• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Has your sleep schedule been impacted by COVID-19/Shelter at home?

• Yes, I've been staying up later.

Votes: 267 51.6%
  • Yes, I've been going to sleep earlier.

Votes: 32 6.2%
  • No, nothing has changed.

Votes: 218 42.2%

• Total voters

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
I've been noticing a trend with some friends on twitter, where folks are starting to kinda throw normal sleep schedules out the window, and are regularly staying up until 4-5AM nowadays. It's got me thinking, and I'm curious if there's a larger trend at play here.

FWIW, my sleep schedule already wasn't great before this all hit, and being stuck at home is 100% not helping. How about everyone else?

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
Nothing has changed for me, 12pm to 8am most days. Most people I know who go to sleep at those hours are people who had terrible sleeping habits in the first place.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Still get up early as always but if I don't do some hard exercise every day I find it hard to get over now. Just because I'm not on my feet as much with work.

Oct 28, 2017
Had some PTO allotted for a concert I was planning on attending Thursday. Instead, I've been staying up till like 4am marathoning DVD favorites like Underworld and Con Air for the past few days.

I need to wake up at 8am and WFH tomorrow. Shouldn't be too bad.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Nothing's been changed.

I still go to sleep at 11:00pm and still wake up at 5am/5:30AM like I have been doing for years. I also sleep fast and easy.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
My symptoms have routinely been worsening at night and waking me up around 3am, so... schedule's the same, but sleep quality is inconsistent.

Dany

Oct 29, 2017
seattle
Still working at the clinic, might be deployed to work in hospital with some "accelerated modules" to speed me up to the task. Sleep is not affected, unless I do nightshift

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I've been staying up until 3 AM and waking up at like 11 AM lately. It sucks. Being out of work for this long just screws up my routine so badly.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why because I go to bed at the same time but I've been having exceptionally poor sleep and am tired all day

Kohlbiri

Apr 3, 2019
I generally still go to bed at the same time but I get a bit more sleep now that I don't have to commute.

Grain Silo

Dec 15, 2017
I'm working reduced hours on a morning shift, 6 AM to 12 PM. I like it as these are the quietest times of the day. Going to work while it's still night is wild.

Fanuilos

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I've been going to sleep at the same time, but I noticed this past week that I've been snapping awake two-three hours before my alarm goes off.

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
It fixed my sleeping schedule.
Now I dont have to get up at 6:30 to be in work at 8:30 so I just wake up at 8:20 and turn on my PC.
Also, since I cant go to the gym, take salsa classes, and I dant have to travel 1 hour from work to my house, I have so much extra time on the afternoon that I'm sleeping a little early.

I0m finally sleeping 8 hours per day lol.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I still work and so does my wife, but since I work from home and have no commute, I could totally go to sleep like an hour earlier than normal, but I don't end up doing that, so I go to sleep around 2:30 a.m. just like before, though my wife forces me to wake up earlier on the days where I work and she doesn't, so I wake up at 6:50 on those days, and on the other days, whenever my son wakes up, so usually around 8:30 or 9.

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Sleeping in longer as I don't have to get kids ready/take them to school.

Viewt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
The fact that I can send a few Slack messages and then stay in bed until 8:30 or so is nice, so I've been staying up until 11:30 or Midnight on work nights. Usually, I'd be heading to bed at 10 or 10:30.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I'm all messed up, waking up at 11 or 12 going to bed at like 4 or 5, I'm trying to fix it now since it's affecting my work quality

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
Same as always. But I do get time to play games before work in the morning that used to be wasted getting ready and commuting

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
I go to bed a few hours later but I still get up at 8 a.m. to start working from home.

I should probably check with my boss if I even need to be "available" my usual shift or if I can make my own hours.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
Been able to work at home (work that involves getting the message out to local residents) so I do have a bit more loose of a schedule that allows me to not worry about getting ready to go, etc. Kinda just on call all the time.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I am keeping the same patterns. I get up the same time and instead of commute for 90 minutes I go for a walk at 6am and since I am working from home I get to my desk around the same time I normally would.

I go to bed at the same time as well. I am trying to keep everything the same to avoid new bad habits.

AlecKoKuTan

Oct 29, 2017
Irvine, CA
Guess it sort of depends on if you're daily routine is effected or not. I went from teleworking two days per week to 100%. I'm actually hitting sleep goals for once in a really long time. Most of my waking time was at work and in traffic, till now.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Nah I'm one of those strange folk who wakes up at the exact same time each day without aid of alarm

WillRobBanks

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to bed later (like an hour) but I'm waking up 2 hours later. It's great. I had been going to bed at 10:30 - 11, up between 5:45 and 6. Now I am in bed at like 11:30 and up at 7:30.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
After a few weeks of having trouble sleeping due to anxiety/dread, I've adapted to a 3 AM to 10 AM schedule.

I probably won't be able to break out of it until work starts up again.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Well i have to work anyway, but since i work from home i get to sleep eight full hours every night which has been a SAVER

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
I have young kids so it didn't change much. We "let them" get up 15 minutes later (they have an electric sheep next to their bed which tells them when they can get out of bed) and there's less rush in the morning to get to school, so it's all a bit more relaxed. But I usually sleep too little and now it's slightly better.

Oct 30, 2017
I've been working from home, so I get to sleep in and not have to prepare to go to work, but then I also sleep at later times now. During the weekends, I end up waking up at 12 or 1 PM. :(

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I keep the same exact work schedule in bed by 9:30, wake up by 5am.