• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Have to say here in Australia I have barely seen any advertising, especially from Sony... During our AFL Grand Final a couple weeks back there were a couple Xbox ads during the quarter breaks. Besides that I have not really seen anything on TV, I'm rarely getting targeted ads online as well.

Melbourne (AUS) just came out of a hard lockdown the other week, went out the other day quickly to the shops, didn't see any billboards or anything. I don't expect much advertising outdoors due to covid, but would have thought at least online and TV there would be heaps.

It's just weird 1 week out from launch, I expected to be bombarded with ads.
Maybe next week 🤷‍♂️

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Genshin Impact and LoL Wild Rift are more heavily advertised here than either next-gen consoles, to put things into perspective.

Not that it matters, PS5 shipments are all sold out till next year already.

ramyeon

Oct 25, 2017
Have to say here in Australia I have barely seen any advertising, especially from Sony... During our AFL Grand Final a couple weeks back there were a couple Xbox ads during the quarter breaks. Besides that I have not really seen anything on TV, I'm rarely getting targeted ads online as well.

Melbourne (AUS) just came out of a hard lockdown the other week, went out the other day quickly to the shops, didn't see any billboards or anything. I don't expect much advertising outdoors due to covid, but would have thought at least online and TV there would be heaps.

It's just weird 1 week out from launch, I expected to be bombarded with ads.
Maybe next week 🤷‍♂️
I guess there's not a huge need to push advertising right now with all the consoles being sold out until at least early 2021.

Rivanov

Mar 22, 2018
The Netherlands
Here in The Netherlands they are showing some ads for Watch Dogs with the Series X at the end.
And ads for COD Cold War with PS5 at the end.

Alien Bob

Nov 25, 2017
I mean, I don't go outside, don't watch linear tv, and adblock almost every website (not you era, <3), so I say good luck.

Myself

Nov 4, 2017
In NZ I have seen zero but I don't watch a lot of OTA TV. It's mainly on demand which has ads but not as many.

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I came in expecting to have the first Australian perspective lol, but yeah...agreed with the OP. There has been almost nothing here.

I get the feeling that very little stock has been sent to Australia, and so they aren't bothering to make a strong push here yet.

Cyberclops

Mar 15, 2019
I watch TV a pretty much everyday here (Japan) and I haven't seen any PS5 ads. Didn't see anything when I browsing some shops on the weekend either.

Advertising will probably pick up when stock issues are sorted out.

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
Still no release date or price for either Playstation 5 or Xbox Series S/X here in the Philippines.
My wife is from the Philippines, and we try to either go there, or get visit from our family often (except in these covid-times). I have tried to look for videogames when I have been there, but it seems to me like the Philippines is more about either mobile games or PC gaming, is that right?

Here where we live, Norway, I haven't seen any advertisements at all. But I have the series x preordered.

Oct 25, 2017
UK. I haven't seen any.

Tbf I'm barely anywhere where I'd see physical ads and I don't watch TV, but would have expected to see some online banners or 5 second YouTube ads by now.

Twelvy

Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo
I've seen some PS5 commercials on TV. Some shops are displaying pictures of PS5. That's all. I don't go out much outside of my neighbourhood.
Nothing for Xbox anywhere...
(Japan)

sector4

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in UK and have seen no out of home advertising but have had some YouTube pre rolls for Xbox and PlayStation. I think company's aren't really seeing the point of advertising outside during the pandemic with lockdowns and such. My local tube stop (Brixton) still has Doom Eternal advertising up.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Like...

Here is a PS4, Xbox One and a Switch.. buy them...

nothing next gen here.

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't seen anything here in New Zealand, but all the launch stock is sold out, so I guess they don't need to.

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
Sony started some of their TV ad campaign just after opening pre-orders, then nothing, certainly because there's nothing more to sell until 2021 (I'm in France) so why spend money ?

MS doing, just a bit of YT ads for AC:V and their own xbox ad mostly on gaming website banners and from time to time on YT. Which is not really different from what they were doing every end of year.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
I live in a country where mobile game, f2p and piracy dominate the market, due to how expensive traditional gaming is (minimum wage is like 150-200$ per month here).

Doc Cottle

Jan 28, 2020
I'm in UK and have seen no out of home advertising but have had some YouTube pre rolls for Xbox and PlayStation. I think company's aren't really seeing the point of advertising outside during the pandemic with lockdowns and such. My local tube stop (Brixton) still has Doom Eternal advertising up.
Saw a couple of PS5 adverts on Channel 4 last night. Got a bit giddy which confused the wife.

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ben seeing lots of PS5 ads in the U.S. for a few weeks now. Started to see XSX advertising recently with watchdogs as well.

EarlGreyHot

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't seen anything in the Netherlands now that you mention it. That's odd....

I don't watch TV though so there might be ads on there.

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
I don't watch a lot of TV.

Unlike previous launches, though, I see no outdoor/bus advertising. But I suppose that's not so surprising - we're in lockdown, the city center where I live is very quiet, so why would anyone spend much on that kind of advertising at the moment?

Online I mostly see ads for specific games - CoD, Fifa, Watch Dogs - rather than anything for new systems per se.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I've seen no physical ads here. There might be some on TV, but I don't watch it. I've seen some game-specific ads for Watch Dogs (I think) and Assasins Creed, which I think also include a mention of the XSX. But that's about it.

Jul 28, 2020
I see more forum posts saying "here's the new ad for..." than I see actual ads being shown, I think.

As noted above, I guess you could argue that if the machines are all sold out, what's the point in advertising? I would expect the platform holders to be doing a bit more to establish their branding, maybe they're both suffering from a lack of software to promote.

Manta_Breh

May 16, 2018
Malaysia

NON EXISTENT .... Because Sony considers Asia to only be Singapore and Korea ... It's a shitshow, no one knows anything about when the consoles would release or even a price. Meanwhile Singapore has gotten 2 rounds of pre-orders.

KTC

Dec 7, 2017
UK
I'm pretty sure i've seen adverts for them in the UK on the sports channels but nothing much beyond that

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Sweden - have seen a few billboards on AC:Valhalla with XSS|X as the marketed console, with pictures on the boxes in the corner. Nothing on PS5 yet, but it it's sold out til april or something already so...

Europe - PS5 is plastered all over Champions League.

EliR

Banned
Jan 22, 2020
Barely. These companies don't need day one mass sales. Pre-orders ultimately don't matter. They'll get more heavily advertised as more units become available.

The Gentleman

Oct 27, 2017
tenor.gif