• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How many games have you completed from your backlog?

• None

Votes: 189 39.0%
  • 1-5

Votes: 242 50.0%
  • 6-10

Votes: 40 8.3%
  • 10-15

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • 15+

Votes: 2 0.4%

• Total voters

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
This can be games off your backlog too that were in process, but you finally had a chance to complete them.

I've been able to knock off 11 games off that backlog list thus far, certainly the fastest I've been able to work through it in awhile for obvious reasons.

How about everyone else?

Kamiyouni

Oct 30, 2017
I still work so...0. I try to get in time for my wfh job but these cases be coming in like crazy

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Crash 2 (platinumed)
Crash 3 (platinumed)
Rayman Legends
Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled
Animal Crossing New Horizons
Final Fantasy VII Remake (platinumed)

Productive so far. Want to keep playing Final Fantasy games, I've done 1-3 so might start back with 4 and keep moving forward.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
From my backlog, and not ones that I just bought recently? I've finished FFXIV up to Heavensward. Other than that, I beat Nioh 2 and DOOM Eternal.

Antipode

Jul 25, 2019
Wrapped up the end of Skyrim at last. Then:
Bioshock 2 Minerva's Den
Katamari Damacy REROLL
A Story About My Uncle

And now nearly done with Hollow Knight and Runner3! Following those will be Undertale, and then I might finally sink into Shadow of Mordor.

PhantomArtifice

Lead Administrator at Final Weapon
Verified
Apr 24, 2019
USA
I've cleared 5 from my backlog, as well as beating DOOM Eternal and Final Fantasy VII Remake. I'm not sure if I will be getting back to my backlog anytime soon though, as all I want to play right now is FF7R lol

plastic love

â–² Legend â–²
Sep 19, 2019
None, I read somewhere (probably era) the idea that "mandatory free time is not relaxed" and I've felt that with every game and TV show I've attempted to watch. I can't will myself to play/enjoy content when I'm trying to keep the day busy with filler.

Zutter

Oct 19, 2018
Digimon Cyber Sleuth Hackers Memory, Uncharted 4 and I've managed to platinum Tales of Vesperia.

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
So far, four: Borderlands 2, Assassin's Creed III, Ori and the Blind Forest, and Superhot.
Working on Doom 2016 and Ocarina of Time right now, and then I'll be moving onto Resident Evil 3.
I'm still in online classes though with final projects and exams so it's not as though I have a lot of free time unfortunately.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
None. Sekiro has a pretty steep learning curve. Hopefully once I get past that, I could blow through some games more quickly.

Rellodex

Oct 29, 2017
I had plans for the lockdown and made good on none of them.

Most were hobby and video game related, but still.

I've just been watching Bob's Burgers in reverse order and playing Animal Crossing. But I guess there's certain merit to that.

I've discovered I have a taste for brass monkeys as well, so that's something.

Kris1977

Nov 25, 2017
Since lockdown I've completed Terminator Resistance (platinum) PS4, and am half way through both Shenmue and FarCry 3 classic (both PS4 also). So not too impressive!

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
One. Beat FF7, playing FF12, and this shit is way too long. I'm going to rip through some games that aren't RPGs when I'm done with this.

zim_ek

Feb 18, 2019
Six so far: RE7, RE Revelations, NieR Automata, DOOM (1993), Katamari Damacy, and the DK DLC for Mario + Rabbids (which is kinda like a separate game?)

I don't know why but for some reason I kept choosing shorter games from my backlog. Really enjoyed those short experiences, but now I think it's time for something bigger (maaaaybe FF7 Remake/RE3/P5R.)

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
None.

FFVIIR will probably be the only one. I'm mostly playing Yugioh and Slay the Spire but I'm not trying to complete them, just like playing a few matches and done.

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
None

If anything, I've been using this time to play more "endless" games. Most of my play time since all this started has been split between ACNH, Modern Warfare, and FFXIV.

NinjaBoiX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Honestly, lockdown has reignited my love for gaming, I've never done so much for ages!

Resident Evil 2 - incredible, what a game 9/10
Firewatch - meh, was blown away by the first half, the second half was dull, couldn't wait for the credits by the end, 6/10
Doom 2016 - so satisfying to play and a technical masterpiece but got a little bored by the end, 8/10

I'm also playing COD Warzone, GTA5, Spider-Man and Bloodborne (again).

KingPat

Apr 29, 2019
California
Zero. I haven't been able to game that much during all this and most of the time if I play a game it's something quick like Tetris 99 or Mario kart 8 on switch. But I have replayed halo reach and combat evolved on legendary on pc. Started p5 Royale. Was thinking about starting up star wars fallen order. And I'm bout to beat dragon quest(1) on switch.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Completed and platinumed Spider-Man + DLC
Completed Devil May Cry 5
Completed Shovel knight King of Cards
Completed DragonBall FighterZ Story mode

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
1. Grim Dawn.

I dont play any faster just because of the lockdown. I do hope it delays everything though so I can atleast somewhat catch up to my backlog.

jamoku

Dec 8, 2019
1-5: Super Metroid, dead space, half life 2, Ico

Edit: it seems some are including ff7r and half life: Alyx so if that's the case then I'd be in the 6-10 group as I have completed those 2 games as well.

Last edited:

EllipsisBreak

One Winged Slayer
Aug 6, 2019
Six of them so far.

Beat Saber (It has a campaign, it counts)
Mega Man Star Force
Half-Life: Alyx
One Step From Eden
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy XIII-2

It would be more like 10 if I wasn't playing a bunch of RPGs, but what better time could there be to actually finish the Final Fantasy series?

Mekanos

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 17, 2018
I've been mostly playing new games (Animal Crossing and Final Fantasy) while replaying old games...

...so, 0?

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
I'm still working full time + usually 20ish hours overtime due to working in healthcare so just the one that I was already mostly done with. Control.

Rahvar

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Most Lost
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
0 from the backlog. I still work full-time. I have finished RE3 and working on FF7 atm. Doubt I will be done with it soon since I work 6 days next week.

Th0rnhead

Oct 27, 2017
-God of War (though I had started it just prior to the lockdowns)
-inFAMOUS: First Light
-Shadow of the Colossus
-Spiderman (got the platinum, waiting to do DLC)
-Life is Strange 2
-Black Mesa
-A Short Hike
-Final Fantasy VII: Remake (not really something from my backlog, but I prevented it from going there!)

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Once Animal Crossing launched, I've barely touched other games. I only started to transition to others (Picross) just a couple of days ago.

robjoh

Oct 31, 2017
I am working from home, so don't have much more gaming time. If anything I have less as I have a four months old baby at home.

Instead of fixing my backlog I game on the 2DS I bought used some months ago. I have never own a Gameboy so VC alone will keep me busy for years to come. For the moment playing Donkey Kong.