• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 10, 2018
Out of sony and Xbox games studios how would allocate each studio?

I would do

Sony
ND - AAA
SSM - AAA
Guerrilla - AAA
Insomniac - AAA
Sucker punch - AAA
Japan studios - AA.5
MediaM - AA.5
Polyphony - AAA
Bend - AAA
London studio - AA.5
PIXELOPUS - AA
San Diego - AA.5

Total = 7 AAA, 2 AA, 6 AA.5
(counted Japan studio as 3 because they have 3 studios)

Xbox

Coalition - AAA
Playground team 1 - AAA
Playground team 2 - AAA
The initiative - AAA
343 - AAA
Ninja Theory - AAA
Obsidian - AAA
Compulsion - AA
Undead labs - AA.5
Turn 10 - AAA
Rare AA.5
Inexile - AA
Double fine - AA.5
Mojang - AA

Total = 8 AAA, 4 AA.5, 2 AA

Gaardus

Oct 27, 2017
913.jpg

This many.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
The new unannounced San Diego studio should be working on AAA game, I think.

While the other San Diego still on The Show series.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Fine, here's a serious answer.

There's no right answer.

Is THQNordic's plan to have 50-60 games in development any better/worse than Ubisoft/EA/Acitivision?

A lot of times, game development is structured around the limited notion that the playerbase of a traditional game is limited. Games are a medium where one person can play less than 5 games an entire console generation, and in that perspective, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to invest in >4 AAA games per year, because the audience isn't there for a $60 product more than once per quarter.

Of course there are exceptions to various degrees, and some products afford more loyalty than others.

But there are no solid rules to how many types of games a first-party should make. If there is, it's more on the competitive lense.

Cathcart

Oct 29, 2017
Man I hope resetera can figure this one out or it's gonna be chaos at Sony & MS headquarters.

zoltek

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, now this one is a little too much. I don't care how many A's a game has behind it. I just want good games and I've played great games with one A and great games with 3 A's.

If you are asking how much money, relatively speaking, MS and Sony should put behind their games, the flippant answer is the better they think a game will sell, the more money that game should receive.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
There's no way I'm ever accepting an AA.5 label.

Actually, does anyone even use the Single-A label? All I ever see is AAA, AA, and indie.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Like in a year or in a generation or till the end of time?

I'd say exactly 6803 AAAs, 4320 AAs, and 3581 AA.5s. :)

What is a AA.5 anyway?

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
how much money is in John H. Sony's wallet

that's how many AAA games they can make today

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Weird thread - just release good games, the budget allocated to them isn't the important part.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Like in a year or in a generation or till the end of time?

I'd say exactly 6803 AAAs, 4320 AAs, and 3581 AA.5s. :)

What is a AA.5 anyway?
An AA sized game + Indie sized game I guess? It's a bit silly really, like AAAA.
Most don't even know the difference between AA and AAA at this point either (including OP, given both Obsidian and Ninja Theory haven't made a AAA game in years at this point), so I guess it's all a bit silly at this point. Also with how secretive pubs are with their budgets.

Status
Not open for further replies.