• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

why does this box exist

• Several months

Votes: 87 9.1%
  • A year

Votes: 109 11.5%
  • Several years

Votes: 375 39.4%
  • Over a decade

Votes: 126 13.2%
  • Forever baby!

Votes: 220 23.1%
  • You guys have backlogs?

Votes: 34 3.6%

• Total voters

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Probably a good many months, despite my backlog looking more like a Post-It note compared to many lists I see in this community when those threads pop up. As it is I'm in the middle of The Witcher 3, Gears 5, and Divinity OS.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
The Uncharted series
The Last of Us
Jak 2 and 3
The entire PlatinumGames collection
Devil May Cry 1-3
The Banner Saga 1-3
Final Fantasy V and VI
Dark Souls
Metal Gear Solid 1-4
Mega Max X7-X8
DOOM
TNO
Recore
+ 20 Steam indies

Yeah thats like 2 years of games

hersheyfan

Oct 25, 2017
Manila, Philippines
The RPGs and VNs alone would be impossible to beat within my lifetime, unless I literally did nothing else but play games.

Add the other genres and it's a wrap, thats just not happening.

Oct 28, 2017
I have 554 unplayed games out of 907 in my steam library alone. And out of the remaining 353 games, I have finished to completion only like 30%. So I'm going to say several years at the least.

dreamlongdead

Nov 5, 2017
I have 6 games I haven't played on Switch.

Some of them are pretty huge, but I could easily finish everything in a few months.

If I didn't do so many playthroughs of Three Houses, I would already be done with everything in my library.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
What's a backlog? Lmao.

If you're still having it amidst this shitty virus, you should just accept you're never gonna play some of those games and move the fuck on.

But of course I know that.

Still, it's nice to be able to think "I'm in the mood for some strategy game", open your library and pick one.

Oct 27, 2017
I have Yakuza 3, 4, and 5 waiting. There's still Persona 5 Royal if I need it. Also I never gave DQXI much of a shot, and was interested in Builders 2.

I'm still playing Iceborne as well, so I have many hours of games on the backburner.

Edit: If I found I was truly without games to play I would buy a Switch and the various games I missed there (Fire Emblem, Xenoblade, etc...).

I don't have a "backlog" though. Tim Rogers explained it well, essentially these are games I know I'll play eventually.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
Several decades, easily... at least on paper. In practice, I'd probably end up not liking some games enough to finish them. But still, probably a decade at least.

Gray

Oct 25, 2017
Probably indefinitely. I love going back and replaying old games, and when you add the number of unplayed games I have, plus the genres that require a huge time investment in order to enjoy, such as fighting games or 4X strategies, I will have content to enjoy until I die. Most likely.

Skatterd

Oct 25, 2017
Years easily.
Not even counting somethings on gamepass etc that I could break into if needed

Manzoli

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
If i had all my time free, probably some 2 months...

As it is right now, still going to work, watching and helping watch my daughter (11 months old) and with home work (helping cook, clean, and overall maintenance of the house, since we don't trust other people to do it for us because of the virus), means i get to play some 4-5 hours on the weekends, and, rarely, some 30 minutes during the week at night after get back home.

So, right now, I'd say probably at least the hole year if i were to finish every game i own on Switch (only platform i own right now)

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If we're talking everything I own, digital and physical, it's thousands of games. I will never be out of games to play even if I never buy a new one ever again. I keep buying new ones though....

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017
If you include all the GaaS games, I'm probably set for life. If I stopped them all today and only played through my backlog of "beatable" games from here on out...probably still over a decade, possibly two.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Several year, bur let be honest, only a few dozen or couple dozen games really needed to be played, you can't play all of them so you need to make a choice

OP
OP
Mekanos

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
The Uncharted series
The Last of Us
Jak 2 and 3
The entire PlatinumGames collection
Devil May Cry 1-3
The Banner Saga 1-3
Final Fantasy V and VI
Dark Souls
Metal Gear Solid 1-4
Mega Max X7-X8
DOOM
TNO
Recore
+ 20 Steam indies

Yeah thats like 2 years of games

omg madison you haven't played mgs???

PhantomArtifice

Lead Administrator at Final Weapon
Verified
Apr 24, 2019
USA
At least a year, probably two. I've got quite a few to play through on Steam. Surprisingly, I have literally none on my Switch, as I've actually kept up on there, and on my PS4 I've probably only got 2 or 3 games left?

I've got quite a few lengthy JRPGs left on Steam, so that is what I've been working on as of late.

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
I dont know, you tell me

enw7cTB.jpg
What site is this? And I assume it imports profiles? I want to see how far into the red I am on my current backlog.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I don't really have much of a backlog, so I'd probably play the same fighting games & shooters (also Animal Crossing). Likewise, I'm avoiding buying anything new since I'm saving for a PS5 later this year.

Deleted member 30411

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Try having to reformat your main drive and losing potentially hundreds of hours of saves. I don't know whether I will start some games again even though they were great. Start Dark Souls 1,2,3 over again? For the millionth time. And Shakira: Hips die twice? Somehow they're the easiest to stomach. The Witcher and Kerbal with.... untold amount of hours in. They might be tough.

Though considering I have nothing else to do I have managed to beat more games in a month than I did over last year.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Absolutely backlog only... maybe about 3 years?
491 games, lots of short ones, lots of games I would probably drop. But also a couple of massive ones.
If I include replays of old favs I guess I would need a bit more.
I can easily beat 150 games in a year if I feel like it. Had Animal Crossing not come out I would probably have been at 70 or so for the year now. But since AC came out I have not beaten a single thing so I am stuck at 50 games beaten in 2020. Oops.

What site is this? And I assume it imports profiles? I want to see how far into the red I am on my current backlog.
Backloggery and you have to do everything manually. Yep, one by one!
A huge remake of the site is in the works but I don't know how much it will change in that regard.

Estizzle

Jan 14, 2019
Probably a few months. Over summer I plan to grind out most of it since I won't be busy with classwork. Quite a few JRPGs I'm working through, though...

Taneleer

Dec 20, 2017
PNW
I was debating on several years and a decade. I literally have about 400'ish games across several platforms. I have all expansions to ESO so far, and barely put a dozen hours into it, I think that game alone would give me a year or so.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
How the hell do some of ya'll have 500 unplayed games? Even buying shit on sale, that's a lot of fucking unplayed games.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
SĂŁo Paulo, Brazil
I'm very serious in saying that I probably have enough games to last the rest of my life (and I plan on living at least 200% the time I've already lived.)

Just throw in FFXIV to fill in the gaps and we're golden.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
At least a year, lol. I have a bad habit of ditching games near the end (FFXV recently) or mid way through.
Why do you do that?

Cause I do the same fricking thing and I never know why. Rise of tomb raider, horizon zero dawn, botw, ff6 and etc... I always think I'm going to get back to them and I usually don't.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
It looks like I'm sitting at ~260 games that I've either never played or never finished.

Throw in multiplayer/sandbox games, I could last over a decade if I wanted. But, even still, it would only be a couple years before I felt like I had nothing to play.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
If I were to play at the speed that I'm playing games right now, it would take me years to get through my backlog, if I were 16 years old it would take me maybe two-three months lol

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
Absolutely backlog only... maybe about 3 years?
491 games, lots of short ones, lots of games I would probably drop. But also a couple of massive ones.
If I include replays of old favs I guess I would need a bit more.
I can easily beat 150 games in a year if I feel like it. Had Animal Crossing not come out I would probably have been at 70 or so for the year now. But since AC came out I have not beaten a single thing so I am stuck at 50 games beaten in 2020. Oops.

Backloggery and you have to do everything manually. Yep, one by one!
A huge remake of the site is in the works but I don't know how much it will change in that regard.
Backloggery and no - it is all manual input.

Been a member for over 8 years lol.

Big oof. Props to everyone with the patience to do that. I'll check it out later.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I pretty much always survive just playing old favourites. I could play smash, WoW, SC 1+2, Diablo 1+2, plants vs zombies along with a host of other old games forever. The best games I never get bored of. It's awesome because I don't need to spend much on gaming.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I have probably around 200 console games with less than an hour of playtime before even touching my steam library. And a majority of the games I've "beaten" I haven't touched any of the side content. Close to 10 years sounds about right.