kind of expected there might be some I didn't know about, and yeah, pretty sure a few of these are pretty obscure. Like why would you ever need the Snowman's Land one? You know, thinking about it, are modern Mario games missing really deep secrets like this? Teleports, secret exits, warps to the final world? There's the kind of obligatory warp pipes in a few modern Mario games, but they feel extremely token nowadays. I guess they'd be totally blown out in online videos immediately but some of these are pretty tough to find. Anything mysterious I'm not thinking of?

Playing SM64 for the first time, I somehow knew about the bob-omb warp (probably saw it as a kid) and discovered the cool cool mountain warp just trying to look around while on that bridge.

Also, I can't stand how annoying this video is when he says "if you want to warp back, [stand exactly where you warped in]" after EVERY WARP POINT. it's like, dude, no shit.

OzBoz

May 29, 2019
I think I looked these up before. Not that I remember them all when playing SM64.

ZiZ

Oct 27, 2017
I think I knew all of them, I didn't have internet back then, I just played the hell out of that game and found them by chance I guess.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
I remember the snow and desert levels since they allowed duped hats and the chugging framerate that caused. Most of the others as well. There was 2 or 3 I didn't immediately remember after seeing the video.

Last edited: