• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
The gates have now opened with a slew of new PS5 announcements, impressions, and footage rolling in. I feel like we're reaching a fevered pitch now with just 2 weeks from launch day.

• Astro's Playroom
  • Miles Morales
  • Demon's Souls
  • DualSense and it's haptic feedback
  • BUGSNAX free on PS+
  • PS+ Collection
  • Massive No Man's Sky PS5 update
  • Extremely slick looking console UI
  • New integrated PlayStation app
  • Positive impressions of the PULSE 3D headset

Everything is coming up Milhouse for us nerds that were able to nab preorders. I don't know about you guys but
tenor.gif

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
It's probably one of the best launch lineups I've seen. So many games in 21 too.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
ehh this sounded a bit console warey and didnt intend for it to go like that.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
Not even a joke, I know around 15 people that are HELLA stoked for PS5, and around 7 of them have pre-orders already made... If I'm comparing that to PS4 (Which almost all of my friends have), I was the ONLY ONE that pre ordered a PS4 and had it for the first few years of its lifetime.

I think PS5 is going to do huge numbers at launch lol. (From what I've heard from a source of one of the biggest retailers in Sweden, they have such a huge number of pre-orders of PS5's that they're out until AT LEAST May 2021)

Mung

Nov 2, 2017
The drip feeding may have caused concern to some on era but it was the right strategy as they are dominating the hype when it actually counts

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
Can't wait for Demon's Souls, Astro Bot, Sackboy and Miles at launch and then Ratchet in a few months!

And the DualSense has me hype AF. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
i am hyped in that there's alot of things to test and replay on the ps4 side of thingd on launch day. i am specifically holding back completing GoT and Tlou2 on the ps4 just for that.

Plus all the dualsense hype by the media this week got me very intrigued.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean did you see the new Demon's Souls footage? Beyond hyped right now.

And then there's Astro and the Dual Sense... I just can't... I wish it was the 19th already.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
I'm feeling about or close to how I was about the Switch in 2017, at this point. That was more about one specific game though, whereas this is about the new tech, a load of games and particularly Spider-Man.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Haven't pre-ordered any games and still have so many to play. Going to dig into Astro and BUGSNAX first.

DaleCooper

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not hyped at all. Will watch some Demon's Souls streams and call it a night. Will probably buy the Slim version in 2021.

/Grumpy old man signing off

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Excited, but discouraged because I wasn't able to preorder, so my hope rests in retail stores having stock. It's going to be like Black Friday, isn't it? :(

(From what I've heard from a source of one of the biggest retailers in Sweden, they have such a huge number of pre-orders of PS5's that they're out until AT LEAST May 2021)
OMG...

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
I'm honestly not very hyped. Launch line-up is, as almost always with any new console, not very exciting.

Bennibop

Oct 30, 2017
The dualshock and astrobot impressions raised my hype to about an 8/10 but the demon souls info has raised me to a solid 10. Plus bugsnax is free!!!!

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We suffered from Sony's silence but the last few days/weeks are showing it was quite clever from their part. Hype is through the roof!

I still don't believe how they can have this insane first-party launch lineup, after all the games they have already released earlier this year for the PS4.

And it's even crazier to remember what's coming in the first year, like Ratchet and Horizon.

Insane!

source.gif

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Not too hyped myself. I don't find much in the launch line up that appealing to me. I have a PS5 on pre-order, but I have yet to decide which 2 games to get. Right now Sackboy is my only game that I am really interested in. Demon's Souls looks incredible no doubt, but that last trailer did nothing for me. For the record, I never really played any of the Soul's games so I am not sure if they all are tight corridor games like this last trailer showed. But if there is another game I would get, I might get DS just because of how incredible it looks.

I know about 10 people getting the PS5 and 8 out 10 of them are also getting the Series X. In my circle of friends, it is almost a 50/50 split on which group is more hyped. I think it was the slow drip feed of information and nothing that is really great. But I am sure that will change as we get even closer to release.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
The best Launch lineup they could have for my personal taste I think, just incredible, can't wait to play Astro, Miles and Demon's Souls

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
The methodical build up paid off in the end, I think. They're sprinting into launch now. It's really exciting.

stoke1863

Oct 29, 2017
I'm deffo hyped and have my pre order paid up now, but charging ÂŁ70 for games has really really taken the edge off.

thebishop

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I'm a little disappointed there isn't a stronger next-gen showcase game. While Killzone Shadowfall was a bit formulaic as an FPS, it was a great demonstration of PS4's power over PS3. I expect that Miles Morales will be a great game, but not fully utilizing the PS5. Similarly Demons Souls, which looks amazing, is still gonna be based on a PS3 world design.

Even something like Wipeout designed exclusively for PS5 would be a good addition to the launch lineup.

And the DualSense has me hype AF. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Big same.

Chaystic

Mar 2, 2020
Switzerland
My hype is reaching critical levels.

I'm a little disappointed there isn't a stronger next-gen showcase game. While Killzone Shadowfall was a bit formulaic as an FPS, it was a great demonstration of PS4's power over PS3. I expect that Miles Morales will be a great game, but not fully utilizing the PS5. Similarly Demons Souls, which looks amazing, is still gonna be based on a PS3 world design.

Even something like Wipeout designed exclusively for PS5 would be a good addition to the launch lineup.

Demon's Souls is absolutely a next gen showcase, it doesn't matter that it's a remake of a PS3 game.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Demon's Souls
DualSense and it's haptic feedback
BUGSNAX free on PS+
PS+ Collection
Massive No Man's Sky PS5 update

Looking forward to all of these.

Especially demons souls
e28.jpg

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
What new demons souls trailer? I just woke up. I don't think I'm gonna watch it. We're too close now.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
One of the best launches of all time. Classics lined up. You could just buy the PS5 and nothing else and still have 21 amazing games to play.
(provided you have plus)

Hype on crazy right now!

KiDdYoNe

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I can't wait for the 19th. Though I'm waiting for 10th since fuck waiting for 19th ;)
I'm happy to play Sunset Overdrive and some other Xbox games meanwhile.