• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How likely do you think it is?

• Very likely. It will probably be pushed back at least once more to May or Christmas 2020

Votes: 79 25.9%
  • Likely a delay of a month at worst

Votes: 66 21.6%
  • Unlikely. They reputation with FFXV and KH3 will ensure it

Votes: 74 24.3%
  • Very unlikely. They will ship it in March even if they have to trim content

Votes: 86 28.2%

• Total voters

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
No way it gets pushed out of Fiscal 2019. Now, whether it's complete or not...

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If it was like January I'd say likely, but this is at the end of the fiscal year, they ain't missing it.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
FFXV got delayed like, what, 2 months out? And they announced XV's release date much closer to launch.

I'd say it's possible, but obviously I'm trying to put the thought out of my mind.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
I actually think they'll make their date, if they don't it'll be a short delay.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
It's at the end of the fiscal year and they already started taking preorders. Pushing it any further causes a big pain to their next FY's numbers.

It's coming out March, no matter what.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
FFXV was delayed OP. In fact, I think it's the first mainline FF to get delayed after they announced a release date.

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
From my personal experience, once a game is available for pre-order on PSN, then its release date is set in stone. In all these years the only game that hasn't had that effect for me was Spyro: Reignited Trilogy. I'd say it's definetely coming out on March 3rd.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
FFXV was delayed from September to November. The situation isn't really comparable.

Could it get delayed? Theoretically, yes! Anything can happen! Will it be massively expensive and destroy their guidance and force them to take huge losses on preorder numbers that have to be shifted to the next fiscal year where they otherwise wouldn't? Yes!

The game would have to be so broken that Sony won't even certify it and Sony has let some real broken shit squeeze through if they're willing to work with the third party enough.

Deleted member 49438

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 7, 2018
They'll get part 1 out. It will just be a woefully small portion of the game and you won't see part 2 until we start hearing PS6 rumors :P

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
The game being episodic gives them some flexibility as they can trim content and put that in the next episode. I think they will try their hardest to get the game out for FY 2019. This game is going to be a huge seller for them.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Late summer is my guess, no way it launches on time. Fingers crossed it does, the thirst is real

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
It's their only AAA release for the fiscal year, it would have to be a very serious problem to delay it passed march.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
People keep saying "trim content" as if a game launching in March would not already be content complete by now.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
I think it will launch on time, it already looks done (i know that is a loaded phrase but) and it's not out until March. I don't think they'll trim content either way.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reasons it will be delayed

Its a Final Fantasy game made by Square Enix and they never hit the date they first get.

Reasons it might release on time

- UE4 seems decent and better then their in hosue teach.
- Targeting 1 platform for release might reduce last minute QA problems
- Avengers also has a date close to it and seems like a mess, Maybe Avengers gets pushed and that puts pressure on FF7 to shop on time?

thecowboypoet

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't like these poll options. I feel like a delay is somewhat likely but probably for more than a month.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
From my personal experience, once a game is available for pre-order on PSN, then its release date is set in stone. In all these years the only game that hasn't had that effect for me was Spyro: Reignited Trilogy. I'd say it's definetely coming out on March 3rd.
Not true. I pre-ordered Mirror's Edge: Catalyst and Uncharted 4 on PSN. Both had release dates, and were delayed. Sony's policy is to offer you a refund (wallet credit) if a pre-order date changes, but nothing is ever set in stone. They can change dates as much as they like.

Oct 25, 2017
Better poll options:
1. Will make release date (or within the week)
2. Will be delayed 1 week to 1 month
3. Will be delayed 1 month to 3 months
4. Will be delayed 3 months to 12 months
5. Will be delayed greater than 12 months or not have a release date come March 2020

Skip the pointless premises and just let people express that in their posts. What if I think it's "unlikely" but I don't even know what "They reputation with FFXV and KH3 will ensure it" is even supposed to mean, let alone agree with it?

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I think they wouldn't have made that release date unless they were certain it was coming out then. After all the waiting, people would lose their damn minds if it got delayed.

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think they wouldn't have made that release date unless they were certain it was coming out then. After all the waiting, people would lose their damn minds if it got delayed.

I'm confident they picked that date to be as conservative as possible (as in their actual target completion time is much sooner but they don't want to ship something unpolished that's supposed to have multiple sequels). Then Avengers can cover the following fiscal year.

SantaC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think it's coming out on time. I mean, the game is only revolving around Midgar.

The Emperor

Oct 25, 2017
'Unlikely. They reputation with FFXV and KH3 will ensure it'

The poll options are harder to follow than FF Type-0's plot. Good play OP...a meta narrative on the franchise and its fans is displayed through the way the poll options are written.

I think this ones makes the date...they won't miss the fiscal year

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
They will do whatever it takes to make sure it ships this Fiscal Year for them. So it ain't slipping past March unless some executives are prepared to eat alot of shit

ackl

Oct 25, 2017
I'm confident they picked that date to be as conservative as possible (as in their actual target completion time is much sooner but they don't want to ship something unpolished that's supposed to have multiple sequels). Then Avengers can cover the following fiscal year.
My thoughts exactly.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think they would have announced a date if they weren't extremely confident about it. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt based on the E3 showing.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i don't doubt the release date. more worried about playing it and going "huh, that's it?"

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
Always feels 50/50 with Square but I wouldn't expect a big delay in any case.

Pachinko

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
It's got a weird launch slot, like they almost wanted to have it read sooner but couldn't really commit to , let's say a November date and perhaps localization work was going to take 2-3 months to finalize for a world wide launch too. March 3rd basically reads like it has a delay baked into it. I'd be very suprised if it got pushed further because after a certain point next gen hype will start absorbing whatever marketing Square could muster.

Aug 27, 2018
I'd like to remind everyone that they held a literal event to announce the release date of FFXV and STILL missed that release date.

Oct 27, 2017
I suspect this will meet its date, especially since SE on the publisher side has a run-in to Avengers not long after. Additionally, they will want it to hit this Fiscal Year as well. If there is a delay I think it will only be slightly after the 03/03/2020 date. If anything gets delayed it will be Avengers, maybe.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
They announced the date almost a year out. If they announced it for November or December, I would have my doubts. I think it will make it out, unless there's some major disaster in Japan and they have to shut down for a while.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
There's no way they can miss it. Simply no way. March is their window, if they miss it, it's over.