• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Your financial situation?

• Doing pretty well.

Votes: 140 31.9%
  • Doing not too bad.

Votes: 109 24.8%
  • 50-50.

Votes: 44 10.0%
  • A little bit difficult.

Votes: 71 16.2%
  • I'm in the red.

Votes: 54 12.3%
  • It's unpredictable.

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • I'm totally unsure.

Votes: 12 2.7%

• Total voters

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Just curious about your financial situation, and hopefully, things improve for the rest of 2019 and later.

Mainly curious about the financial situations for the demographics in the gaming sectors.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I would be in a good place if a certain raccoon wasn't bathing daily in my hard earned bells

But let's just say that I could use a little rosebud in my life right about now

capnjazz

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Byrgenwerth
Weird thread, especially in the gaming section. I mean, I do alright. I'm 28 and I quit my last job in 2016, live off renting out inherited property and investments.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
was pretty decent but recent work changes have made it where my income will 70% bills before i buy food

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Why do you wanna know? Something about a short term high interest loan? I'll keep my bells thank you very much.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I'm one serious injury or illness away from insurmountable debt. So, paycheck to paycheck with a little bit for disposable entertainment.

Need to just budget better and spend a year burning through my backlog.

But really, I should just pile on more student loan debt and get a Master's within my career to make 2.5x what I currently am.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
please post your salary and age range as well as your residential address for a chance to win a $50 gift card to the square enix online store

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
We're not rich but we're not poor. We will have our house paid off and both kids in school in a couple years so that will improve our situation a lot.

Our only sore spot is retirement. I hope to increase our spending there by quite a bit once our house is paid.

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
No, I don't want a bigger house.

33524.jpg

Council Pop

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm unemployed, have been for months. So I'm living on benefits, and budget very carefully so I'm breaking even and not losing money. After rent, I have about ÂŁ40 a week to live on, which is doable for the moment, especially as it means i get other stuff free- dentist, prescriptions, cheap swimming etc. Obviously no money for games though, and sometimes I have to go without meals. But i'm not in any debt etc- my financial situation could be much worse.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
33, broke as all fucks. I get good money from my job but I suck HARD at that managing thing y'all adult do. I put all my dough in : expensive food/expensive booze/expensive artbooks/expensive art furniture. Only myself to blame.

Sep 28, 2018
Building a house at the moment.
Got a job that pays well one moment and absolutely terrible the next, but I do work from home...
($ 100k) in the bank
No debt
31 year old

FrakEarth

Oct 25, 2017
Liverpool, UK
I'm doing ok, bought my first home last year (or should I say, borrowed a fuck ton of money), money just went up in April, but in terms of how my income relates to my hobbies like gaming, I'd say I'm belt tightened at the moment. I can't afford a lot, so I'm picking and choosing what I buy carefully, going with what I trust. I'd prefer it if things were cheaper or if I could afford to indulge more but I can't complain.

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
Are you trying to determina ERA's purchasing power?? For the record I earn decent can easily afford 3 consoles and most MSRP games, but spend wisely due to other factors, like house, gf, vacation, etc

Osa15

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Pretty shitty. Students loan has me crippled. I have no option but to vote for one of those extremists far left candidates in order to live till 50.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Doing well. I'm fortunate to be in tech.

I'm terms of goals, would like to buy some cheap investment properties in the heartland or the South.

I do index funds only but may start buying stock as well.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
Not too bad I think, relative to other people in their mid-to-high-twenties. Don't need to worry about money on a day-to-day basis, but also need to be smart and careful about big-picture planning and long-term decisions.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, have 6-8 months' expenses in savings and a couple investments. Need to get more money into something other than a savings account.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
I don't really have any savings, except for a few grand for repairs around the house
but I manage my mortgage and expenses pretty well with my wifes help.

would just like to be able to save more (without decreasing my qol)

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have minimal debt and good savings (6+ months emergency fund) but currently have only a half-decent job with limited growth opportunity. I'm in the process of expanding my skills and education to hopefully open new doors.

EVA UNIT 01

Oct 27, 2017
CA
No debt
Own apt-nicely furnished.
Somewhat reliable job.

No complaints-lots of luxury items some would kill for

Oct 27, 2017
I voted "doing not too bad". I have no debt, could be earning more, but I don't care about what I earn week to week or even in any particular month too much i.e. not paycheck to paycheck.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I have a pretty good salary, and I have no debt. I live pretty frugally though, and put a lot of money away towards savings. I max out a 401k and IRA and try to put money into a savings account on top of that. I didn't have a real job (tm) until i was nearly 26 (PhD) so I'm playing catch up, sorta.

Right now I splurge a bit too much on a two-bedroom apartment for just myself. I'm trying to either downsize or look at condos in my area so that that money isn't being thrown away.

Astronut325

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Not sure what the determining criteria is for the choices in the poll.

I'm 37, own a home in Los Angeles, have close to $400k in my mortgage left, 2 kids and about 2x my annual salary in retirement savings.

qatak

Oct 27, 2017
Unemployed five months. Have now run through my savings and am using driving/delivery apps to make what I can. Has really cut into my gaming hobby, but I have to say that gaming "escapism" feeling is now more appealing than ever. Its been a really depressing few months for me.