• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How many of the original World Warriors do you like?

• 1-2

Votes: 18 3.6%
  • 3-4

Votes: 48 9.6%
  • 5-6

Votes: 55 11.0%
  • 7-8

Votes: 71 14.2%
  • 9-10

Votes: 71 14.2%
  • 11-12

Votes: 236 47.3%

• Total voters

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
They're all iconic IMO. As a Honda main, the fact that Capcom waited so long to eventually put him in SF5 is the main reason I never bothered to get into that game. If you're gonna make a new main line SF game you gotta put the original cast in there cause it's what us oldheads gravitate towards

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
I enjoy all of them, but wouldn't mind a few getting retired for future Street Fighter games. It was fine for SF4, but we don't need to do that again.

Xero grimlock

Dec 1, 2017
I like about 4 or 5 of them, Dhalsim, Zangief, Chun-Li, Vega/Balrog are characters I've played for decades but obviously I expect a few more to be lock-ins, there's no SF without Ryu/Ken and then obv. we're getting Guile, Blanka, Bison/Vega, Sagat, by which point might as well just add all 12.

If we're talking about rosters, I don't really look for any specific character to be included, only to have a good variety of playstyles and character types. So I'm all for bringing back unique and interesting characters, but similarly if Zangief isn't in SF6 but Haggar is and there's an affinity with their playstyles (not just a palette swap) then I'm good, in fact I think I prefer it, let's have more characters, rather than just the same ones over and over. Ken's got a kid? Cool, kick Ken off the roster and stick the kid in and evolve the moveset, things like that.
This is where I stand. Z Angie's is my main, but if he was gone and someone else took some similar moves mixed with some new ones I would be fine.

akilshohen

Dec 8, 2017
I don't really care too much for Dhalsim but he's still iconic.
Sagat is in the Piccolo tier of non black characters that are actually black, so that's that.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
I like all of them, but I prefer the cast of SF3. I also hate playing against Sagat.

TheWildCard

Jun 6, 2020
Depends on the roster size, but the mandatory trio of Ryu, Ken, Chun are all I need. Rest and whatever, though I don't want Balrog or Dictator back.

Oct 27, 2017
I think they're all pretty great. I don't play fighting games, but they're distinct and memorable, and they're iconic for just that reason.

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Its about half that I would pick up and play back then. Never had any interest in Ken, Sagat, Vega, Gief, Bison. Ryu and ChunLi were my go-tos.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I legit like all of them.

Only babies dislike any of the World Warriors.

Also, liking all the "cool" or "badass" chars but disliking the more offbeat ones is extra lame.
200.gif

transience

Found the ultimate water hazard
Oct 27, 2017
The GOAT roster. I could lose Vega, but the rest are must haves in any SF.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Hello it's me I'm the Honda liker

Honda is good and idk why no one cares for him

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Ryu
Chun
Blanka
Honda
Vega

Then the rest are whatever to me, with Guile getting a dishonourable mention as dead last.

Apr 24, 2018
Ryu/Chun-Li/Blanka/Ken I like considerably more than the rest and were the 4 I typically played as (mainly the first two). I played so many hours playing SF2 and its variants that I don't think I could say that I hate any of the characters.

Nov 27, 2017
I like them all.

But the first one I would get rid of if I had to is Honda. From the responses in this thread, I guess I'm not alone.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Only Chun. If we extend to the full SF2 cast then Fei Long and Cammy too. The rest I'm fine with never seeing again.

Jane

Oct 17, 2018
I was going to say 1, Cammy, until I remembered she wasn't in the initial lineup. Uh... I guess Ken is cool. I like his fire shtick. I really don't like Street Fighter.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
I like them all. This game and its various iterations were such a big part of my childhood, it holds a special place in my heart.

OP
OP
Maligna

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Judging by the poll response, I guess Capcom really does have to keep putting most of them in every subsequent game.

This depresses me. Haha.

Sesha

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Judging by the poll response, I guess Capcom really does have to keep putting most of them in every subsequent game.

This depresses me. Haha.

I mean, I like all of them, and like I said in my post, actively disliking some of the most iconic characters of all time is just silly. But that said, I wouldn't give a toss if none of them showed up in any game for like the next 15 years.

Liking them =/= needing them to be in everything. And I think the completionist attitude people have for nostalgic reasons is equally silly, as most people never use more than 4 of them at best (usually Ryu, Ken or Chun-Li) in any given game

If you wanted to figure out how necessary people think the 12 WWs are, you should've made a thread about that.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This depresses me. Haha.

I mean, I'm sure you can expect the original 8-12 to get in there eventually but 12 characters added over the span of 5-7 years isn't bad at all. Do I want them all in every game? Absolutely not, and I hope 6 gives some of them a much needed break, but the biggest issue has always been how frequently they include them. SF5 had half of its base roster made up of SF2 characters which is just far too much, so I think narrowing that number down to something like four would probably work better for everyone.

People will always feel entitled to the characters they like and/or expect, but fighting game rosters usually always strive to be pretty unique and distinct from previous entries, so I don't know why people get so outraged when their character misses a game for once. If someone feels like they deserve their character to get in just because they feel like 'its wrong' to have it any other way, then that's their problem.

Oct 25, 2017
The OG Street Fighter 2 cast was honestly perfect cast for a fighting game debut. When it comes to the OG cast returning in future games though, I care about Dhalsim, E Honda, and Zangief the least.

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Nov 22, 2017
The original designs are great. All of them have unique color pallets. Some of the designs took a hit over the years as the games have gotten more goofy after ssf2t.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li, Sagat..the rest of the OG cast does nothing for me anymore. That said Im also not mad at their inclusion in recent games, people seem to really want them all to keep coming back so whatever.