• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Non existent in Poland, console was sold out everywhere in few hours anyway.
Same thing in my country. I think it's because only old people watch TV or read print, and people in that age group have zero interest in gaming. Younger adults who actually are gaming just get their news (and targeted ads) from the internet.

ultramooz

Oct 27, 2017
Paris, France
I don't go out unless for groceries shopping so I don't know if there are billboards in Paris. With confinement it would be a waste of marketing money, I think. Online ads are probably more fruitful considering what's happening.

Youtube is full of unboxing videos and first impressions for the new consoles and I've seen newsletters from the big stores like Fnac and Micromania, so there's that.

The problem won't be to sell consoles, but how to get them in the hands of customers when most stores will be closed. Lots of hysteria on twitter and facebook with gamers panicking that they won't have their new toys on day one.

my boyfriend ordered the ps5 at fnac but we've had lots of mail and packages stolen / lost since the pandemic so... we'll see.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Impressively non existent in Portugal, neither ads or Portuguese dub trailers for games, probably due to Covid but it's weird af

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
There is zero video game ads in general on television unless it's something big. Have not seen any ps5 or Xbox ads at all so far.

Europe, Netherlands here

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Were getting Sony's weird commercials that just say Sony at the end, but are maybe... advertising a gaming console here in Japan lol. Especially during the morning news and evening variety shows is when they air. No xbox ads that I've seen yet. Also them promoting by getting youtubers to talk about it, but I don't follow the bigger YT peeps here, most of them are way too similar to bother.

Theres a version of this that cuts before the games are shown somehow on TV lol. It's common to show the full commercial then a shorter version after though here.

Last edited:

Heliex

Nov 2, 2017
Canada here, I see many PS5 commercials all the time, Havent seen a single XSX commercial, its like it doesnt even exist here.

ScrewyAurum

Nov 3, 2017
No adverts here in India as far as I am aware, nor much targeted marketing.

The Series X got sold out within 30 mins on preorder day but the Series S is still plentiful.

PS5 is all kinds of messed up. No official launch day, preorder day of any kind (Someone else Trademarked PS5 in the country). Can only be bought on the grey market for a 100% markup (around $1350 USD)

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Playstation Singapore hyping up PS5 by getting the popular celebrities and popstars hands on with the PS5

Theron

Oct 28, 2017
PS5 > Champions League. I think I have spotted a few in the wild, but not 100% sure and could just be my imagination since I have mostly home office these covid days. Norway.

Menchin

Apr 1, 2019
There's zero advertising outside of dedicated gaming stores, PC and piracy dominate here

Black Mantis

Oct 30, 2017
Haven't seen any TV ads for either company yet in Spain. Not sure about billboards and such, as I'm working from home.

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland
I've seen some for Series X, but still is really quiet here. Not sure how it is in public as I'm working from home now. PS5 was available to buy for literally few hours when they launched pre-orders. Haven't seen a copy of disk version since then available to buy anywhere

Ombala

Oct 30, 2017
Not much here in Sweden, the PS5 was sold out within an hour so no need I guess, online ads and CL still gives alot of exposure.
Seen nothing for XSX, and XSS.
BTW XSS can still be preordered, dosent seem popular.

Sid

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
Haven't even announced the fucking release date for PS5 and it costs nearly 700 dollars in my country 😂😂😂

Yunsar

Oct 27, 2017
Here in Indonesia? None whatsoever. Outside of dedicated gaming communities (which gets their news from foreign sources anyway) there is practically zero awareness in the populace about video gaming in general. Not that I can blame them, consoles are expensive and most people here won't be able to afford them. Pirated games are also still very common and even among dedicated gamers who actually does buy consoles, pirated copies may still be preferable simply because they're cheaper.

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
also in the philippines so yeah, zero advertising outside of dedicated gaming retailers who can't even have preorders up because neither sony or microsoft have yet to confirm important details like the price and release date for any of their next-gen consoles. not getting my hopes up to ~enter the next-gen~ this month tbh since this country is not a priority at all, not even in the region as singapore gets top billing and none of the other southeast asian countries have been given anything.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The only video game advertising I've seen is that commercial for 3D All Stars with the dad showing his daughter his favourite games and damn does it put a tear in my eye.

Z-Brownie

Nov 6, 2017
i didn't saw any beside social media but nothing sponsored, basically none i guess (BR)

edit: wich is basically the regular standard here

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Not seeing a great deal in the UK other than pre-roll YouTube ads. The big Smyths near me still has a window display of GT Sport and Uncharted 4 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Forearm_Star

Oct 25, 2017
US here, a lot of commercials during sporting events. I've seen a lot more Sony commercials than I've seen MS ones. Doesn't mean much considering how little tv I watch.