• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How many?

• 1-3

Votes: 19 7.9%
  • 4-6

Votes: 15 6.2%
  • 6-9

Votes: 23 9.5%
  • 10+

Votes: 31 12.8%
  • 20+

Votes: 128 52.9%
  • I'm a mess don't look at my desktop

Votes: 26 10.7%

• Total voters

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I used to be really bad at installing games as a reminder to play them eventually, and I like to keep desktop icons of the games that I have installed so I remember what's there. On my last computer I would often have 20+ icons sitting there, and it would be so overwhelming that they just became white noise and I might as well not have had them installed at all, but when I'd go to uninstall a bunch of things I would hesitate and be like "well, I *am* going to want to play that soon"

I upgraded my PC recently so I am trying to keep a tighter reign on this kind of stuff, and only want to have a maximum of five games installed at any given time.

Do you have limits on what you keep installed? Or do you just fill up hard-drives until you can't store anymore? I really wonder how people manage their PC's (and consoles too) considering it's something I think about on an almost daily basis

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
having a game installed don't mean it's on my desktop

I've got a fuck load

Deleted member 54320

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 28, 2019
London
I've got about fifty installed on my PC and around 60 for my Nintendo Switch.

For my other consoles, I have four or five installed usually.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Usually the only ones I frequently play and when my disk is full I uninstall a couple.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
i've got over 100 installed right now probably 500+ installed across all my systems
i'm going to buy drives here soon so i can install my entire steam library just because i can
and i've got a few
eWizXgt.png

Deleted member 10726

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ResetERA
I basically install games as I need them and then don't uninstall them because "maybe I'll go back to playing them some more" (spoilers: I don't)

At some point even all those TBs hit their limit and that's when I'm forced to uninstall some stuff. Before that tho, I just have a lot of games waste harddrive space since I can't be assed with trying to figure out which games I am truly done with.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
About 55 on my 1x. I really only play 3 or so games right now. Looks cool when I look at my collection though. I added two terabytes.

Dussck

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
I'm constantly cleaning up on played games on PS4, but some games I just can't delete, even when I haven't played them for over a year (hello Bloodborne).

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I honestly can't tell if I envy you or if this is like a personal nightmare

Meh, I keep it organized and none have desktop shortcuts... it works. Its mostly a tactic to keep me from buying new games, as I'll look at something, then glance at my installed section and find something similar or something that I want to play.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Depends, gamepass games are not all 60 gig monsters. I basically fill her up
If something can't download I'll delete a big game
I don't have data caps so it's whatever

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing should go on the desktop itself. 0 icons.

Usually have 8-10 games installed. I frequently uninstall the ones I'm not using.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
It's about 90 on PC and maybe 20 on console, after I sorted games out I would never finish. I think I used to have about 180 games installed on PC.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have over 400 games currently installed on my Xbox One. On PC, where I don't play all that much nowadays, I have dozens. Until I have no issues with space or performance I tend to keep the stuff that I kinda mean to come back to, and only cancel when I'm pretty sure I won't.

Segafreak

Oct 27, 2017
I just keep adding games until HDD is full then I buy a new one.

lmao @ thinking and stressing about having to keep a few games and checking you don't exceed it at all times.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
On my PC, I just keep the games I intend to play/guilt myself into playing soon. So I have around 5-10 games installed at a time.

On my consoles, I keep as much stuff installed as possible because download times are way worse there.

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I have everything installed if I can, but I set it so that I don't have any desktop icons for games that are installed.

Jun 2, 2019
43 on Steam
6 on Gamepass PC
2 on gog galaxy
Around 7 on Switch

I install games that I'm going to play and complete eventually or games that I enjoy playing online. I should cut down the number or installations in PC though.

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
Wow. Seems I'm one of the rare birds who keeps only the games I am playing installed, which is either 1 or 2, rarely 3. Tops I'll have installed the game(s) I plan to play next.

I've never had a lot of space, so that's just how I ended up rolling now.

DPB

Nov 1, 2017
I have about 25 installed at the moment, that's all the games I'm playing now or haven't got round to yet. I don't use desktop icons to launch games anymore, I use Steam and GOG Galaxy.

I did used to keep all my games installed at once, but once I got an SSD I decided using hard drives wasn't worth the trade-off for space.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
I used to have every single game of my Steam/Gog/Origin/Uplay/Bnet libraries installed

I gave up due to space constraints

Now I only have a few Steam games, a few GoG games and all my bnet games installed

NeoKnight

Oct 28, 2017
On PC, I have about 30 games currently installed.

On PS4, probably around 50 installed.

On Xbox One X, I have about 80 right now.

On Switch, I have probably 40+ easy.

On mobile, I have 2 (Pokemon Go & Fire Emblem).

My backlog just keeps increasing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
I have 5TB total of storage space for my PS4 (internal+external) so I rarely uninstall, just keep games I'm not playing in genre specific folders.

As for the amount of games I'm not sure, a lot, I have filled like 2.5TB in total so far.

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I honestly have no idea but it's definitely way over 20 on PC. My Switch is just now filling up, I'll probably delete rather than upgrade, I already have a beefy card in there. Also a 4tb expansion drive on the ps4 almost full.

But I might want to play 'X' next week!

ALL OF THEM!!!!111
I have a 1 TB HDD, how else am I ever going to get it filled?
Back in the day, uninstalling a game after beating it was part of the fun, but nowadays I like to keep them around. Only crap that I'll really not touch again is thrown out.
My internet connection isn't super fast, so I prefer to keep my GoG games and their exe as well, so that I don't have to download them again.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
I bought a 3TB external HDD earlier this year, so I have every single game I own on PS4, digital and physical, installed because why not.

After years of suffering with 500GB and having to delete and redownload stuff all the time, and struggling to decide what would go and what would stay, I just needed to stretch my legs.

Oct 25, 2017
Until I run out of space, and because I'm too lazy to tidy up my drives often, I've got a lot of storage:

PC, 3 TB SSD (2x 500 + 2TB)
PS4, 2 TB HDD
XB1X, 1 TB HDD
Switch, 400 GB microSD

On PC I've got probably about 60 games installed.
On PS4 I don't really know, maybe 30 to 40.
My Xbox is constantly full, 1 TB isn't enough for these huge ass Xbox games, but since I've got my PC I'm rarely using it anymore.
It's my 360 and Red Dead machine now.
And think I've got all Switch games installed on my Switch, which are about 60.

But I don't have game icons on my desktop, they are stored aways in their respective launcher :)

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Because i used to have small hard drives in my old PCs i got used to only install a game if i was gonna play it, so usually just 1-3 games at a time in my PC.

On my console i have more (around 10), but i check the remaining HDD space, once i have less than 100GB available i delete a game or 2 that i already finsihed to make room for new ones.

GhostBanana

Mar 18, 2019
Hamburg
I have a lot on PC and it was getting really out of hand with all of the launchers and icons. I would sit down to play something and be so overwhelmed. So I came up with a solution that has been working. I made a games folder and inside it sit folders labeled by game type (FPS, Adventure, Multiplayer, Strategy/Managment, etc.) There's also a folder labeled 000Launchers and one called Bite-size where the icons for the smaller games I might forget go.

It has been working great so far. I'm okay with playing multiple games at once but more than three starts to feel a little crazy. This helps me stay more organized. (This is all split between three hard drives so it isn't perfect but I usually don't have to think about where a game is installed.)