• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Has your weight changed during shelter in place?

• I have lost weight

Votes: 259 33.5%
  • I have maintained my weight

Votes: 294 38.1%
  • I have gained weight

Votes: 219 28.4%

• Total voters

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I've been eating out less of course but also snacking more than I normally would in the office as I'm WFH. So far it evens out.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Lost 5 more. Less activity, no gym, so I lowered my calorie intake. Shreds won't stop.

JJH

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My wife and daughter have been cooking and baking daily to pass time. My ass is not losing anything.

Whitemex

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I've been doing intermittent fasting for 2 months now. I've lost 10 pounds but since this all began I have plateaued. Definitely need to move more. At least I'm not gaining though

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm eating more but losing weight. Muscle mass is going down the shitter. Soon it will be gaining weight.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
I'm probably about the same. I've been stopping and getting fastfood on the way to work and have just been taking sandwiches with me, so that's good, but I've also been stopping and getting breakfast from places like Hardee's and stuff on the way home from work, so that's bad.

stuckpixel

Dec 27, 2017
I've been running more since I have more free time in the mornings (no commute plus don't have to get the kids ready for school). I've lost two pounds in the last two weeks.

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't weighed myself yet but I went off my diet. Don't think I was too bad but I've started tracking calories again.

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV
I was fat, and still am fat. Just because I'm not buying takeout doesn't mean the stuff I cook isn't absolutely loaded with butter and salt. I haven't gained any weight though, and considering I'm a bit more sedentary than usual, I feel like that's a win.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
I noticed I started gaining a little so I only eat two meals a day now. I'm back to where I was.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Unchanged for me because nothing's really changed in my life. I work retail, so I still go to work, and the only exercise I do is running up and down my street, which I can also still do.

DTJAAAAM

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Back on keto (primarily bacon, eggs, and summer sausage), and my home workouts have helped me make good progress to lowering my weight to my 160 lb goal.

blazenumb1

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Lost a few pounds but still working out from home 6 days a week(sometimes 2x a day since I'm currently furloughed). Oddly enough getting even more cut than I was before but also eating pretty healthy and strict(er).

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Still eat like before but can't walk, so... :(
I have an exercise bike though, but walking works much more better for me.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Maintained. I eat essentially the same amount. I'm eating more, but mainly snacking since I'm around a bunch of bite sized things rather than what I did when I worked, which was eat larger meals because I wasn't around stuff to snack on.

144 right now, which is what I was at at the beginning of the month. Need to get back to below 140 though.

Bend

Oct 27, 2017
Losing, working out like crazy and cooking at home a lot more. Probably eating significantly less as well. Feel lucky to have a treadmill and a lot of weights

Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County
Guys I'm getting so fat.
I lift so hard at the gym that now that I have to switch to home workouts I'm like.... Nah this thing can only go so long Ill just eat some more cereal.

No joke I can't even remember the last time I was hungry since I'm eating so non stop I'm not giving my body the time necessary to even do an inventory of whats in my stomach and send a signal to my brain to let me know its time to eat again

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
I've somehow lost 4 pounds. I did switch to zero sugar soda and definitely eat less fast food but I'm not working out besides the physical labor of my work so I'm baffled yet impressed by it lol

Quad Lasers

Oct 26, 2017
Somehow cutting out cardio has sped up my weight loss and given me way fewer fluctuations.

Don't know how to explain that one.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
Fine. I've been running outdoors almost every day. It hasn't changed at all.

PuppetMinion

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Losing weight, working from home, so no more going out to eat l lunch, means lower calorie meals.

Also since I am eating out of the cupboard, yesterday was the first time I shopped food for 2 weeks, I don't pick up snacks as often I did when shopping more often.

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
Unfortunately I was in the process of switching immunosuppressant medication when this started popping off. I'm supposed to start Actemra infusions soon but right now I'm on 40mg if prednisone a day.

So yeah.

I've gained weight :(

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I have way more time to work out now (treadmill + dumbbells) and I'm going out less for snacks and meals, so easy weight loss.

Trying to build up muscle though, haven't had as much luck.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
I've had a couple different doctors appointments for other things these last 2 weeks and I'm down 10 pounds since January so pretty good I'd say. I had gastric bypass and my surgeon wanted me to lose 20lbs by this next November and I've already lost 15 since my last appointment.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
I've put on weight for sure. But I think it's more the side effect of a drug I'm on.

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
Being overweight seems to effect your survival chances so try to lose/maintain if you can.

Excess weight also appears to be a significant risk factor; over 70% of patients were overweight, obese or clinically obese on the body mass index scale.
www.theguardian.com

Coronavirus: new figures on intensive care deaths revealed

Findings of new report raise concerns about how effective new facilities will be

Personally I've lost weight. I was heading that way anyway but no office cakes, lunches out or piss ups have accelerated the process. Plus the lack of food at the supermarket, using three eggs for breakfast is no longer an option.

Got to try to maintain now, don't want to lose anymore.

Last edited:

AYZON

Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Going for a lot of walks with my dog and not eating different from before so I lost 3 Kg (~6lbs) over the past weeks. Though I actually would rather gain weight.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not working out anymore (since no gyms) but I think I may eat less because of it.. so far it seems like I'm maintaining the weight but the boredom will surely lead to a little gain sooner or later

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I was on track to be losing some weight since the start of the year. Now I'm really worried to go to the gym these days, even if they do provide sanitizing sprays to use on the equipment before use. But I'm also worried about gaining weight again, which usually happens when I stop my routine.

Maybe it's time to try out Ring Fit.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
12½ back in February (I weigh myself once a month) and am now 12st 4lbs.

I have been active outside in our garden and doing a little bit of painting and decorating indoors, as well as eating smaller portions too so, I seem to have loss a little bit of weight in the process!

PlatypusDude

Oct 25, 2017
Lost 50 pounds last year so been working on maintaining that even during the social distancing. 210-ish to 160-ish for reference. So far been stable and maybe down a pound or two from where I was before all this, weight around 158 lbs on average.

Monsterqken

Dec 26, 2019
I'm up to running 10 km daily now and follow a "100 consecutive push up program" (for fun).
Probably less deffed tough since I've been baking a lot.

Oct 30, 2017
I've been bulking since September 2019, and in the middle of the phase I've had a hard time going on a calorie surplus to gain muscle mass. Now, I'm having an easier time gaining weight despite eating the same food, with little to no eating out. Maybe because my workouts have been less strenuous, I don't know, and most of it is fat instead of muscle. I hope not, though. I was 140 lbs and now I'm at 158 lbs.

DarKaoZ

Oct 25, 2017
I have lost weight, I was 192 lbs and now I'm 185lbs. My ideal weight is 178-180, so this is helping!

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I've been bulking since September 2019, and in the middle of the phase I've had a hard time going on a calorie surplus to gain muscle mass. Now, I'm having an easier time gaining weight despite eating the same food, with little to no eating out. Maybe because my workouts have been less strenuous, I don't know, and most of it is fat instead of muscle. I hope not, though. I was 140 lbs and now I'm at 158 lbs.
Bruh you've been bulking for nearly 6 months and are only at 158lbs, up from 140? That's kinda scary.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I think I've been eating less because of being mindful of how much I have in. Doubt I've lost any weight yet, but I could see me doing so after a month or two of this.

infinitebento

Oct 25, 2017
chicago
i lost weight only because my anxiety has been so high that eating is difficult

im cooking a lot more now for my sister though so this is encouraging me to eat at least a normalish amount again

Oct 30, 2017
Bruh you've been bulking for nearly 6 months and are only at 158lbs, up from 140? That's kinda scary.
Oh, is that a lot or not too much? I aim for 0.5 - 1 lbs of weight gain per week, and there was a period of time where I was hovering around ~150 lbs for so long until I changed my workout routine and ate a bit more. It worked, and for the past couple of weeks, I haven't had a hard time gaining weight every week. I'm 5'5," and I'm going to start cutting starting June.

Jyrii

Oct 27, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
It is not really related to the isolation, but I haven't drunk any alcohol this year, stopped eating sugar and run three times a week + walk a lot during the "rest" days. Pretty easy to maintain even with the isolation.

I have lost over 10 kilograms during this year.