• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How many of Resetera's Top 10 Games of 2020 have you played?

Votes: 257 8.6%

Votes: 406 13.6%
  • 2-3

Votes: 721 24.2%
  • 4-5

Votes: 616 20.7%
  • 6-7

Votes: 529 17.8%
  • 8-9

Votes: 363 12.2%

Votes: 84 2.8%

• Total voters

Bejan

May 31, 2020
0 so far but I just bought a ps5 from best buy that I'll be picking up this Thursday and the first two games I'm playing on it will be Astro's playroom and Demon's Souls. I'll probably pick up FF7R Intergrade eventually but not on release because it releases same day as guilty gear strive.

I would play Hades if it ever comes to ps5 and I didn't know about 13 sentinels until now but it looks cool I might try it.

Last edited:

jstevenson

Developer at Insomniac Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Burbank CA
Only missing 13 Sentinels and I have it downloded but 3 week old baby and finally playing Souls games…

beat 8 of the 10, still need to finish Will of the Wisps which took me longer than it should've cause I missed the healing power and then I decided to wait for Series X. I'm like 85% done

but I helped make one of them so I guess that counts more?

saiko

Nov 4, 2017
I've played 6 of them. Basically if you own a switch and a PS, you're going to be eating good.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
I played Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Animal Crossing, Ori, Ghost of Tsushima, and Miles Morales. Enjoyed all five, too, so good going, ERA! :D

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Only two, both of which were coincidentally in the same places I ranked them in my own list (FFVIIR and 13 Sentinels).

Yippiekai

The Fallen
May 28, 2018
Toulouse, France
I've played and finished all of them, with the exception of Animal Crossing.
I've played enough AC over the years to know that I won't be playing it more than a couple of weeks and it's not the game for that kind of thing.

aceldama

Jun 8, 2019
I've played the OG Demon's Souls and the first 30 minutes of Ori.

The rest of Ori + 4 more of those games (TLOU2, Astro, Hades, 13 Sentinels) are on my 'to play' list.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Everything but Hades (haven't gone for it, too nervous to spend $25 on something I don't know if I'll like) and 13 Sentinels (not my thing.)

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Only 1 for any amount of time. Ori was definitely my Game of the Year though, and I do have a few of the others (FF7R, Hades and 13 Sentinels) ready to go.

Can't imagine any of the list beating Ori regardless, mind.

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
I played four of them, and of those two (Hades and Animal Crossing) were on my personal top ten list.

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Completed TLOU2, FFVIIR, GoT, 13 Sentinels, Miles Morales and Astro's Playroom. Loved all of them!

Tried Ori and Demon's Souls but couldn't get into either game. Haven't tried Hades (not sure about rogue-lite) and Animal Crossing isn't for me.

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
played / finished 6 of them. Haven't played Hades. Demon's Souls surprised me at how fun it was. I preferred Sekiro though.

Oct 26, 2017
Played all 7 of the games that are on Playstation, finished most of them too. Beat all the PS games except 13 Sentinals, and Platinumed all but 13 Sentinals and FF7R.

It was a veryyy good year for me.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
3, Ghost of Tsushima, Animal Crossing, and 13 Sentinels.

2020 was a bad year for me and playing new games lol.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
6. I have Aegis Rim, but haven't gotten to it yet. Then Demon's Souls, Spider-Man, and Astro are all things I plan to play when I get around to getting a PS5.

Magic

Oct 29, 2017
I've played the Top 4 games, finishing 3 of them and dropping Final Fantasy VII Remake which I will revisit someday.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
All of them except for Last of Us 2 (no interest in such a violent game) and Ori 2 (didn't like the first one).

I wish I didn't play Animal Crossing though, it's such a chore.

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
Huh, I only just noticed due to this thread that my top 10 games of 2020 match 9/10 on this list. The only one I haven't played is 13 Sentinels, I've finished the rest and love them all. My other top 10 entry was F1 2020.

FinalArcadia

Nov 4, 2020
USA
Only 2: Final Fantasy VII Remake and Animal Crossing: New Horizons. I do plan to play TLOU2 at some point though because I liked the first one, and I'll probably pick up the physical release of Hades. I also have 13 Sentinels purchased on PS Store, just haven't gotten around to playing it yet.

Kinketsu

Nov 17, 2017
Just Ghost of Tsushima, which is my GOTY, and Final Fantasy Remake because it is one of he PS plus games his month. I loved the first Spider-Man game but I am holding off on MM until I can find a PS5, so no Astro either. I played original Demon's Souls back in the PS3 era so I am not super excited to try it again. Last of Us I know from the first game is not for me.

It hasnt been a big year of buying games for me, I think I only got three. Ghost of Tsushima I held off on and thought it was going to be no good but turned out to be the best thing I played all year. Avengers and Ryu Ga Gotoku 7 both kind of let me down. I had to delete the game I bought last year (Modern Warfare) because it became so bloated I couldnt keep anything else on my console.

Min

Oct 25, 2017
I've only played 2:
The Last of Us Part II
Animal Crossing

It's not a list for me. I think 3 games really interest me on that list:

Hades
Animal Crossing
13 Sentinels

and even then I haven't taken the time to boot up 13 Sentinels. Oh I also have Ghost of Tsushima that a friend let me borrow in November... I have yet to install it lol.

I'm planning on getting Hades when it hits ~$10; I still need to finish Pyre.

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
Just two. Astro's Playroom and Demons Souls Remake.
Wasn't too impressed with them either.

I also played 2 hours of 13 Sentinels but couldn't get into it. Might try again sometime.

I'll play Hades when it gets out on PS4/PS5, the rest I have zero interest in.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
6/10. That's more than I expected. I guess it helps that almost every new game I played last year is on that list.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Played 6.

Did not play:
Demon's Souls, because I hate Souls games and will not pay €80 for games.
13 Sentinels, not particularly a fan of visual novels but I might try this out.
Ghost of Tsushima, was in a Covid funk, will probably get it for cheap and play on PS5 during a lull this year.
Final Fantasy VIIR, didn't want to play this and then wait another two console generations until I could play part 2, but definitely will get it sometime. Though again not for €80 that they seem to have pegged the PS5 version at.

chris-013

Mar 4, 2018
6 games :

1. The Last of Us Part II
2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
3. Hades
4. Ghost of Tsushima
7. Demon's Souls (PS5)
10. Ori and the Will of the Wisps

Geobros

Dec 31, 2018
None of them, lol!!! I like japanese RPG to be honest. So, non of the list is what I am looking for....

chris-013

Mar 4, 2018
Played 6.

Did not play:
Demon's Souls, because I hate Souls games and will not pay €80 for games.
13 Sentinels, not particularly a fan of visual novels but I might try this out.
Ghost of Tsushima, was in a Covid funk, will probably get it for cheap and play on PS5 during a lull this year.
Final Fantasy VIIR, didn't want to play this and then wait another two console generations until I could play part 2, but definitely will get it sometime. Though again not for €80 that they seem to have pegged the PS5 version at.
You can buy Final Fantasy VIIR PS4 version cheap and upgrade it to PS5 for free but I don't think they will put the PS5 version at €80 anyway.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
6 of them total. Couldnt play Astro's & DeS (dont own a PS5), AC and 13 Sentinels arent really my jam

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Just Spider Man: Miles Morales for me. I have 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim and Ghost of Tsushima but haven't played them yet. Hoping to this year, though.

Cheesy

Oct 30, 2017
I tried Ori on gamepass and just couldn't get into it, Hollow Knight has kinda ruined other Metroidvanias for me. Haven't played any other games on that list though.

rickyson33

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
i've played a bit of Hades

interested in 13 Sentinels and i'll play it if it ever comes to PC but not interested enough in it to buy a Playstation just to play it

don't really have any interest in any of the others