• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How hard?

• Not hard. I live free. I walk naked in front of windows a lot.

Votes: 111 30.3%
  • Eh, the blinds are mostly closed. I'm fine.

Votes: 94 25.7%
  • They'd have to work for it but it's not impossible.

Votes: 104 28.4%
  • This place is Fort Knox. Agent 47 couldn't even see my undies.

Votes: 57 15.6%

• Total voters
Oct 27, 2017
Sitcoms lied to us. They told us if we moved to the big city, one day we'd look out at a neighboring apartment and see a whole lot of nudity through that window. But the truth is most people work hard to avoid being partially or fully unclothed in front of a window. People are shy and don't really want to expose people to sights they may not want to see. But compromises must be made to the security of your genitalia to ensure a comfortable, free-flowing environment. Sure, maybe someone could see in your underwear watching TV but they'd have to get real close to the window and peek around a corner. And no one is going to work that hard for you. Or hey, I'm just going to walk past this window naked. The chances of someone watching my window closely enough and at the right angle are pretty slim.

I used to be super worried back when I had a window that basically looked out over my whole studio apartment. And my cat could open the vertical blinds a bit. But I've relaxed a bit over the years. I have a patio that has some shielding from prying eyes but you can kinda see through it. So some weirdo could sneak behind my neighbors and peak over during a rare instance where I'm differently clothed and didn't close the blinds. But, weirdos, this ain't worth it.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
giphy.gif

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Our bedroom is on the second story of our house which is surrounded by trees. Pretty sure the only thing that can see in is the possums that frequent our balcony.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm on the first floor of an apartment complex with a trail behind me. I guess if someone wanted to walk up and look through the window when I was naked (and I don't waltz around naked so...) they could if that was their thing.
I never close the blinds because one of our cats would completely fuck them up.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
There's a heritage building next to our apartment (which is about a dozen floors up), so someone would need to definitely need equipment to see into our bedroom. From another window, someone might be able to see us shirtless if we were walking around naked in the living room, but the lighting isn't so great in our apartment that it'd be will defined. Not in that spot of the apartment, anyway.

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
I've definitely had my curtains closed more during covid because I feel more exposed being at home so much. Previously I'd see my neighbor across the street and one building down standing naked in his kitchen every two months or so. It's far enough away that I can't really see the guy very well so I've probably passed him on the street without recognizing him.

I lived in another apartment with a bathroom facing the alley. Sometimes I'd be brushing my teeth at night and glance down to the unit across the way and see those neighbors walking around fully nude and looking like they were getting ready for sex/bed.

tormented

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
My childhood bedroom obnoxiously had two massive windows that were extremely easy to gaze into from the street. The worst part was that one of them was in the direct line of sight of my next-door neighbor's porch. When I was maybe 10 or 11 they commented to me that they often saw me farting around in there, and it was probably supposed to be a funny quip since they were geezers, but I had my curtains essentially stapled shut from then on (which my dad fucking hated, but whatever man).

CupOfDoom

Dec 17, 2017
I guess if someone was really determined they could catch a glimpse. The only real way to see into my apartment is if you go on the roof of a nearby building so I don't stress it too much.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
Either I keep the blinds down and the cat tears them up wanting to sit in the window, or I keep them slightly raised and take chances that I forget curtains are pulled back while walking out of the shower.

mentok15

Dec 20, 2017
Australia
Given my size I'd say pretty easy.

More seriously I live in a suburban house with a front yard with trees. Unless I'm standing right against the window with the blind open you're not going to see anything.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not gonna lie, I like to sorta let my fellow hang loose sometimes when I'm sat at the pc and I've got a big wiiiiiide window that normally doesn't have the blinds closed. My pc is in my bedroom so I'm not super exposed but if my neighbour looked out their window they could see my fellow out and about.

Oct 28, 2017
Our master bathroom has enormous, oddly shaped windows and an equally enormous mirror (of course in the perfect alignment with the shower), I imagine it would be impossibly easy for anyone with a pair of cheap binoculars... as long as they were looking out of the upstairs windows of the house behind ours. Good thing I'm not terribly body shy, I guess?

Deraldin

Oct 25, 2017
I have my windows blacked out so I can sleep during the day. 0% chance of anyone being able to see anything in my room.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Blinds are mostly closed but also I don't really care.

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
If people want to take a gander, so be it. No shame.

IconGrist

Oct 26, 2017
My upstairs neighbor in my last apartment used to just hang out on his balcony naked. Sometimes when I'd come home from work he'd be standing there looking around leaning on the banister and wave to me and say hi. It was jarring at first but then it was pretty normal to see him like that and no one else in our complex seemed to care.

I personally don't roam about naked to any real degree of consistency but there has been a time or two where someone caught me through a patio door where the blinds weren't entirely as shut as I thought. I only felt bad because obviously it wasn't my intention for anyone to see me naked, especially without warning, but I have no qualms about being naked in general.

Temp_User

Oct 30, 2017
I always keep my blinds down but against an enterprising peeper its probably not much of a cover.

SOBOSLDR

Nov 27, 2017
Not hard at all I live next to a busy park footpath, and there are people walking by almost all the time, we don't have blinds on the kitchen window and I frequently walk around naked.

My only window nudity story was when I went to Osaka. I went to Tsutenkaku tower and used the telescope on top, I was swinging it around looking at stuff and found a window with a woman putting her clothes on.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
It should be easier but my windows just aren't big enough.

Also I'm on the top floor of an apartment building, so I guess non-residents kind of have to want it pretty bad.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
1. Unless someone looks down from a higher floor, they can't see below your waist line. Try it out - put your head on "dick height" and look out the window.

2. Don't forget that, when you look out from your window, what's through the window occupies much of your FoV, when you look inside a window from tens of meters away, it's only a very small angle, you actually see a very small amount of what's happening inside.

3. If it's brighter outside than it is inside, the glare will make it harder to see what's inside. If, however, it's dark outside and you have the lights on, people will be able to see what's going on inside, and the brightly lit window in an otherwise dark setting will additionally attract people's stares.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
I have no curtain and I live in front of a beach in Spain. While I don't deliberately walk naked close to my window, I'm pretty sure that a few people had the privilege to witness my dangling dong. I have the last 2 floors of my building though, so one needs to specifically look up.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
My apartment is "L" shaped and my unit is on the lower part of the L, 2nd floor. So yeah, it's possible if the folks on the higher floors (especially 3rd and 4th) peek on me but I have set up some curtains.

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
I have encountered the "Woman undressed in front of a window" trope three times in my life, in which I did a polite British raised eyebrows "oops" and carried on with what I was doing. To my knowledge, I've never entertained any passers-by.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
I live in Scotland and it's Winter, so right now I consider lounge wear to be only 3 layers of jumpers rather than 6. So there's no chance of anyone seeing my bits through the window. But in the Summer though they could easily catch a glimpse of a bollock or two, we're on the ground floor. I couldn't care though, if you don't want to see my dick then don't look in my fucking window. That's a you problem.

Oct 31, 2017
The sun rises facing my living room window and I like to tan there fully nude a few days a week. It is what it is.

I am a Bird

Oct 31, 2017
Look my wife broke the blinds and my work schedule was busy. Just don't look in my window between 4 and 5, that's willie's time.

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
I have a big ass 2m wide 1.5m tall window in my bedroom. But the lower .5m part of the window is acid etched so my junk is blurred to outside viewers. Bathroom window is the same but fully acid etched. I did it like that so my shower glass wouldn't be.

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
Really easy. I have a massive penis.

Sorry, let me rephrase "an average ERA sized penis"

Ashdroid

Oct 27, 2017
I live in an apartment complex, but all my windows look out into a field, so I'm good. Until a neighbor walks by.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
I'm always baffled when I walk past houses and the blinds/curtains aren't closed. Like, how can people not be aware I'm able to look in and see everything?

Unless that's their kink or something.