• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

quik killa

Oct 29, 2017
I took mine down on Dec. 28th this year because I had enough of the holiday season, but usually I would wait until the beginning of January.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Ours are down now except the outdoor Christmas lights. Took the rest down day after New Years. We got some snow this week so I don't feel like messing with the lights on the ladder in the cold/snow. I unplugged them and put away the dusk/dawn censor so they are off anyway.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
The goal is just after New Year's, but that doesn't always happen (it actually happened earlier this year due to a couple days of unseasonable warmth).

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
one time we had it up for the entire year, but usually on the sixth yeah

but nowadays we don't even put anything up tbh

Oct 25, 2017
We usually keep up til New Years. But my tree fell over the day after Xmas and broke a ton of stuff so we just put it all away early

cinch

Chicken Chaser
Feb 17, 2019
usually January 2, although this time it was a few days longer

dkeane

Oct 27, 2017
Decorations are down this week but the white lights outside stay up throughout the winter. Makes the snow storms nice and the early sunsets less depressing.

I guess if I lived in a place without snow/cold I'd take them down quick.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Here in Mexico, we have a custom named "maratĂłn Guadalupe - Reyes", which means the start of the holiday's (plus parties, gatherings, you name it) start from the Virgin Mary's celebration on Dec 12 until Reyes Magos in January, which is usually the day all X-Mas decorations get stored.

I like it that way, Xmas lights and decorations always cheer me up, so enjoying them for one more week is always nice.

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This was my first year with a Christmas tree and I was so excited I bought it in October and had it up until earlier this week.

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
Its time for them to come down once past New Years- that said we have a skinny artificial tree in our living room we love the look of (and as a nighttime light source), that we often re-decorate for Valentines and even Easter. Why not?

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My personal rule of thumb is no later than Martin Luther King Jr Day (Third Monday in January.)
There have been years where I just haven't taken down the outdoor lights and just stopped turning them on. My light setup was really complicated at my old house and at least one year I just never bothered to take it down. My new house is simpler, though, so I'll probably try to tackle some of it this weekend.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
Until I feel like taking them down or the shame of them being up so long forces me to. Whoever comes first

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
How it feels after the decorations come down.

fresh-prince-room.gif

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
The lights on the highest portions of the roof? That shit stays up year round. The decorations on the yard and garage? That stays up until spring or it gets warm enough. Whatever comes first.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Usually it's this weekend that they all come down. But got hit with the Vid this weekend and then we got a snow storm so they're still up outside.

The tree and indoor decorations are all down, took em down on Jan 2. Gonna wait for the first temperate day once my kid is back in school to take them down.

Gotta get the tree down to the city. That's gonna take longer.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Usually this weekend, but I since we had some late snow, I'm going to leave them up for another week.

Spenny

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego-ish
the rest of my family is catholic so they keep it up until the epiphany. me and my husband are just keeping our cool little tree up in our apartment because it provides the perfect amount of lighting.

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Took it all down yesterday. Where I live many places take it all down on the 26th to the 28th because they gear up to the new year decoration which is different, but I personally don't care much about that stuff so I leave the Christmas decoration until the end of the first week of January or so.

I bought some LED lights powered by solar energy that automatically turn on once it gets dark and they were originally set for Christmas, but I'll change the location, set them to constant instead of blinking, and will leave them all year round since it's nice having some extra lights on the balcony.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Usually 6th or 7th, tree is back in the box, all decoration are down, the outside light is currently on it's covered in snow and the timer is still working lol, it's too fucking cold to take off the timer

Jeronimo

Nov 16, 2017
January, but it depends on what what else is going on and if we've been out of town. We just took everything down and put stuff back in boxes earlier today.

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
We removed ours on the 28th of December, Christmas is over so no point in keeping it around.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Kept them up until last weekend. We've had them up longer before. It just all depends on our mood and how exhausted we were from the month of December.