• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How many of Resetera's Top 10 Games of 2020 have you played?

Votes: 257 8.6%

Votes: 406 13.6%
  • 2-3

Votes: 721 24.2%
  • 4-5

Votes: 616 20.7%
  • 6-7

Votes: 529 17.8%
  • 8-9

Votes: 363 12.2%

Votes: 84 2.8%

• Total voters

手加減 TG

Dec 11, 2019

But 2 in the top 20. This is more of a reflection of my lack of free time in 2020 than a comment on modern gaming.

Anddo

Oct 28, 2017
I own 9 of the games in the top 10
I completed 8 of them

I have yet to finish a run in Hades.
I have yet to purchase or play Animal Crossing.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Just 3 - TLoU Part 2, Astro and Ghost but only dabbled with Ghost. Finished the other 2. I have Hades in my backlog and FFVIIRemake from PS Plus and 3 others on a wishlist/keep eye out for sales. Not a fan of platformers really so not interested in Ori and not a Nintendo fan so not interested in Animal Crossing.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
Three: Hades, TLOU2, and 13 Sentinels.

But if I count Yakuza Like a Dragon, which really should be there instead of [insert your favorite Top 10 game here], then four.

Jul 1, 2020
I played 4 of them: TLoU2, FFVIIR, GoT and 13 Sentinels
I'll probably pick up Hades when it launches physically later this month and I won't be playing Spider-Man, Demon's Souls or Astro until I can get a PS5. I have no interest in Animal Crossing or Ori.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
1, Hades

well I played ori for about 20minutes but I don't count that

the only one on the list I'd like to play is Demons Souls Remake

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
All except Ori, but just because I didn't jive with the first game

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Everything but 13 Sentinels. Visual Novel type games are like the only genre I don't play but I may change that. Love the other 9.

HelloItsPulse

Dec 14, 2017
I played all except for The Last of Us Part II. I felt that The Last of Us was a perfect one off that didn't need a sequel, so i'm not really interested in playing Part II.

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
Not AC, not a fan but my mom is so I bought it for her. Got 13 Sentinels just need to play it. Beat the rest outside the Souls remake.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I've only played FF7R, Animal Crossing, and Hades. Haven't beaten FF7R yet because I just started. I also own Last of Us and Ori, so I'll play those this year. I'll also probably buy Ghost of Tsushima, 13 Sentinels, and Spider-Man: Miles on sale this year, but I won't be able to play Astro or Demon's Souls for a year or two as I don't intend to buy a PS5 soon.

I'd be curious to see the rankings from members who have beaten all 10.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
TLoU 2, Spidey, Ghost, Hades and Animal Crossing. I really enjoyed all except AC which was very charming, but not something I enjoyed playing (I was stuck as a player 2 which didn't help mind).
Played the original Demon's Souls and FF7 and will play FF7R soon.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Astro's Playroom was a top 10 game? That's a low bar.

Of that list, AC (it's OK but too many design decisions render the gameplay tedious), Ghosts (boring open world), Demon's Souls (great remake of a weak Souls game), Ori (I couldn't get into it), and Miles (really great refinement of what was also a tedious game).

zoku88

Oct 27, 2017
I mainly played on PC this year and I didn't play the two(?) of those that came on PC. I might check out Hades eventually. And FF7 is something I will definitely buy if it comes to PC. Not really interested in the others.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Astro's Playroom was a top 10 game? That's a low bar.

Of that list, AC (it's OK but too many design decisions render the gameplay tedious), Ghosts (boring open world), Demon's Souls (great remake of a weak Souls game), Ori (I couldn't get into it), and Miles (really great refinement of what was also a tedious game).
You sound pretty down on the list (which is fine). What were your favorite games from last year?

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
TLOU2, Animal Crossing, Ori (on Xbox).

FFVIIR, DS, Astrobot and Spiderman MM are all games I'm planning to buy when I grab a PS5.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Ori, Hades, Ghost, and TLOU2.

Saving FFVIIR for either PS5 or PC, and Demon's Souls for PS5 (since it'll probably be a while for PC)

Neuroxia

Mar 31, 2019
Only Ori, and that was last week.

I do plan to play all of them other than Animal Crossing, but still have a lot on catching up to do on my backlog.
Getting a PS5 is also near impossible, so i'd rather wait on some of the titles than play them on my Pro since i'm not in a hurry anyway.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I've played Ori and the Will of the Wisps and a whole lot of freaking Animal Crossing, so I guess 2.

I tried out Last of Us II, but I wasn't really feeling it at the time so I dropped it after the beginning for another time (actually feel like playing it now, but I don't know where my copy went, lol). I wasn't really feeling Ghost of Tsushima despite being awed by how damn beautiful it was so I haven't play it much either.

I bought Miles Morales on PS4 too, but decided pretty quickly I wanna finish the first game first before I really dive into that one.

I really don't have any interest in the other games.

King Dodongo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
None. If I had a PS I would have Tsushima and 13 Sentinels.
Too much to play rn, but if I had the time I would play Ori.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
I played 4.

Hated one of them and liked/loved the other three. I own one other but haven't played it yet.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
All except Ori, but just because I didn't jive with the first game
I tried Ori 1 twice but couldn't get into it. I tried Will of the Wisps against better judgement and I'm glad I did because it's a much better game. Give it a shot, you might be pleasantly surprised like I was.

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All of them, but I've only done one Hades run and need to actually get going beyond the beginning with 13 Sentinels.

Bookoo

Nov 3, 2017
Beat
The Last of Us Part II - Just got a PS5 so I played through this on Friday/Saturday. Thought it was OK. I was engaged to find out what happened, but started to drag about half way through.

Played for a week or so
Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Never tried Animal Crossing before, but got it because of the hype. Not for me.

Played under 2 hours
Hades - Played an hour or so. Seemed neat, but didn't grab me.
Spider-Man: Miles Morales - Just got a PS5 and only played the openning part. Decided to play TLOU2 first.
Astro's Playroom - Checked out, not sure how much I'll play.
Ori and the Will of the Wisps - Checked out on Game pass, didn't grab me.

ZeldaGalaxy94

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Sweden
I Buy games when they are cheaper, but I would have played 4 of the if I had unlimited money.
Spider-Man, Astro, Tsushima and Ori

Desmond

Oct 25, 2017
Here's the top 10, as listed in the GOTY 2020 results thread:

1. The Last of Us Part II
2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
3. Hades
4. Ghost of Tsushima
5. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
6. 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
7. Demon's Souls (PS5)
8. Spider-Man: Miles Morales
9. Astro's Playroom
10. Ori and the Will of the Wisps

Just Hades and Ori for me so far, since I'm on PC and my GOTY picks didn't make the cut.

You?
All except DS, Ori, FF7 (have it on plus now), and 13 Sentinels.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia

Going to get Ghost and Miles when they're cheaper so will have played 9.

The only one I have no interest in is The Last of Us. Just too grim a setting for me. I tried the first game but bounced off it quickly.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
8 for me, the only ones I'm missing: Hades and Ori.

I plan on playing Ori at some point, but I doubt I'll ever check out Hades as I'm not into roguelikes. I can appreciate what it is, though, but I just don't think it's for me.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
Woah. I've played 8. Not interested in Animal Crossing. Haven't done Astro's Playroom yet. Seems like I keep up...

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
I've only played Hades, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, and 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim. And with Hades, I didn't play enough of it to put it on my list. AC:NH and 13 Sentinels did make the cut though.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
10. I haven't beaten 13 Sentinels or Hades, but I did play them a bit. Put plenty of time into all the others.