• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I got a whole a bunch of those drawstring dressy style pants. My office was always casual so I did jeans, but jeans aren't as comfy as these.

This is an example:

www.everlane.com

The Air Chino Drawstring Pant

This is summer's easiest pant. Our Air Chino lightweight 4.2 oz cotton poplin has ample 4% stretch that really moves. We paired that fabric with casual pull-on styling and a drawstring waistband for belt-free comfort.

I also got a couple of long sleeve henleys. I need to be on camera based on my job for Zoom calls, but my usual polos and collared shirt seemed overkill, especially WFH. I would stand out compared to peers and clients.

But basically more athleisure since it's so comfy and more cross functional. I can't remember the last time I bought a pair of chinos, much less wore them.

Deleted member 6173

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
None of my work clothes from March fit anymore. Now I just wear raggedy clothes around the house.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It didn't. I don't have enough clothes to change my behaviour from slightly smarter shirts and slacks on weekdays and poloshirt and Jeans on weekends anyway. Can't get more either because I don't want to just throw away a bunch of clothes when I finish up my work contract because things wouldn't fit in my suitcase.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I no longer am obligated to wear clothes, which has reduced my laundry churn significantly.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I haven't worn chinos, any shirt with buttons or anything other than sneakers/slippers since mid March lol

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Yep. Not exactly the same but similar stuff, I got way more joggers and shorts to just lounge around the house in. Since rather than just the odd few lazy week-ends it's lazy weeks now.

bgbball31

Oct 25, 2017
I am in athletic shorts and athletic t-shirts pretty much all day every day. Comfortable? Yes. Ignoring 99% of the rest of my wardrobe I spent money on and enjoy wearing? Also yes.

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Jeans with button-ups and boots became shorts with button-ups and bare feet.

I've worn socks and shoes maybe...10 times since quarantine started.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
I'm in my pyjamas like 90% of the time, which sucks, but I'm also like why get dressed up and add to the laundry pile just to sit at home. Basically only get changed to work out, get groceries, or go for walks.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
baggier clothes... pretty ashamed of the weight i've gained though its nothing egregious. not even weight gain just my overall "shape" is schlumpy

aett

Oct 27, 2017
Northern California
I never feel quite right wearing my PJ pants all day, even on weekends, so I just change into shorts or jeans depending on whether or not I'm going out in public that day.

My office's dress code was very lax (t-shirt/jeans was allowed) but our managers strongly "encouraged" office casual (buttoned up shirt/slacks) simply because many of my coworkers would have occasional meetings with people outside our office, and management wanted to give a sense of professionalism. However, my job never did anything outside of the office, but I still did the office casual thing for several years. I finally decided to just switch to a t-shirt with an unbuttoned shirt over it and jeans, but only did it for three months before we got sent home because of COVID anyway.

Edit:

baggier clothes... pretty ashamed of the weight i've gained though its nothing egregious. not even weight gain just my overall "shape" is schlumpy

Ah, yeah, I didn't think about that. Yeah, I've been overweight for a while, so I had shirts that fit me for work, and I had much baggier shirts just for lounging around comfortably at home. I've pretty much only been wearing the baggier shirts for the last several months because I've put on extra weight.

Nov 2, 2017
I'm wearing boxer briefs and a t-shirt. Yesterday I wore boxer briefs and a t-shirt. Tomorrow I'm going to wear boxer briefs and a t-shirt.

Oct 25, 2017
My work dropped the strict-ish work clothes rule and allowed us to wear jeans and T-shirts, and then (so far) hasn't made us go back.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wear polyester short shorts and fitness shirts from Underarmour every day. It's comfy and I change them after except using in them.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the title said "stress", not "dress", so when I read the OP I thought those drawstring chinos were some kind of coping therapy.

My work-hours dress hasn't changed much, but I make more a point of dressing up when I go out, even just for coffee, just to feel some sense of normalcy.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
Jeans and t shirts.
Nice not having to wear work clothes anymore. I️ do way less laundry now.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
What are bras?

My camera set up doesn't show my chest so I can get away with it.

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
In the summer, shorts (t-shirt optional, it gets hot here). In the winter, pajama pants and a shirt.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
I'm wfh, but still dress up a little bit. Before my shift I drop the kids off at daycare, so I have to be dressed. Then I just stay in the jeans until I pick them up later.

Our training also suggested: dress right, work right.

I understand the mentality. Same boat as look good, feel good.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
I haven't worn a dress shirt ever since the pandemic began. Been wearing sweatpants alot more.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
Well now that I'm working from home, I haven't worn any formal wear for a while. I'm a lawyer and I did have to wear a suit for a Zoom deposition a few months ago.

I typically get up, start work with whatever I have on, and throw on something decent for my daily meeting (just a decent looking shirt...I keep the shorts on).

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
I can no longer wear pants, hell, I can't wear anything other than 3" inseam running shorts🤷🏻‍♀️
Skies out thighs out!

Sep 14, 2019
I've only worn shoes 2 times since the pandemic started. I wear soft slippers or wannabe crocs now.

The last time I wore shoes I had a hard time walking with them and kept tripping every few seconds. It was totally weird.

Aside from that, I usually just wear PJs, basketball shorts, or sweat pants.

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Really lazy. Jeans and hoodies right now. Where I work they are letting us dress down every day so no more dress pants, tucked in shirts and ties.
Though I do like dressing up, I do it every so often anyway this year.

Nov 17, 2017
relax_sokka_where_we34dd717887.gif

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Like no teachers at school are wearing a shirt and tie because we only have a handful of kids actually in school every day and we've stopped caring. I've been wearing jeans but... I gotta look into these drawstring pants.

thesoapster

Oct 25, 2017
MD, USA
My work week attire was business casual. Now I wear basically anything I feel like (often pajama pants and some old shirt). Non-work attire is largely unchanged.

dubc

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I wear jeans like I did at work, but usually with a t-shirt or hoodie instead of a button up tucked in.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't worn a suit in almost a year and it feels liberating. I'm dressed like a sack of potatoes 6 days out of the week.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Our service in the hospital now allows us to wear scrubs on a daily basis instead of wearing a buttoned down shirt and pants like we used to do pre-pandemic.

Don't see us ever going back, thankfully.

One of the very few silver linings of this pandemic.

Many

Sep 17, 2018
I'm not using sweaters or any winter clothes becasue I'm not going out early in the morning or late night

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It went from loungewear (sweats and hoodie) during the night to loungewear everyday.

It's not like I can exactly dress up anymore, and I ain't doing it just to go to Walmart to get some groceries.