• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Geezer

Jan 29, 2018
I've already bought Hitman 3.

I will add Resident Evil VIII and Elden Ring to that provided the latter releases this year. I don't believe for one second that God of War Ragnarok will release this year but it if does, maybe that too.

I have a massive backlog that I am enjoying working on. There are other games coming out this year that I am interested in but I will wait for sales.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Probably 5-7. I bought Zelda BOTW which I think counts (was $50). Plan on MLB The show on Xbox (it's been nearly 14 years since I have played a baseball video game), RE8 on XsX, R&C on PS5, maybe outriders, probably a Ubi game, and the new destiny expansion. Also, probably one more Sony first party game. And maybe Pokémon in a week

Gaiaknight

Oct 25, 2017
Persona 5 Skrikers
Bravel default 2
New Pokemon Snap
Monster Hunter Rise
Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword HD
Famicon Detective
Mario Golf Super Rush
No More heroes 3
Ninja Gaiden Master Collection

it will be more if and when i can score a ps5

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
I already bought Ys IX and Persona 5 Strikers, so 2 so far. I don't know of any other games on the horizon that I want (well, except for the PC port of Trails of Cold Steel IV, so I guess at least 3).

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
I only have Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury so far.

For the rest of the year, planning on
-Shin Megami Tensei V
-that new Crayon Shin Chan game (if it comes to the US)
-Pokémon D/P remake, only Diamond (fuck Gamefreak for selling two versions instead of just a Platinum remake)
-FFXVI (lol yeah right it ain't coming out this year)

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I'm looking at:
Bravely Default 2
Monster Hunter Rise
Savior of Sapphire Wings
SMTIII: Nocturne
Ys IX
Monster Hunter Stories 2

Hoping for SMTV as my big winter rpg, and a few indies scattered between those longer titles.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
I rarely ever get games full price these days since there always seems to be a coupon or discount for gift cards but close to full price would be...

Super Mario 3D World (just got it)
Skyward Sword
Famicom Detective maybe (need to see how long it is)
Zelda HD games if they come out
And Metroid Trilogy maybe??

I don't remember the last game I got that I paid full price for

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
For Sure Day 1: Disco Elysium Final Cut, Mass Effect LE, Returnal, VIIIage, Deathloop, R&C Rift Apart.

Melmer

Sep 18, 2020
UK
Probably only Hades at near to full price if/when it's released on ps5
Maybe Disco Elysium if I have nothing else to play

I rent pretty much all games that come to retail. And pick up indie games in sales

edit: forgot about Hollow Knight Silksong

retail games I'll be renting on release day?
God of war
Guilty gear strive
Returnal
Elden ring
You name it? All of them, as there's zero risk, if I don't enjoy them I can send them right back

Last edited:

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
I'll buy Hollow Knight: Silksong day-1 if it comes out this year. Otherwise I don't see anything announced yet that I'd definitely pay full price for. We'll see; it's only February.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
SMTV if it comes out this year, and ME Legendary Edition if reviews are good.

Might bite on Diablo 2 remaster as well.

Everything else I will wait for a sale. My backlog library is pretty damn large.

RulkezX

Oct 27, 2017
I'm fully expecting this to be a year of delays and don't most the games in the OP will got this year.

The only cert on my list so far is the ME remaster. I'll buy whatever AAA exclusive Sony or Microsoft manage to get out

Jun 17, 2018
I honestly don't think it will be too many.

- Kingdoms of Amalur (Switch)
- Skyward Sword
- Battlefield 6
- Mario Golf (maybe)

There may end up being one or two more but I'm going to try and hold back this year. I've still got a few games to finish up from last year.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
Famicom Detective Club
No More Heroes III
Ninja Gaiden Master Collection
Great Ace Attorney Chronicles
NEO: The World Ends With You, maybe
Zelda, if it comes out
Bayonetta 3, if it comes out
Sonic?
And of course Skies of Arcadia and Persona 5 if those finally come to PC. They know we want 'em! Although all these Sega games might not be considered full price considering how Sega and Atlus have handled pricing on late PC releases.

Honestly, this is way more full priced games than what I usually buy in a year.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Resident Evil 8
Bayonetta 3 (keeping hope alive)
Guilty Gear Strive
Ratchet and Clank
Monster Hunter Rise (MAYBE)

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Not a lot. Game pass has really changed the game for me. So a lot of my game purchases are turning to sales they run combined with gift cards gotten through the rewards program. Most of the full games will be nintendo stuff I suppose

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
If no delay

God of War Ragnarok
Horizon Forbidden West
Ratchet
Mass Effect Legendary Edition
Gotham Knights

Nintendo games I buy them used and the other games I'm interested in, either used or after price cuts
Otherwise GamePass

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
Mario Golf, Mass Effect, and Diablo 2 are day one for me.

I also want Horizon and GoW, but I'm going to wait if they end up being $70, since Sony games devalue very quickly.

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)
If there are no delays:
God of War Ragnarok
Horizon Forbidden Woods
Ratchet and Clanck: Rift Apart
Resident Evil 8
Deathloop
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Mass Effect: Legendary edition

There are more games I'm interested in, but I don't know if they're 2021. Games like Botw 2, Hollow Knight Silksong and Elden Ring.

gebler

Oct 27, 2017
None planned, but then I don't usually plan game purchases that far in advance — want to read reviews and such before I buy. Also, I'm not sure when I'll jump into the next generation, something which will make newer games more tempting. But for all I know, 2021 could be the year when I focus on my PC/PS3/360/PSP backlog instead, which would kinda make sense as a way to prepare for next-gen.

Rayder

Jun 15, 2018
Cleveland, Ohio
Honestly, ANY game that looks good to me will be bought. I buy WAY too many games. I'm 100% digital on PS4 and my library currently says.....not even kidding.....968 games.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Already bought Super Mario 3d World. I'm buying Monster Hunter Rise. Diablo 2 I'm getting for sure. Skyward Sword I'm undecided about. Pokemon Diamond remake if that actually comes out. Battlefield 6 has a big chance of me buying it. Uhhhh. With Gamepass there's stuff coming that I'd buy, but now I don't have to. Very excited for Halo Infinited and hopefully a new Forza! There's probably an unnounced Nintendo game I'll also buy in the second half. Hope it's Metroid.

If I had a PS5 I'd get Horizon and God of War. But with some of the issues the PS5 has been having, and the launch prices, I'll wait till atleast next year.

ravnelis

Prophet of Regret
Jan 1, 2018
One or two, probably. 80 EUR for a game is a lot and Ill probably keep playing my backlog / Gamepass games for most of the year.

I plan to buy Mass Effect: Legendary Edition and maybe Diablo 2 Remaster or Judgment.

Not interested in anything else this year. Mostly because I don't think Horizon or God of War are 2021 games and Halo will be on Gamepass day 1.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Diablo 2 Resurrected and likely most things Sony put out (despite the bullshit PS5 prices). I might get tempted by Disgaea 6 on Switch, but I've bought them all on PS since the first game so it'd depend how hard the FOMO is to see if I can get past the odd one out on the shelf.

Tiny Hawk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So far, I've been eyeing
Hitman 3
Persona 5 Strikers
Mass Effect: Legendary Edition
Deathloop
Mario Golf
No More Heroes III

Already bought Persona 5 Strikers and probably gonna get Hitman 3 after I beat P5S since the H2 levels are available now. The only thing that's gonna change my plans is if I can get my hands on the PlayStation 5 or new Sonic drops. I'm a sucker for that blue prick.

Jun 20, 2018
No plans. I don't really do that. The last 2 full priced games I bought were Red Dead 2 and GTA V. I'd have probably done it for whatever the next Forza is, but... Game Pass.

Jul 26, 2019
The Netherlands
For now:
- Ratchet
- Horizon 2
- God of War Ragnarok

Maybe Super Mario 3d World later in the year (probably still full price, but maybe with a small drop in price, if we're lucky? Lol).

Furthermore, I will still enjoy my game pass and ps+ and Now subs.

I think I'm more than good for the year! (So many games, so little time!)

Sep 29, 2020
Can't think of a single game with a announced release date for this year that I want except for the Diablo 2 remake (and Mario 3D World but that is already bought).

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
Possibly none. Hollow Knight Silksong and Elden Ring are candidates if they even come out this year. There really isn't much I can't be patient with.

jobrro

The Fallen
Nov 19, 2017
None at the moment.

I have too much I really want to play that I have already bought.

metal

Banned
Nov 26, 2020
I appreciate the optimism that Horizon 2, Ragnarok and GT7 is coming out this year. I hope they do because all three are on my list, but I doubt it.

Mass Effect Trilogy is the only one with a confirmed 2021 release date that I plan on buying. Everything else is either hitting Gamepass or doesn't have a confirmed release date.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Probably only the Mass Effect and Ninja Gaiden collections right now for the cheapest I can get day one.

If they are announced and come out this year, I'll get either Pokemon Diamond or Pearl day one this year as well.

Sony first party games I'm going to wait for pricedrops now, £70 RRP is a joke and whilst you'll be able to get them day one for like £10 less than that probably, it's still too much.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
100% sure

Dying Light 2
Mass Effect Legendary Edition
RE8
Deathloop
Evil West
Shadow Warrior 3
GhostWire Tokyo
Battlefield 6

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Just Nier. Twice.

Huge fan of Persona but the spinoffs were never any good in the story and character dept.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
1-2

Horizon and God of War when both hit this year.

I am still undecided whether to get R&C on day one.

I usally don't buy that many games day one because of my backlog.