• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
I recently realized my new apartment is very close to a lot of fast food. Looking at Google maps, within a mile I have:
Tommy's Burgers
Mcdonald's
Taco Bell
Wendy's
Carl's Jr
Yoshinoya
Pop Eyes
Panda Express
Alfredo's Mexican Food
Starbucks
Zankou Chicken (if that counts)

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
Within a mile I have one fast food with a drive thru (Wendy's), two coffee shops with drive thrus (Starbucks and Human Bean), a quick serve place that does fancy hot dogs, a beer bar (that is cramped and awkward but has a great selection), a pub with good food and a tasty Mediterranean restaurant

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
I live in a fairly small town, so none of the big-name ones, just local stuff. Because it's a small town it's about a 10 minute walk to most. In my head I've counted about 10 take-out places like snackbars, pizza places and such.

Steven

Oct 27, 2017
I live in a city, so:

Chipotle
Qdoba
3 McDonald's
Shake Shack
Five Guys
Subway
Wendy's
Chick Fil A
Popeyes
Starbucks
Dunkin Donuts
Quiznos
Sarku Japan
Papa John's
Dominos

All within a one mile radius. Those are just the big national chains...I'm sure there are some I'm missing. There's a shitton here, and I hardly go to any because we also have a ton of local restaurants that are much better. Of the list above, the only ones I go to are Chick Fil A, Shake Shack, Chipotle, and maybe Wendy's

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, I have a bunch of fast food places but I wouldnt walk a mile for any of them. Fast food is a last resort 3am kinda thing which is rare for me.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
None, my closest take away of any type is around 6 miles away which is a Chinese.

The closest big brand one is about 12 miles away.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Two coffee places, subways, McDonalds drive thru and a Chicken Guys. They are all within walking distance but the food would still be cold my the time you walk back.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
thanks OP for reminding me i need to get Zankou Chicken this weekend. have about as much as the OP with almost all of those except Zankou which i go to east hollywood for.

this video was shot there

Qasiel

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Would you count a chippy as fast food? If so, I've got one about 15 minutes on foot away. If we're talking chains like KFC, Burger King etc. then I've got a McD's 1.5 miles away.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a city, so:

Chipotle
Qdoba
3 McDonald's
Shake Shack
Five Guys
Subway
Wendy's
Chick Fil A
Popeyes
Starbucks
Dunkin Donuts
Quiznos
Sarku Japan
Papa John's
Dominos

All within a one mile radius. Those are just the big national chains...I'm sure there are some I'm missing. There's a shitton here, and I hardly go to any because we also have a ton of local restaurants that are much better. Of the list above, the only ones I go to are Chick Fil A, Shake Shack, Chipotle, and maybe Wendy's
Yeah I have a shit ton of family run chinese, middle eastern, mexican, el salvadorian, etc

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
I can't even count them. Probably over a hundred. Lots of döner kebaps, pizza restaurants and then your typical american fast food franchises.

davidnolan13

Oct 27, 2017
north east uk
Big names 2 but local takeaways probably 30 + in a ten min walk and if you want to walk 15 mins maybe add another 20+ or so onto that. Its gotten so bad the council has banned the set up of more due to the worry its causing obesity.
We had 4 greggs within 150 metres at one point lol

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, not entirely sure where the mile radius ends or what has changed in the outer edges of it but I think I could comftably walk to:
3 fish and chip shops, 2 Chinese, 1 kebab shop, one kebab/burger van, 2 Indian, 2 pizza, 1 Nepalese.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Zero for me, they were supposed to build a bunch of stuff in this whole new plaza across the street that wasn't here when I moved here but I think plans were canceled, maybe by covid. Now there's like one place in use and I think its a doctors office.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
None within 1 mile here and I live in the city of Denver.

Only parks, schools and other houses within a mile.

Kivvi

Jun 25, 2018
Zero for me, but than again my town only has 1 McDonald's and 2 small Kebab places. Restaurants do have a lot of fast food on the menu tho, Wiener schnitzel and fries with tartar sauce or pizza are everywhere.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
One. A locally owned snackbar. It's ok. For rest I can hop on my bike and be in the city centre within 10 minutes

Fleck0

Oct 25, 2017
Going by Yelp in one mile in order of distance:

3 Subway
Jack in the box
Chipotle
In-n-out
KFC
Panda Express
Five guys
2 Taco Bell
El pollo loco
Carl's jr
Chick fil a
2 McDonald's
Habit burger

i left out more regional places like pieology, all those "teens make your own quick custom pizza" places are awful

I haven't been to any of these in awhile, I would do in-n-out but the line has been out into the street since the pandemic began.

it's only Del Taco that I miss but that's not in my county

Last edited:

RingoGaSuki

Apr 22, 2019
0. There's a small takeaway a 20-minute walkaway, but I'd say 1km is about the limit, and there's nothing inside that.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Zero. There's Chinese, Indian and Italian takeouts; plus a chippy the next town over which about a 15 minute drive away, but nothing in my village.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have none.

I do have a Waitrose and a Co-Op that delivers using robots, though.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
Just Jimmy John's and they can't keep their onions out of their lettuce. They suck.

There's a hot dog place a little closer. They suck too, but they make a pretty good $6 milkshake.

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
Within a mile:

Five Guys
Cookout
McDonalds
Chipotle
Zaxbys
Taco Bell
Popeyes
Subway
Dominos
Wendy's
Dunkin Donuts
Starbucks

And at least a few mom and pop Chinese joints

cyport

Nov 8, 2017
Near me in London, not too far from central where I live there is only McDonalds within walking distance. A little bit further and you have a high street with Five Guys, KFC, another McDonalds and Taco Bell.

Transistor

Outer Wilds Ventures Test Pilot
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I live in a suburb, so it really depends on what you call "walking distance". Within a mile, none. However, within about 3 miles I have about 5 or 6

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Within a mile radius?
3 McDonalds
1 Burger King
2 Subways
1 Dunkin Donuts
Other restaurants and take-away shops? Probably more than 100

ascii42

Oct 25, 2017
There are two gas stations and a dollar general about a mile from my house. I live in a neighborhood about 1/2 mile down my road so nothing is going to be particularly close. Most things are available within a 5-10 minute drive though.

Apollo

Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A lot. I could walk to McDs, BK, CFA, Wendy's, Subway, Boston Market, Dunkin, Taco Bell, PDQ and Pollo Tropical. And probably a few more tbh.