• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I'm lucky enough to have loved and been loved by a handful of awesome women throughout my life. My first relationship lasted about 2 years. My second was a year. My 3rd was 5 years (married 2 of those). Sprinkled in-between those were crushes, one night stands, friends with benefits, and a surprising amount of plain old "dinner & a movie" dating. My wife and I have been together 19 years, married 15 years of them, and still going strong! Impossibly, I love her more every day.

My marriage and personal happiness owe a great debt to the women out there that helped shaped me into the man I am today!

Every woman I have been seriously involved with has turned out to be 100% amazing. They're great mothers, have successful careers, make good money, and went on to marry really good guys.

lesserpanda

Banned
Jun 18, 2020
A year and a half. We just got engaged, however, we're currently stuck in seperate countries waiting for the borders to open so we can get married and apply for residency.

mangopositive

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Together 19 years, married 16. Before each other, neither of us had ever been in a relationship that lasted more than 4 months. I'm lucky as hell that she was just as awkward as I was for the first couple of months. I took her to see Hannibal in the theater on our first date. She confessed afterward that she'd never seen The Silence of the Lambs. She never saw anything, which led to some awkward "No, let's watch it, it's really good" moments that fell flat. For instance, The Wrath of Khan isn't NEARLY as good as you think it is.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Met my wife in '97. We were good friends for a long time and started dating in 2009. Married in 2010.

Shiloh

Oct 25, 2017
Passed 3 years in April. This one feels different/better than my last which was 6 years.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
Coming up on 5 years in October.

Was supposed to be getting married this October but, ya know, world decided to set on fire, so we're getting married in March of next year instead.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
Known eaxh other about 16 years. 14 years together. Married for 11 years.

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
Met her at the end of 2004 and IMMEDIATELY had a crush on her, still took a little over 3 years till we finally got together, because we were both idiots and didn't realize these feelings were mutual. So, 12 years a couple (2 kids), 8th anniversary is coming up next week.

Str0ngStyle

Oct 28, 2017
I've known my wife for 24 years. We've been married for 13 years. Best decision I've ever made even with living with my in-laws after her brain injury.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
Been together almost 6 years in the colloquial sense; been married for a little over a year now. Happy that we're getting along through quarantine a-okay, hopefully that bodes well for the rest of our lives lol

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
30 years!
I was 19 and now I'm 49.
She is older so she would buy my beers when I was younger. šŸ˜„

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
OP, you're still so young and have your entire life ahead of you, so don't stress.

I've been with my partner for almost 9 years, met when I was 24.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
It'll be our 25th wedding anniversary in a couple of years. I'm worried I'm supposed to be saving up for a second honeymoon or something damn expensive :) Overall together 25 years so far with a couple of great kids which may even be older than some of you (one is in University now, one a couple years behind)

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
8 Years and I haven't proposed yet. We have a lot we're working through in therapy.

Nov 7, 2019
I met my wife 2 years ago. We've been married for a year. I'm almost 30 and my personal opinion is that the "waiting for someone better" approach just leaves you single far longer than you need to be.

Find a good compatible spouse whose got imperfections (we all do) that you enjoy spending time with and commit.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
We had our first date on Friday April 13th 2012 and have been in a happy relationship ever since.
Funny fact: My parents wedding day was a Friday 13th as well, so I guess in my family it's a "luck with love" day XD

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Find a good compatible spouse whose got imperfections (we all do) that you enjoy spending time with and commit.

Kind of borderline impossible when you're aspergers + mentally ill among other things. I've kind of just accepted that life was always going to be completely imbalanced for everyone and some of us just have to deal with it. Even finding out I was on medication was apparently enough of a dealbreaker. At mid 30s its set in stone now.