• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainNuevo

Mascot Maniac
Oct 25, 2017
It took me quite a bit on my first playthrough. Letting the boss intentionally damage you was so counterintuitive as a kid, especially coming from the Sonic games, I have no idea how I finally found out I had to let the boss intentionally eat my HP to let me kill him.

Pretty smart game design to subvert expectations and introduce some ludonarrative dissonance via the vsync. Good on the devs.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
What? No I'm not talking about sonic at all. Except for when I talked about how Sonic conditioned me to not be hit,

It took me quite a bit on my first playthrough. Letting the boss intentionally damage you was so counterintuitive as a kid, especially coming from the Sonic games, I have no idea how I finally found out I had to let the boss intentionally eat my HP to let me kill him.

Pretty smart game design to subvert expectations and introduce some ludonarrative dissonance via the vsync. Good on the devs.

?

Status
Not open for further replies.