• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Has your weight changed during shelter in place?

• I have lost weight

Votes: 259 33.5%
  • I have maintained my weight

Votes: 294 38.1%
  • I have gained weight

Votes: 219 28.4%

• Total voters

Sectorseven

Oct 25, 2017
I've heard stories of some people saying they have lost weight because they haven't been going out to eat or stretching out the foods they normally buy.

Conversely, I have heard other people who have gained weight because they haven't exercised as much or eating more out of anxiety/comfort foods.

Where do you fall?

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
i weighed 200 rite before quarantine orders now i probably weigh 5 less pounds. i havent really been hungry during all this. i feel thinner

Lyrick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Probably slowly gaining. I'm eating less, but I'm also a lot less active when working from home.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Maintained for the most part which is bad.

I wanna lose it lol.

Though I did lose about 1-2 pounds over the past 2 weeks.

Nov 17, 2017
I always used the scale at my gym so I have no idea how much I weigh now lol. I imagine I've lost a few pounds because I had been bulking all winter and I'm simply not eating as much now.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
Overall, fine. I'm usually a gym 5-6x times a week person and I was sort of heading towards losing weight for the summer, but now I'm trying to run/use home weights and it's... fine.

I did down an entire thing of family sized peanut m&ms and Chex mix the other day so that wasn't awesome.

Last edited:

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't own a scale where I'm staying now, but I'm sure I've lost weight. I have to work pretty hard to gain weight, so it's pretty annoying knowing I probably lost weight.

dark_prinny

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm gaining more muscle actually. Still bulking and working out 2 hours 6 days a week instead of 5 đź’Ş. Very clean and strict bulking tho.

ZedLilIndPum

Oct 27, 2017
Constant stress eating, a mix of healthy stuff (fresh fruit) and crap (chips). I haven't dared to weigh myself but I feel heavier for sure.

Apr 4, 2019
Greater Toronto Area
I've gone from 117 pounds to 115 pounds. Which is nothing abnormal with me. My weight tends to flucuate between 110-120 pounds. It all depends on how much running, sleep, and eating I get in on a week.

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
I'm actually on a cut now getting ready for the summer dropping a pound a week. It's actually more easier now that i'm home.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Probably not. My weight barely fluctuates at all. Hasn't since I was a teenager.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty stable thus far. I'm consuming roughly the same amount of calories (less protein and more carbs though, unfortunately).

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Stable.

Work our 5 times a week at home, 45 minutes tops. Not being able to go to the gym is no excuse.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Lost about five pounds this month due to anxiety and eating fewer sugary snacks. Need to use the weight bench more.

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017
I've lost weight. Mostly because I haven't had any takeaway in like a month at this stage, and I can't justify going to the grocery store just to buy snacks.

Been doing some home fitness as well since I would usually walk a lot and can't now.

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
Lost about 3 pounds of muscle do far. I'm sad as I feel a bit less fit even with Ring Fit and Wii Balance board.

Kitsunebaby

Oct 27, 2017
Annapolis, Maryland
I've lost some weight. Not going out to eat, no drinking booze, and keeping snacks out of the house has definitely helped me cut calories. Lost a good deal of water weight. Gotta work on maintaining these better habits.

Unfortunately, I've been craving pizza for weeks now.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've been eating less overall as well as less junk by not ordering fast food. Despite not exercising the drastic change of going from fast food every day to straight up not at all probably dropped my weight

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
I haven't been getting any exercise but that's really my fault. Should change that tomorrow.

Prophet Steve

Oct 26, 2017
Since I felt I needed to compensate for not using the bicycle for work and wanted to exercise more anyway I'm way more active at home and try to eat more.

So...kind of gaining weight but in a good way?

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017
Still losing weight as planned. Probably dropping another 10 pounds before I start bulking again.

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
Actually down a few pounds...eating at home and cooking is maybe better for you than take out or fast food 5 days a week, as it turns out

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Not sure but my guess would be gained a couple. I'm low carb and basically never eat sugar but past couple of weeks I've treated myself to chips, a loaf of bread for PB sandwiches and some sweets and shit. I typically work out 8-10 times a week and with the gym closed have been doing home workouts but no real cardio, just lifting, although I am going bike riding.

My weight is stable though. I've been hovering just under 160 for years now.

Sacrilicious

Oct 30, 2017
Losing weight at a pretty good pace. I started dieting less than a month before it and didn't lose much until this all started, but it has really helped clamp down on my diet completely.

I rarely working out anymore though, I should start using weights and doing basic cardio. I've lost a bit of muscle mass as a result.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I've always had trouble gaining weight, but I guess I've also had trouble losing it. I've literally been roughly the same weight since HS, and that was 10 years ago (which is like 110 lbs. I've always been fairly underweight (I'm a 5'6" guy)).

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Was losing weight before. Still am, getting even more workout time. Lifting 5x and running 4x a week.