• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kaivan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reveal thread:

So the closed beta just went live a few hours ago, and there are already quite a number of gameplay videos out there.

Let's start from the general art and presentation...
n3WCTlo.png

and how exploration mechanics work, as well as cooking and dungeon...
JM2JTni.png

Fpd1frJ.png

oWbxCUh.png

lastly, enemy designs and encounters.

zu5tezf.png

fb2f7mG.png

epGOuQ9.png

Tbf, there are other aspects that are different from BOTW, such as the faster-paced and actual magic combat (as you might've expected from the devs), the multi-characters mechanic, and the more focus on quests, cutscenes & narratives. But overall, this is such a shameless copy of BOTW even at first glance. While shameless, they also executed everything pretty well.

Dr Pears

Sep 9, 2018
User Banned (5 days): Inappropriate joke
They didn't copy it. They made it better by adding lolis.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
am I crazy for thinking the draw distance looks nicer in this one? particularly the vegetation. I guess that's a PC benefit.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
At least it has extremely unique, definitely not derivative looking characters.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Lol! Never seen this before but it did not disappoint .

D.Lo

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Haha it's... I didn't expect it to look exactly the same. Like it looks like one of those mods.

Deleted member 26156

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
When looking at the first two pictures, I thought you were exaggerating...

But looking at it all, this is an aggressively shameless copycat.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't surprise me if there were shrines as well...

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
It is impressive and shameless ha

cause I'm surprised they seem to have the "climb almost everywhere" mechanic
even if you're copying another game, that's hard to implement without being a buggy mess.
which is why games don't.

no where near the polish of course lol

Camisado

Nov 3, 2017
I was fully ready to come down on the "BOTW didn't invent that art style though..." side. Then I got to that first UI screenshot and my thoughts changed to "Oh right, yeah ok."

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
Wow that's shameless as hell.

But BotW is an exclusive so I'm totally fine with knockoffs for other platforms.

Coricus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised, someone spent a lot more time making this waifu mod than I would have expected. New towns and mechanics!

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
The trailer is the funniest thing about it. It's like they ripped the BotW switch trailer music and changed some notes phrase by phrase

Deleted member 59

I'll be honest, i wish BotW looked as crisp and vibrant as that!

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
game looks way better visually than botw tho, gotta give it that

like this screenshot here

n3WCTlo.png

i wish anything in botw looked as good as this

OP
OP
Kaivan

Kaivan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thats what I thought til i saw it in motion. Everything looks kind of cheap and janky.
I'm not sure why would you call these janky. It's faster but animation seems fine to me. They're simply aiming for anime audience with this kind of animation work.
Played for about 2 hours. Mixed impressions leaning towards positive though. I'll write up some stuff tomorrow. Here are some gifs though. Visuals and animations are pretty good though.
6JRCASt.gif

Dp4mCQE.gif

ovVNGJv.gif

XEj4BOC.gif

NCmMazW.gif

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
I never minded copying something even as blatantly as this, as long as it brings something to the table. If anything, BotW fans have one mire game to look forward to.

Exede

Banned
Feb 8, 2019
Mihoyo has an impressive mobile game gfx wise already with Honkai Impact 3rd. Its a wifu gatcha DMC light game. Seeing this makes me wonder why Nintendo isnt even trying to make a MMO in the FE/Zelda and god beware Pokemon franchises

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
I was really amused to skim the video and immediately hear BotW's distinctive "tap a random piano key every few seconds" soundtrack.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, they really gave zero fuck about copying. Even the caves and small towers are straight out of BoTW.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017