• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How long do you shower?

• ~ 5 minutes 💧

• ~ 10 minutes 💦

• ~ 15 minutes 🌧️

• ~ 30 minutes 🌊

• ~ 1 hour 🐳

• N/A: I only take baths

Results are only viewable after voting.

mentok15

Dec 20, 2017
Australia
Was this one:

dfc.jpg
I'm thinking face, armpits, genitals

EDIT: Almost got it!
So they're not washing their feet? Our bum???

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
5-10 minutes if I'm just trying to quickly get clean.
30 minutes+ if I'm not in any rush and take my time.

I'll waste all the goddamn water I want.

OP
OP
DiipuSurotu

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Australian here, shouldn't you just be able to keep it turned to the side at the appropriate heat, then just pull up to start the water (Assuming it's a pull up and twist to the appropriate side with up controlling water flow and side to side determining heat)
Welp sorry that's not the right picture, I just posted the first one I could find on Google Images that's not a thermostatic mixer.

My shower tap is more like this actually:
vcUlfED.png

Hot on the left and cold on the right. I have to turn them both to zero to turn the water off, so I have to set the correct temperature every time.

Watevaman

Oct 30, 2017
It's usually 10-15 minutes when I'm getting ready for work. If I'm not in a rush I can take up to 30 minutes as long as the water stays hot.

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
5 minutes (or less) generally, maybe 10 minutes the couple times a week I wash my hair.

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
Welp sorry that's not the right picture, I just posted the first one I could find on Google Images that's not a thermostatic mixer.

My shower tap is more like this actually:
vcUlfED.png

Hot on the left and cold on the right. I have to turn them both to zero to turn the water off, I have to set the correct temperature every time.

Oh yeah, that's more like what I was thinking it'd be. We have that, I basically just remember how many turns I need to get to my desired temp for each, and get the hot tap going first so it's got some time to warm up, but also not be afraid to hop in if the water is cooler than you'd like (Not like, straight cold water) and letting it heat up while you're in there or doing adjustments on the fly

On topic, I was taught 5min showers cause I grew up in drought with no town water. Basically it was get in, wet and shampoo hair, while shampoo sits you scrub the rest of your body, usually soap or body wash on a pouf sponge, rinse body and shampoo all at once, drag lil bit of conditioner through hair, wash out, get out.

Now I probably have 10min showers to avoid the rush that a 5min shower entails, but also still be conscious of the water useage

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
i try to aim for less than 10 minutes, if I go over I just feel like I'm being wasteful.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I time out my mornings for 10 minute showers before work, but left to my devices it's usually 15-20. I really like showers, I find them cozy. It's exceedingly rare that I leave the shower because I'm bored of being in there.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Usually have 1-3 showers depending on if I exercise before work, and if Im active during the day. Cut them to 5 minutes each tho.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
How are people washing their whole body and hair in just five minutes??

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Get in shower, wet hair, shampoo and rinse hair, conditioner hair, wash body and rinse, rinse out conditioner, end shower

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anywhere between 15 - 30 mins depending on the mood. It's my me time. Sometimes I'll enjoy a coffee or beer while I shower.

Jaychrome91

Nov 4, 2018
Normally, only 5 minutes. If I'm dealing with depression than 15-20 minutes. It varys on my mental state.

Fnnrqwin

Sep 19, 2019
I grew up in a series of apartments with horrible really low non-removable showerheads so I got used to taking baths instead. Still do almost all the time.

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
Probably around 5-8 minutes. I was everything I can reach. Not sure what people are doing in there so long.

Many

Sep 17, 2018
Between 5 and 10 minutes. Anything more than 15 min is just water wasting.

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
2 songs on my shower speaker. I go nuts cleansing downstairs for half a song then the rest is chill time.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Largely hangover and horny level related. Sober the day before and not horny, probably only like 3 minutes.

Horny probably a solid 15min.

Hungover it might be 30min lol.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Around 10 minutes, but I have short hair which makes it a bit faster to wash my hair.

Stuggernaut

Oct 28, 2017
Seattle, WA, USA
5-10 min for a "speed shower" where I am just in it to get clean.

15-20 if I want to enjoy the water temp for whatever time of year it is.

Longer that 20 minutes means I am either sick, or in lots of back pain where hot water helps.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
About 10 minutes. 2 minutes to bask in the first warm water, 1 to wash my (very short) hair, ~5 minutes to scrub my body and the remaning 2 minutes to lower the water temperature and enjoy the cooling effect before I get out and dry myself off.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
I probably average over 11 minutes. I shoot for 8, but I always take longer somewhere than I'd like.

One of my life goals is to rinse off as quick as George Clooney in Burn After Reading. Legendary.

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
Usually between 10-15 minutes, not counting the time I turn off the water to lather up. I have this weird thing sometimes that puts me closer to the upper end where I just unintentionally stop and stare at the wall for a minute or two. Not really thinking about anything, just staring and drifting and until I snap out of it.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
It used to be 20 minutes when I had longer hair, but since I have have cut extremely short since COVID began, it is now 10 minutes.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Usually between 10-15 minutes, not counting the time I turn off the water to lather up. I have this weird thing sometimes that puts me closer to the upper end where I just unintentionally stop and stare at the wall for a minute or two. Not really thinking about anything, just staring and drifting and until I snap out of it.
Wait, you lather with the water off?