• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Has your sleep schedule been impacted by COVID-19/Shelter at home?

• Yes, I've been staying up later.

Votes: 267 51.6%
  • Yes, I've been going to sleep earlier.

Votes: 32 6.2%
  • No, nothing has changed.

Votes: 218 42.2%

• Total voters

timshundo

CANCEL YOUR AMAZON PRIME
Oct 27, 2017
CA
My sleep cycle has always been hecka fucked but now i sleep at 4am but my body still wants to wake up at 9am. So I do that, get really tired around 2pm, then take a 2-3 hour nap. :| I hate it. I hate naps. I get nap breath, nap stomach, nap headache, nap dizziness. HATE.

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I still need to get up at 8 for work, so not much has changed for weekdays. I'm just playing way more games and therefore, more screen time, which is not good for sleep. Almost feels like my college days, before work.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
I might stay up later than usual as I'm working from home, but I still wake up at the same time as I always do, just before 05:am, So I guess I'm sleeping less. In general I would still say barely nothing has changed.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
Go to bed earlier. I mean, I just lay around all day. What am I staying up late for? When I went to the office, I'd get home later and want some hours to myself. Working from home and I have so much time to myself.

sven

Oct 31, 2017
I'm sleeping more. I am going to bed earlier and getting up at about the same time. Without the dread of having to go to work the next day it's much easier to get to sleep and stay that way.

ClamBuster

Oct 27, 2017
Ipswich, England
soon as lockdown went into effect, i thought 'right i cannot get lazy'

so bed by 11pm, alarm goes off at 6am, and out running a 5k by 7am... this is day 7 and i haven't missed a beat

this lockdown has actually made me more structured

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
I'm working 30 hours a week instead of 40 now so I get to sleep until 8:30AM which honestly is amazing.

Glasfrut

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sleeping waaaay better. Finally got my lack of sleep fixed. Been more rested, and been getting 6 to 8 hours in, sometimes 9 (I used to get 4 or 5, sometimes 3).

Novoitus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was pretty good (falling asleep 11pm/12am, waking up 7/8am). But my best friend of 15 years just died unexpectedly 3 days ago, so these last two days I've been not sleeping well and drinking and sleeping later.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
I go to sleep at my usual time but wake up a few hours later because i don't have to physicaly go to work.

If anything, i sleep better.

Travo

Oct 27, 2017
South Carolina
Yes. I toss and turn all night. I get up about three to four hours after falling asleep and have to hang in the living room for about an hour before I'm tired enough to go back to sleep.

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
Eh a bit. That video of the guy filming that scene outside the hospital in Brooklyn has me a bit upset and really worried. I can sleep fine but I do get upset like tonight. Also my state is getting hit badly right now.

amanset

Oct 28, 2017
Working from home, so I still need to keep the same hours. I have a video conference at 9;30am every day for my "stand up", so I have to be around for that.

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
Have been in self isolation, working from home by myself for 2.5 weeks now. Still waking up at the same time, going to sleep a little earlier. Managing to get 8 hours sleep for a change instead of the 6 I could only manage before for the last few years.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
I get up half an hour later now because I don't have to worry about my commute but otherwise it hasn't really changed. In bed at around half ten/eleven during the week and generally between midnight and one at the weekends.

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
I am trying to keep my workday schedule from Monday to Friday. Wake up 6:30am, go to bed 10:00pm
Only change is that I have a slow morning,
wake up 6:30, long Breakfast, a bit of a workout, shower, then Media time, start prepping lunch around 11am to be able to eat at around 12am, then doing some tasks if available, if not then go for a walk for 90mins, come back, read or game, dinner around 6:30, then just browsing the web, gaming or a movie.
Weekends are for sleeping-in, rest is mostly the same.

Been in lockdown mode since mid March. I don't really count weekdays anymore, Living from day to day.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
For the past 3 years I've worked part time by choice to get my kids to school and pick them up. Now I wake up at 3am, go to work, come home and homeschool my kids.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
It hasn't, I sleep at 11, wake up at 7. My body literally won't make me do anything else.

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
Normally I have to clock into work at 2:30pm, so I would wake up at 2pm. Get out at 11pm. I've only been out of work 3 days really and yea I don't care about time anymore. It is almost 5 right now, normally Id be like gotta go to bed, but now? eh its fine.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
I'm trying to get to bed a bit earlier now that I'm getting up at 4:30-5AM in order to be at work by 6AM, but I'm still going to bed at about 10PM. My office's plan to reduce the amount of foot traffic was to split the team into two separate shifts with no overlap. I would usually get up at 7AM and be at work by 8:30AM, but this new schedule sure beats the other half of the team's evening/night shift where I wouldn't be getting home until nearly midnight.

Nov 1, 2017
I'm pretty much set to wake up between 6-6:30 everyday now from work. Even working from home it's still pretty much the same. I do get tired more quickly working from home though which I'm guessing is from boredom.

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
Instead of shutting off my tv and sleeping at midnight, I *gasps* shut it off at 12:30am.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
My neibhor is here all the time now with her boyfriend who snores. The walls are super thin and they come back at like 2AM every night and talk/argue until 4.

Screw these people.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
The only major change is I'm sleeping in an extra 30 minutes since I don't need to dress myself up and drive to work anymore. My dog doesn't let me sleep in much anyway, and she starts to nag and whine if I stay up to late, so my sleep hasn't changed much.