• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MrToughPants

Oct 30, 2017
Like 4-5mins by myself enough time to soap and be out. I often shower while my one year old is in his little tub and he plays for a while so 10-15 mins.

brain_

What is a tag? A miserable pile of words.
May 13, 2021
MO
Quick "I need to leave asap" wash - 5ish minutes
Take my time wash - 15-20 minutes
I have nothing to do today - 30 minutes

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
If I want to get in and out, ~10 minutes. If I'm just standing there day dreaming and just enjoying the hot water, ~15-20 minutes.

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Holy hell at some of these times... What are you DOING in there for 15-30 min?
Your water bills must be INSANE!

I'm a 5-10 min MAX. I grew up in a family with limited bathrooms, so when you went in there - you HUSTLED.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Usually 15 minutes. I like to take my time and thoroughly wash my entire body. I don't stop at my groin. I keep going all the way down. (Back of knees, shins, even in between my toes. Heels. Bottom of feet)

Oct 25, 2017
About 20 minutes from turning the water on to finishing drying off.
Half of it is just enjoying the warm water and letting it wake me up.
I have mid back length hair, so I need to spend a few minute conditioning.

If I'm pressed for time and only focus on washing, I can do it in about 8 minutes.

If I'm just rinsing off sweat from yard work, then it's just a 2 minute rinse.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
15-30m depending on stuff.
The real question based off of the last thread is whether you keep the water running throughout your shower or not.

Last edited:

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
Depends on how many of my previous life decisions/arguments my brain decides to relive in that particular moment.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
10 minutes or so. Long enough to get clean and do my hair but not longer than needed.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I've always washed my legs. I just thought I should let people know since not washing them is a thing it seems.
The classic makes a return..

how-men-j7839nzjw4.png

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Yeah longer hair makes it take longer. But with 6-7in hair, I still get done in less than 10min. When I use shampoo it takes longer but that's maybe once a week.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
toy.jpg

Well honestly it depends on what I brought in the shower? hehehehehhehehehe

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
The classic makes a return..

how-men-j7839nzjw4.png
lol

I wonder how true that is.

The only thing I don't put soap on is my feet. And I will wash them sometimes too but most of the time I will just use the caveman method and let the running water clean them for me. They are usually stuck in socks so I am not displaying them very often.

For the people who are in the shower for like 20 minutes don't you get bored in there? I don't have a lot of hair so it takes me like 3-5 minutes max to soap down and rinse everything. 5 more minutes to just enjoy the hot water is nice but I would get bored after that.

I think my total bathroom time is like 20 minutes which includes brushing, shaving, toilet time and shower and I always thought I spent too much time in the bathroom.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure I could live in the shower tbh lol
Doing what though? I know some people listen to podcasts or other shit in the shower so I could see that but I would rather just GTFO and listen to it running or sitting on the couch.

I guess I am the Jerry in this situation and some of you are Cosmo Kramer (without the horrible racism).

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Depends.

Daily about 10-15 minutes (full body scrub, face wash), longer when I need to deep wash my hair (which is very long now) 30+ minutes.

Trouble

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle-ish
I kinda wish I had ponied up for a tankless heater when we bought this house because we have a rainfall showerhead and it's glorious. I never want to get out.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
15-20 minutes, hot shower. I need to trim it down and be more water conservative but I rely on my showers for a mental health refresh. I could probably change for the better.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
10-15 minutes. Most of that time is just soaking while my brain wakes up.

dalq

Feb 13, 2018
10 to 15 minutes in general, more if I just want to decompress from the day, then I'll sit on the floor and just let the water wash away the pain

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
however long it takes to scrub my body down with a wash cloth, on hair washing days its longer (so like once a week).

Gray

Oct 25, 2017
How do you do a cold shower? I tried once but that cold water hit my and my soul was like "Fool, what are you doing?". How do you override that?

Oh it's not too bad, once you train yourself. I'm pretty sure you can find plenty guides online. First time I did it maybe 5 years ago, we were gonna have some kind of maintenance and would be out of hot water for a couple of days, and I decided to challenge myself, see if I could do it. I did it once, stayed for maybe 30-ish seconds under the cold water. It was shocking but felt tremendous afterwards. Then I did it again next time. And then again. And I didn't take a regular warm shower for something like 2 years. Nowadays I usually take cold showers after a workout and only wash my body from the sweat but wash my hair with warm water. Still, I like my cold showers, I wouldn't give them up altogether.