• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dhlt25

Oct 27, 2017
I work from home but beside having to show up for occasional calls, I'm free to work whatever hours. Been going to sleep at 2,3 AM, wake up at 8 to work til 12, get lunch then nap til 2PM then work again til 6. Not too bad tbh

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
Regularly falling asleep at 3 AM and waking up at 8 AM to watch scheduled Zoom calls..

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I still work fulltime with the same hours, so it's not that different for me.
I do get a little more sleep since I'm not commuting for an hour every morning, it's nice to get up and take my time for a bit before starting work. I actually eat breakfast these days!

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
Zero change but I'm still going into work. My sleep pattern has been fucked for as long as I can remember anyway, I get somewhere between 2-5 hours on work nights and then on days off I can comfortably sleep for an absurd length of time.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Not having to be up for class in the morning means that I fall asleep around 4 to 6 am and wake up at... 3 to 6 pm. It's really bad.

Absolutely wrecked. Stay up til 4 am, get up maybe at noon, rinse, repeat. Woof. I like to get -out of bed- late but I don't like waking up so late.
Getting up at noon is early for me...

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely getting less since I'm working late to make up the hours I spend being with my kid since our childcare is gone right now.

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've always been a night person but Quarantine has pushed it uncomfortably far. Went to sleep at 6AM today and woke up briefly at 11 then went back to sleep until 2. I find this odd because I've always been most comfortable going to sleep around 2 or 3 AM. I dont generally like going to sleep when the Sun is coming out.

Luckily I'm starting a job soon, that will hopefully put me back on track.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
No, I'm an adult. How the hell did you start going to sleep at 8am.

Definitely getting less since I'm working late to make up the hours I spend being with my kid since our childcare is gone right now.

This is what I expected the most difficulties with ppl w/ sleep. Coworkers and friends getting blasted by this.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
I'm waking up at 12pm almost everyday. It's fucking bad.
I don't know how I am going to re-adjust waking up early in the morning once I need to go back to work again.....

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It got very bad since I was staying up later but still waking up early but eventually it kind of like, came back around again and now it's kind of normal.

VeggieBurger

Jan 6, 2018
It was totally fucked for the first couple weeks but now the latest i'm up is like 1 am and normally i'm asleep at like 10-11

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
It's the same for the most part. I sleep about an hour and 15 minutes later and stay up about an hour later.

Ishmael

Oct 27, 2017
I'm maintaining the same work and sleep schedule so it feels like I'm simply at home instead of drifting through space. However, because I don't have to commute I get plenty of sleep. This has been great.

Pyccko

Oct 25, 2017
Mine is more fucked up because I didn't have any kind of strict sleep schedule for the first 20ish years of my life (no schoolin'). Anyways, I work mornings so I usually only get like 4-5 hours of sleep normally, but they've started us coming in at 4am now so I'm only getting like 3

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
It's better actually. My job gave me random hours so my work day could either end at 3PM or 3AM and now that i'm technically unemployed I wake up at 10:30AM every day.

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
I still have to start work at the normal time even though it's work from home. I'm maintaining the same schedule.

Smylie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oregon
Not affected at all. I go to bed at 9 p.m., and am up and working at 5 a.m. Same as I was pre-pandemic.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
It's actually gotten a lot better.

I used to go to sleep around 3am and wake up at 930am-10am. Now in quarantine, I sleep around 12am-1am and wake up around 9am.

I still feel pretty tired though as physical activity has nose dived. Been trying to go out while it's nice out though to exercise and take photos

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
Around 2am is when I fall asleep now. Before I was regularly fast asleep by 11pm at the latest.

I usually have conference calls starting at 9am so I'd really like to get back on a good schedule.

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, OP is basically me. I used to go to the gym before work so I'd be in bed by 10/11 for a 6/645 class. Now I just sleep whenever since without a commute and my earliest meeting being at 9 it doesn't really matter

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
The same although I can wake up at 9am and be "on time" to work since I'm completely remote now. So in some instances I'm actually getting more sleep than before.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Good, ive made it a point to keep the schedule because everything else in my life is nuts (im in NYC).

My fiance who I live with tho? Her's is all fucked up. Used to go to bed around 1-2. Now 11pm, 6am. random as hell. She went back to school so that plays a part, but it also seems stress related :(

clearacell

Oct 27, 2017
I wake up at 3 AM pretty much everyday because i try to get onto the running route in my city before it gets stupidly crowded really fast with everyone on bikes and walking dogs. I freeline skate on it. and not very good so I need some time for loneliness. Then I get home and nap from like 10 AM to noon, then go about my day until about 10 at night where I sleep til 3 again

edit: then again before electricity was the norm humans would wake up in the middle of the night and do stuff then go back to sleep

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
I have dreams now.

I haven't regularly dreamed in maybe a decade, but here I am, exploring alien planets with my ex just about every night.

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
I spent a lot of time unemployed with a fucked up sleep schedule the past 2 years (Going to sleep at 5am, waking up at 2pm), but I've actually been putting in a lot of effort into maintaining a proper sleep schedule during the crisis now.
My alarm is set to 7 am and I try my best to stick to it.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
I've been going to sleep at 5 am and waking up at 9 am. It's super tucked.

robot

Oct 27, 2017
Quarantine has been exacerbating all sorts of personal problems but thankfully my sleep schedule is not one of them. 12-8 like clockwork.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Well it's 3:20am and I'm in bed watching TV without feeling tired at all, so pretty good.

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV
I've been getting around 4-13 hours depending on the day. Work had to cut staffing so we're down to a skeleton crew which means I'm covering two 8-4s, three 4-midnights, and one midnight-8 a week. I don't think my body is ever going to recover.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I still work my day job from home, so I've made a conscious effort to keep my sleep schedule the same

Brandino

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
I can stay up till 1 or 2 and usually be fine. My son has been sleeping in recently. Plus his grandparents are able to watch him during the work day, since they live with us. When they leave it'll be back to earlyish starts to get him to daycare.

Oct 30, 2017
It's gotten worse since the beginning. I've been sleeping at 2 AM and it's been hard to stay up while I work. In the weekends, I end up getting up at 1 or 2 PM.