• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Game is on sale over at Origin atm, and I'm willing to give it another chance. Does it still hold up nowadays?

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Syndicate and Syndicate Wars are the only games in the series I acknowledge.

The game you're talking about was a somewhat decent shooter, though. If that's what you're looking for.

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
The single player is okay. Solid, but forgettable. If you have some friends to play it with, the coop mode was suprisingly good and definitley worth playing if you can.

mere_immortal

Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoyed it! It has that nice Starbreeze feel, the guns feel heavy and loud and the movement is super fun. Co-op is good too.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Bloom: The Game.
syndicate-bloom.jpg

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I played this awhile back since it was pretty cheap. While it's nothing special (You don't really hear many people talk about it), it's not bad either. If you're in the mood for that era of shooters it gives you exactly what you're expecting. A decent action romp for a few hours (better if you have friends of course).

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
It's not a good syndicate game if that's what you're asking. Otherwise, it's kind of ok.

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
The single player is pretty fun - worth a playthrough. The co-op mode is fantastic; some of the best co-op I've played. If you can get a group of friends together on that, do it. We loved the co-op.

caylen

Publisher - Riot Games
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
santa monica
The story is underwhelming, it's absolutely not a "spiritual successor" to it's namesake, and it's not super long.

That said: it's a really really fun FPS single player campaign. The guns feel perfect, the almost all of the abilities are meaningful and feel fun, the enemy AI & diversity is damn good (really cool boss design imo!), and it looks/sounds cool as shit. I also really dug the multiplayer (servers are still up; it's a collaborative L4D type that also kinda feels like ME3 in the core loop?) but that's a bit more polarizing.

If it's on sale & you like "don't take it too seriously and just have fun" PC shooters, I strongly recommend it.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mechanically, it's the loose foundation for the new Wolfenstein games, sans stealth. So excellent gunplay and sound design.

The cyberpunk atmosphere is dope.

It has Michael Wincott in it.

Music is great.

Game's bloom is excessive. I made mod that strips it out, but it can be unstable.

Thriftweed

Nov 2, 2017
I picked it up on PS3 for ÂŁ1.50 recently and enjoyed my run through the single player campaign. The guns feel and sound great, the AI is pretty smart, and the overall atmosphere is excellent. The story isn't particularly engaging though so I can't really remember much about that aspect.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
I loved this game. Awesome style, beefy gun, and the way hacking was constantly used was super fun.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Game deserves a sequel. With the massive interest in Cyberpunk 2077, I don't understand why EA doesn't jump in with a new Syndicate.

There's a ton of potential.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I liked it! It helps that I have basically no memory of the original Syndicate, and it probably works better if you pretend this is basically unrelated. Also, I think the story ended in a particularly unsatisfying way if I remember correctly. But I remember it being fun to play, with the hacking abilities in particular being a neat take on non-shooting powers that popped up occasionally in shooters of the era (Bioshock, Singularity). I never got to play co-op but that mode in particular got a ton of praise from everyone lucky enough to play it.

Also, this is still one of my favourite encounters in a first-person shooter:

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I liked it well enough, but I can't remember anything about it besides corridors.