• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
i have started to struggle at 100 which sucks

looking at the list i know almost all the others, most of them pretty well, but apparently i couldnt summon their names today

Last edited:

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017

Sorry, people from all the countries in red.

B2gFa8Y.png

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I got 106... Fucking Peru and Finland killed me. I just blanked. I'm so sorry Ludvid Borga. Some of the ones in West Africa I didn't eeven know were countries. Looking at you
Burkina Faso

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
182. Missed:

San Marino
Burundi
Comoros
Gabon
Mauritius
Sierra Leone
Antigua and Barbuda
Grenada
St. Lucia
St. Vincent and the Grenadines
Samoa
Solomon Islands
Tuvalu
Vanuatu

So some islands, a city state, and a few African misses. Not bad.

Also, the quiz both leaves off Palestine and has Crimea in Russia, so yuck.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
110! :) 111 if they had acknowledged the State of Palestine.

I really struggled with Central African countries, Central American countries, Central Asian countries (notice a theme here, lol?) and with the many tiny island nations.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I absolutely hate and suck at geography, but I think I'd still do ok.

Saved for later

Oct 27, 2017
I have a world country map hanging in my room. Great way to subconsciously memorize the names/locations.

After about 130 it becomes really hard to recall those microstates like San Marino.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
129/196. Island nations I'm really sorry. The Stans north of Afghanistan (besides Kazakhstan), I'm sorry too. Africa, I got almost all of the big countries, but missed so many smaller nations. I missed a couple in South America (Bolivia being the most egregious because it didn't even pop into my mind). Missed a bunch of small nations in North America (including easy stuff like Jamaica).

By far my most successful regions were Europe (spelling made me miss out on a few, and I didn't even think about the Vatican lol), and the MENA (I got every single one).

OP
OP
Gaf Zombie

Gaf Zombie

The Fallen
Dec 13, 2017
182. Missed:

San Marino
Burundi
Comoros
Gabon
Mauritius
Sierra Leone
Antigua and Barbuda
Grenada
St. Lucia
St. Vincent and the Grenadines
Samoa
Solomon Islands
Tuvalu
Vanuatu

So some islands, a city state, and a few African misses. Not bad.

Also, the quiz both leaves off Palestine and has Crimea in Russia, so yuck.

I put in Crimea like 3 times like..."did I miss that?". I even tried to spell it with a K because I thought I was going crazy.

i have started to struggle at 100 which sucks

looking at the list i know almost all the others, most of them pretty well, but apparently i couldnt summon their names today

Honestly, I'd consider anything over 60-70 respectable.

Deleted member 14313

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
From UK. 122. All of Europe and most of south America, only the big three + cuba in north america, only like 15 in africa, most of asia, Austraila, few of the islands and apparently I can't spell New Zealand. Tbf I was still remembering more at the end.

Edit: No, New Zealand did go through, just didn't change colour for some reason.
I have a world country map hanging in my room. Great way to subconsciously memorize the names/locations.

After about 130 it becomes really hard to recall those microstates like San Marino.
san marino is easy for me but probably because I live in europe. All the central ameican countries are the ones I forget.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
I put in Crimea like 3 times like..."did I miss that?". I even tried to spell it with a K because I thought I was going crazy.
It was never going to be there as an independent nation though. The issue isn't that it's not independent, it's that it's shown as part of Russia, not Ukraine.

Honestly, I'd consider anything over 60-70 respectable.
Yeah, that seems like a fair benchmark. I'd suggest it should be a bit higher for anyone living in the EU, since they're living within free trade and travel area with most of the rest of Europe and they really should be able to name a few more countries as a result.

Moppeh

Oct 28, 2017
I'm from Canada and got 93. Honestly thought I'd do better. Gotta take the ol' Atlas out for a whirl.

John Caboose

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
I'm Swedish and got 92/196. I recognise more or less all of the names I missed, but I was unable to summon their names from memory for the purposes of the quiz.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
I got 84.

3AEKTnY.jpg

Used no help with spelling or anything like that.

spelled wrong and didn't get credit for: Panama, Belgium, Czech Republic, Morocco, Uruguay.

Yet somehow I spelled Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan right, go figure.

I need to step up my Africa game.

The average results clearly show most people who take the test cheat.

Like others a large chunk of the countries I missed are indeed in my brain, I just couldn't find where I stored that information.

Also I wonder what percentage of people who got credit for Dominica were actually trying to type Dominican Republic:lol

Last edited:

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
i got all of europe, africa and the americas but i struggled with the island states and smaller asian countries.

but i'm doing the sporcle quiz once in a while.

Oct 29, 2017
Florida
I got 160

Monaco
Vatican City
Azerbaijan
Bahrain
Maldives
Cameroon
Cabo Verde
Djibouti
Gabon
Guinea-Bissau
Malawi
Mauritius
Rwanda
São Tomé and Príncipe
Senegal
Seychelles
Sierra Leone
Tanzania
Togo
Antigua and Barbuda
Barbados
Grenada
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Lucia
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Trinidad and Tobago
Micronesia
Kiribata
Marshall Islands
Nauru
Palau
Samoa
Solomon Islands
Tonga
Tuvalu
Vanuatu

(Messed up that Palestine is excluded, IMO)

Deleted member 14313

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure many people cheat. But I'd also wager that many people take the test multiple times and continue to do better until they can name them all bringing up the average.
Also self-selction bias. People who think they know the names of lots of countries are probably significantly more likely to take this quiz than those who don't.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
The average results clearly show most people who take the test cheat.
I think the average is most likely skewed by people repeating the test, either doing it twice in a row to immediately improve their score, or doing it repeatedly over time to improve their ranking and/or their knowledge. Plus the average is pre-skewed by a self-selecting audience, at least some of who are doing it to show off.

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017
Got 141. Blanked on a lot of obvious ones, probably could do a fair bit better with another go.

feline fury

Dec 8, 2017
110/196, barely above average

Africa and Eastern Europe always stumps me. Didn't do that hot in SE Asia either. Time to re-watch Yakko's World on YT lol.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I got the nice low score of 36. Never had much interest in geography but I blanked on a few obvious ones like Argentina, Norway, Chile, etc. I got Gabon though which only 30% of people did so it's not all bad. Learnt some stuff looking at the full list as well like apparently, Monaco is a country? I'm assuming that's different to the Monaco in France.

Nov 27, 2017
143. Like most, Africa and the small island nations were my biggest blind spot. Most popular one I missed was Sudan, but I did get South Sudan, so that was clearly a brain fart.

patriciodcj

Oct 25, 2017
Bäregrabe
I got 185. I didn't remember some of the island in caribbean and oceania. Additionally, it was difficult to guess the right spelling in English, since it isn't my native tongue. Though I am quite happy with the result but I guess I am quite an outlier because I have always loved geography.

Oct 26, 2017
I got 102 but man did I blank hard on too many obvious ones and fudge the spelling on even more, I'm better with limited regional maps.