• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Using DBZ power levels, what quality are you expecting from the game?

• SS Blue Gogeta

Votes: 44 3.8%
  • SSJ2 Gohan

Votes: 129 11.1%
  • Piccolo

Votes: 366 31.5%
  • Krillin

Votes: 313 26.9%
  • Yamcha

Votes: 201 17.3%
  • Yajirobe

Votes: 110 9.5%

• Total voters

Soulnado

Alt account
Banned
Nov 7, 2019
The game comes out next week. The game looks absolutely stunning visually, but gotta admit that I'm a little concerned about the open world mechanics and whatever the "gameplay loop" is. Even if it isn't anything special, those graphics and music should be enough to carry the game for a bit, assuming it isn't too long. I'm pretty excited about it, and unless it reviews horribly, I'll be getting it day one.
What are your expectations for it?

headfallsoff

Mar 16, 2018
Above average anime action RPG. Nothing to set the world on fire, better than that one piece game.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
I'm looking forward to it, but I don't think it'll be amazing. Probably a 7/10.

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
It'll be totally fine and nothing more.

Maybe trash if it's a mess in some way, but that goes for all games

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
The sixty range if they screw up some basic stuff about it like performance. If they get it all right I'm gonna get a lot of 8s and a few 7s and Metacritic wise it settles into being a 75-77 range.

BlandrewYT

Nov 27, 2017
High 60's low 70's.
Pros:
Good soundtrack
Good cinematics
Combat

Negatives:
The open world is boring and uninteresting
Traversal is a pain
Side quests feel lacking
....basically the RPG part of the game is what will be the main complaint

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Krillin. Fun and competent but can't hold his own against the big guys.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I'd be all over this game if it included a Brazilian dub.

Since it doesn't, I care very little. In terms of actual gameplay, I'm expecting another shoddy Budokai Tenkaichi clone with meaningless side quests to pad out the game length.

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
I expect it to be fairly mediocre, ranging from mid 60s to low 70s (I hope I'm wrong and it's amazing tho)

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Piccolo level.

That means for those who aren't fans of the series it's a "decent-good" game. Nothing great or amazing but cool. For DB fans though a game that good would basically be a great game. If FighterZ was amazing then this being great on that scale would be dope.

I'm expecting to cop it, beat it in a few weeks, play the DLC and that'll be it. That's all I want. Just a console Legacy of Goku.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Krillin tier. Full of shortcomings. Has the potential to really do some things great, but always falls short when push comes to shove. Ultimately disappointing.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be all over this game if it included a Brazilian dub.

Since it doesn't, I care very little. In terms of actual gameplay, I'm expecting another shoddy Budokai Tenkaichi clone with meaningless side quests to pad out the game length.
Same here. If the game had LatAm dub with most of the original voice actors, I would buy this day one.

But, after watching Youtube videos, this seems to be like a 6-7 game. Gonna wait the obligatory heavy discount before buying it.

SeriousGoku

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 20, 2019
Looks awful. DB fans forcing themselves to pretend this looks good.

Im sick and tired of these low budget ass, B horror movie quality DragonBall games. Some studio needs to put some $$$ into a goddamn banger of a game. Franchise deserves a true magnum opus. A real AAA title with the quality of Spiderman.

But we will never get one. And we'll keep pretending this is good.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Well hang on-- Krillin could easily go toe-to-toe with Piccolo with enough training. Krillin's training basically ended when he got married. I think this voting scale is a sham and I demand a recount.

Kidding. It'll have middling reviews. Looks like a great game for DBZ fans, but probably won't appeal to the wider audience.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
70s and I will love the time I spend with it when I pick it up on slae in a few months

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
It's a game for the fans, a legacy of goku successor in 3D (don't bring up Saga's lol) the reviews of this game don't really matter as long as it's not under 6, then it starts to sound like a buggy mess that overshadows the fan service.

ASyS_Razia

Sep 15, 2018
Spain
objectively I would be surprised if It reachs the 80 mark. Subjectively it will be a 100 for me since it is a Dragon ball RPG.

Bwooduhs

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still not 100% what it even is to be honest, but that's mostly because I haven't looked too much in to it.

I just want a console Legacy of Goku, is that what this sort of is?

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
7ish definitely. If end's up being higher I'll look at getting day 1 combat looks more like meh 3D brawlers than I want.