• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How did your employer handle the crisis?

• Very well, there's not much I could criticize

Votes: 165 54.6%
  • There are/were some issues but they are understandable considering the magnitude

Votes: 63 20.9%
  • It could have been handled way better but it's not THE worst I guess

Votes: 39 12.9%
  • Absolutely terrible, it is/was a complete disaster

Votes: 16 5.3%
  • I was let go because of it

Votes: 8 2.6%
  • I'm self-employed

Votes: 8 2.6%
  • I don'

Votes: 3 1.0%

• Total voters

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I've been working from home 100% since March and will continue to be for the forseeable future, regardless of what state and federal government say. The building is locked down to only a short list of allowed personnel (only some on-site IT people to restart machines if need be, or other tasks like that, and security). It's been locked down for about two months now and will continue to be for a least a few more weeks, and I would expect they will extend it again.

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They stopped scheduling 10 employees, but won't lay them off so they can't apply for wage benefits. They're also closing a day or two a week so they lose income and can apply for the government business wage subsidy. In other words, my employer is a piece of trash.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Fairly well. It helps my job operates in closed bars at night so we dont have to worry about social distancing. We wear gloves and wash hands after every audit we perform.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They didn't win a popularity contest right when the state shut down. All they said was "job is still running you are expected to show up"

People were also cranky and the first week or so as arguments as to how we're considered essential would come up. As more time passed and both the company issued multiple statements and fixed systems up to take into account safety, the attitude has done a 180. Folks are now grateful we even have a job when millions of others don't.