• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chirt

Oct 25, 2017
About 15 minutes. Brush teeth, put on clean clothes, pack backpack, out the door.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately it's an hour from when I get up to when I'm out the door basically. I have a 1-year-old so there's all sorts of shit to do and everything normal that used to take me 10-15mins now takes me 30 mins. I take a ... 90-second shower in the morning, but somehow the whole process takes at least 15 minutes with a 1-year old.

I used to be a 10-15min person from when I'd wake up to be out the door.

THen I got it a dog and it became like 20-30mins.

Then I had a baby and it became an hour, + then the time it takes her to bring her to daycare.

I usually get up at 7:20, if she's sleeping I try to rush through my morning routine (teeth, shower, dress), as quickly as I Can. But, most mornings she's awake so it's a solid hour before we're out the door, head to daycare, get her in and setup and I'm usually on the highway by 830 or so. Thankfully daycare is on the way to work. I do the prep the night before and make coffee at the start of the week for myself.

I used to poop in the morning, but now I don't. I take medicine daily that has a side affect of causing me to poop like 60% of the time, but I actually hold off on taking that now too.

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
I usually wake up around 4 or 4:30 and head out around 7:45. Have coffee, surf the internet, eat breakfast, exercise, shower -- that's my usual routine.

KimiNewt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Between 40 minutes and 4 hours. I wake up naturally at around 7am and my working hours our flexible.

Most of my coworkers get to work about 10-11 so there isn't much point in getting there super early (it's a five minute walk away).

Either I spend an hour chilling and then go for a quiet hour or two at work, or I do errands like laundry or working out, cleaning, etc. Sometimes I'd even watch a movie or something.

T0M

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 13, 2019
Almost an hour. I usually get up, shower, eat breakfast, and browse the web for a bit before I get dressed and get on the road.

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
About 2 hours. I don't have to leave the house until 7:50 but I try to get up by 5:30 since my wife has to wake up at 5. My wife leaves around 6:20 so I get a solid hour before I have to get dressed to do whatever. Depending on the news cycle for the day I either watch Morning Joe or Frasier, I'm into season 8 now so gonna need to find another morning show at some point.

I really enjoy having so much time in the morning.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
Used to be about 2 hours while in college, and then 1.5 hours until about three years ago. My wife and I would watch an episode of a show and eat breakfast.

For the last three years, it has been 30 minutes to an hour depending on whether it's her or me that takes care of the dogs in the morning.

Acrano

Nov 2, 2017
Germany
I like to sleep as long as possible and eat breakfast at work (I´m not realy hungry waking up, need an hour or two) so 20-30 minutes with showering and getting ready. Like shaneo632 mentioned if feels like wasted time if I take too long in the morning, rather get half an hour more time in the evening than to spend it before work.

Microsoft

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
47.639318, -122.128373
06:15 alarm
06:16 shower
06:20 breakfast
06:30 clothes, hair, deo, etc
06:35 bike to the gym
08:30 work work

So to answer your question, 20-25 minutes or so. I put out all my clothes I need the day before, and pack my bags.
I have a hard time believing this. It takes you 1 minute to get to the shower after the alarm goes off? Then you're in the shower for a total of 4 minutes before eating breakfast? And how is breakfast ready + ate in just 10 mins??? How do you do this much in so little time???????

PandaShake

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
about 20 minutes. Every min spent getting ready. I don't like to have a break time before going to work because that makes the work day feel longer to me

Ketch

Oct 25, 2017
I always set my alarm for at least an hour before I need to leave, but I often wake up before that. It's a curse and also a blessing, a little extra sleep would be great but a little extra sitting in my ass not doing a damn thing in the morning is also nice.

I used to do thing we're everything was timed out exactly and only woke up with exactly enough time to be to work, but having kids ended that. Went from a night person to a morning person and it only took 11 years of trial and error

Gaf Zombie

The Fallen
Dec 13, 2017
30 mins.

Get dressed, eat a quick breakfast, brush my teeth, kiss my wife and son then I'm Swayze.

Deleted member 51957

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 14, 2019
Gym Days I'm up at 5am
Other days I'm up at 6am.

I do everything night before so that I can just walk my dog, feed her, grab my stuff and go. Probably 20 minutes.

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017
1 hour and 20 minutes. Half an hour to 40 minutes is feeding the dogs, letting them out, and giving them their morning grooming and attention. 15 minutes of it is zoning out while brushing my teeth. And the rest is everything else.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Usually atleast an hour. But if I've missed my alarms, I'm out in 5 mins if necessary. I just drink (instant) coffee while browsing web, shower and take a shit in the mornings. So it's not like I need the prep time, but I like to wake up comfortably.
I didn't realise so many people did no shower before going to work...
Many people shower in the evenings. Showering twice a day is an overkill, unless you've been sweating a lot or do work that gets you really dirty. I prefer morning showers, helps me to wake up I feel. Others like the feeling of going to bed fresh.

Last edited:

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I usually give myself 10 minutes of snooze time and 10 minutes to brush my teeth and get my stuff ready. I make my lunch and coffee the evening before so I just throw in some gym gearIl and get my cloths and stuff for the day together then go to the gym for an hour and shower and finish getting ready there.

If I'm taking the kids to school it's probably an hour because kids are slow.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
30-45 minutes.
If I'm more than 15 minutes off time to leave, Atlanta traffic will make me 30+ minutes late.

Dinjooh

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have a hard time believing this. It takes you 1 minute to get to the shower after the alarm goes off? Then you're in the shower for a total of 4 minutes before eating breakfast? And how is breakfast ready + ate in just 10 mins??? How do you do this much in so little time???????

Okay.

Yes, probably takes me 30 seconds to get to the shower, but we can say 1 minute.

I take 2 showers each morning, once at home, once at the gym, so the one that's around 2-4 minutes long is basically just to wake me up.

I mealprep everything, so I eat a frozen breakfast burrito each day which takes around 3m to prepare in the microwave and not even that to eat.

Let me know if you'll need a video of me doing my morning routine.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
I wake up at 8:20 and am walking out of my house at 8:30. I basically have everything laid out, ironed, etc so that I can wake up, go to the bathroom, throw clothes on, and run out the door.

Ensoul

Oct 27, 2017
Alarm is set for 7:30 ( I have yet to be woken up by the alarm by I set it as a safety precaution) but I am usually up at 7:15 and am out the door 10-15 minuets later.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I wake up at 10AM, shower, do hair, brush teeth and get dressed. That can take between 10-30 minutes depending on how shitty I feel. Then I typically leave between 10:40 to 10:50. Work ain't too far away, so I fret not.

Golden

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 9, 2018
Around 30 min to eat, have coffee, shower and then jump in the car. I try to melt my lunch the night before otherwise I will cream that in as well.

Microsoft

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
47.639318, -122.128373
Okay.

Yes, probably takes me 30 seconds to get to the shower, but we can say 1 minute.

I take 2 showers each morning, once at home, once at the gym, so the one that's around 2-4 minutes long is basically just to wake me up.

I mealprep everything, so I eat a frozen breakfast burrito each day which takes around 3m to prepare in the microwave and not even that to eat.

Let me know if you'll need a video of me doing my morning routine.
Lol, nah man it's cool. I just can't fathom because, I myself would never be able to do that. Takes me 15 minutes minimum just to shower. 10 minutes if I'm rushing it.

Apr 24, 2018
It's started taking longer and longer for me - I give myself at least 30 minutes, often taking closer to 45. I've been waking up with sinus pressure/headaches for a while now, on top of never being a morning person to begin with.

I got checked for allergies and was told that I have allergies to dust mites and cats (but apparently not dogs) - thought my roommate's dog was triggering this, potentially. Wasn't advised to take any meds other than a 2 week course in antibiotics.

Oct 25, 2017
About two hours. I like to get ready without rushing, but I also use the mornings to catch up on personal emails, RSS feeds, sales and also plan a bit of the day.

I wake up at 6, make breakfast and eat. Around 6:30 I'll shave, which takes me anywhere from 20 to 30 minutes. 7 rolls around, I use the bathroom, take a shower, and get ready for work.

I lounge about and leave the house around 8.

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
Wake up the last possible minute, immediately get into the shower, do my hair, brush my teeth, immediately out the door. Fuck mornings.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
3-4 hours... my job is tough so i need to get shit done early as possible (dishes, laundry, workout) because after work all i'll want to do is drink beer and play video games.

rudeboyoslo

Jan 5, 2018
Wake up at 7, check my phone, get up and shower.
Then it's breakfast time, I never leave home without eating. I browse the news, resetera and such while eating.
After that comes finding my outfit for the day, picking the right sneakers, and I'm usually out of the house by 8 ish.
My commute is pretty short, so I'm at the office around 830 usually.

Rahvar

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Most Lost
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
If I start at 8am it's 1-2 hours, if I start later it's 2-6 hours (between 10-12 starts). I pretty much always get up around 6. No alarms, no coffee, no kids, own volition.

sven

Oct 31, 2017
I work second shift so I usually get up 5 or 6 hours before I have to leave for work.

HTupolev

Oct 27, 2017
On most days, about ten minutes.

If I'm squeezing in a pre-work bicycle ride, typically 4-5 hours, to leave time to recuperate. How those days pan out is a bit hard to predict... it's impossible for me to go on a solo ride without treating it like a time-trial, so I can end up utterly exhausted, but it can also make me feel very alive.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
I can get it done in 20, but I prefer to have at least 45 min so I can have my coffee and take it easy for a bit.