• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
12-15 I suppose, but we have a pretty small picture of what's coming. Stuff I'll be buying at full price for sure is: Monster Hunter Rise, Pokemon Snap, the two Famicom Detective Club games, Mario Golf, Skyward Sword HD, Diamond/Pearl Remakes. I'll probably buy Resi8, and I'm sure there'll be a few things on the PS5 & Series X I'll want, but for now there's not much that I'm super stoked about.

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
Battlefield 6 and New World. Thats probably it. Waiting for sale on the other games.

DevilPuncher

"This guy are sick" and Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
Just MonHun at the moment. If anything else interesting gets announced, that may change.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Pokemon D/P, maybe Pokemon Snap and Persona 5 Strikers.

If I can get a PS5, Ratchet and GOW.

Edit: Great Ace Attorney and Famicom Detective Club for sure.

Magog

Banned
Jan 9, 2021
Horizon 2, Gran Turismo 7, God of War Ragnarok, Kena: Bridge of Spirits, Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart

Oct 30, 2017
Which are confirmed for 2021:

NieR Replicant
Returnal
Resident Evil Village
Mass Effect: Legendary Edition
Deathloop
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
Ghostwire Tokyo
Cyberpunk 2077
Horizon II: Forbidden West
GOW Ragnarok ( but I think it will be delayed 2022 100% )
Legend of Mana
Little Nightmares II PS5 version

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Basically only first-party Nintendo Switch games since Nintendo doesn't discount them very deeply, very often. The rest (third-party Switch or XB/PS), I will keep an eye out for sales.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Just a handful probably.

Horizon Forbidden West
Halo Infinite
Ratchet & Clank
God of War
Mass Effect: Legendary Edition
Resident Evil Village

I'll wait for sales or price drops on the rest.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
None. GMG and Fanatical will likely hit me with a 15-20% off if you buy now offer on any game I intend to get at launch, CDKeys is usually always cheap, and someone is going to shove their game out a month before Steam's summer sale where it will inevitably be $10 cheaper, so I'm good.

Unless I score a PS5 at some point, then that'll change things. But I doubt I'm getting a PS5 this year.

fake edit: I forgot about Zelda; Nintendo shit never goes on sale. Maybe Target will have some deals.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
so far 1, Mario +Bowsers Fury.
I don't see any planned game release this year that I'd want to pay full price for so that should be all.

Lindsay

Nov 4, 2017
Any game I want that launches at $50 or less, same as usual. An going by my upcoming games of interest list, theres at least 2 which meet that requirement. So I'll go with 2 for now.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
For the rest of the year probably just Nier, Ratchet, and Horizon. Maybe GT7. If GoW: Ragnarok releases this year then probably that too.

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
Probably 2-3 at most. (Silksong is the only for sure one for me)

With gamepass and the rate at which games get discounted - you almost feel ripped off paying full price at launch.

ephexia

Feb 23, 2018
0. Thanks to PC Gamepass and my neverending backlog of AAA games bought for dirt cheap or free.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Too many real life expenses coming up right now to seriously ocnsider blowing 80-90 CAD on a AAA game.

Hopefully at some point in the year things will stabilize, at which point I'll probably buy a bunch in the 30-50 CAD range, to support retro re-releases or indie devs.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
If I'm able to get a PS5 then Horizon and God of War, even tho I don't think God of War will release.
Ratchet too but the chances of getting a PS5 when Ratchet release is close to 0.
So probably 0 lol
Now that I stopped to think about it probably the first time in the last 15 years this could happen.

AwwBubbles

Oct 27, 2017
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • God of War Ragnarok
  • Horizon Zero Dawn : Forbidden West
  • Elden RingGran
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • Kena: Bridge of Spirits
  • Final Fantasy XVI
  • Mass Effect: Legendary Edition
Probably add anywhere from 2 to 4 more depending on how things turn out.

AMAKAN93

May 5, 2018
I only bought three full priced, non-Nintendo, games this past gen:

Uncharted 4
Ratchet & Clank
The Last of Us Part II

I'll probably buy a handful this year though:
Horizon: FW
Ratchet & Clank
God of War: Ragnarok

eamono

Nov 17, 2020
MH Rise
Ruined King
probably RE8
probably Guilty Gear
total warhammer 3

already bought bowsers fury and hitman 3

Squirt

Oct 28, 2017
Usually one or two a year at full price. The rest can wait for a deep discount. I have too many games to play and not enough time.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I wasn't planning on paying full price for any, but so far I've bought Hitman 3 and Mario 3D World/BF....so there will probably be something else I won't be able to not buy, but I can't think of anything off the top of my head. If there's nothing else I'm interested in in May...I could see a reality where I choose to spend my summer replaying the Mass Effect games in ME Remastered, but also, I just played those games less than a year ago, so we'll see.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
I'm all about Day 1 Purchases still, but paying full-price out of pocket? Nah. Discount Codes, amazon gift cards, etc though? For sure.

Still salty about the GCU ending though, that 20% by default was gangsta and was the best way to get console stuff at a reasonable price.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Day 1:
-Pokemon Snap
-Mass Effect Legendary Collection
-Mario Golf
-Horizon (If it comes out this year)

EVA UNIT 01

Oct 27, 2017
CA
None.
PC games I buy even as a preorder are never full priced.
That's absurd.

Possibly ratchet?
If reviews are solid and it being a PS exclusive

NotSoren

Jul 15, 2020
Evil Genius 2
King of Fighters 15
Guilty Gear Strive
Monster Hunter Rise
Ratchet and Clank (the only ps5 game I see myself paying full price for this year depending on the reviews)
Skyward Sword HD
Horizon FW

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Resident Evil Village
Psychonauts 2
Elden Ring
Ninja Gaiden Master Collection
The Binding of Isaac: Repentance

Those might also be the only new releases I buy this year, assuming they all release. I'll wait and see on how Baldur's Gate 3, Kena, Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit In Wonder Labyrinth, Gestalt & Cinder and a few other games (mostly indies) review before I potentially bite.

kitler53

Oct 15, 2020
all of last gen i only purchased 3 games at full priced.

i'll probably purchase 1 this year along side my upgrade to ps5. it's worth it to me to pay full price along side my shiny new toy to feel that next gen glory. i'm hoping for that title to be ratchet and clank. GoW is probably a day-1 title for me as well but that's probably 2022 at this point. not sure if i'll get anything else full price on ps5,.. nothing else announced is day 1 for me at least. i really don't mind waiting a year to buy games at $20. my backlog already has more games than i could play in 3 years so it's not like i don't have anything to play.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Persona Strikers
FFXIV Endwalker
Horizon Forbidden West
GoW Ragnarok (If it releases)
Back 4 Blood

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Depends what you class as full price. I've gotten RE8 for £43, but I will be getting 0 at £50 or higher

softtack

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
None.

1rKwJmx.jpg

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
Probably Mass Effect Legendary Edition, ME1 is one of my favorite games of all time and I desperately want to replay it again for the millionth time.