• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
20+ years ago I guess?

Edit: How on earth could I forget these? I used to eat these all the time, probably around 10-12 years ago. I'm going to pick some up next time I go shopping. I LOVE these

Last edited:

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Honestly don't think I've ever had a microwave meal in my life. My wife used to like a lasagne one when she was going to be working late but it's not something I've ever bothered with.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Its weird reading the words "healthy" or "diet" in a sentence with microwave meals. Like ... do people really believe these meals are somehow balanced?

MirVie

Nov 17, 2017
Twenty years ago or something like that. I'd rather cook in bulk and store portions in the freezer, just as easy and far healthier.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I remember seeing a lot of tv dinners as a kid on tv shows and in the movies and wanting to try one. My family said I was crazy.

I tried my first and last tv dinner in like 1985.

I feel bad for anyone that has to eat that on the regular.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
About one Sunday a month I have one of these. I do meal prep on Sunday's and sometimes I don't want to cook after grocery shopping then cooking.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Probably over 7-8 years ago since I last had one. I'm sure I've grabbed a few during college.

Post college? Never to once? The sodium in those things freak me out a bit.

Oct 27, 2017
Like... three years ago, I think? I was in the middle of moving house and didn't have the time or the inclination to cook something

Oct 27, 2017
20 years maybe? The portions are small, the quality is crap, they aren't that cheap, and they are full of preservatives, salt, and a bunch of other crap. Freshly made food is easy and quick to find where I'm at. I also cook and almost always have leftovers I can heat up or transform at the drop of a hat. Like taco bell ain't got shit on me when I have leftover taco fixings in the fridge and late-night munchies.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I had a hungry man dinner like, two weeks ago, I think? I didn't have anything for lunch and had one stashed in my freezer for an emergency, so I pulled it out and took it to work. I used to love the boneless fried chicken meal years ago.

Eating it, I was profoundly disappointed. The food was tasteless and unsatisfying, and I wasn't on my current diet yet when I bought it, so I hadn't looked at the calorie or carb counts, both of which threw my diet way out of whack for the day. I should have run out and grabbed something. It probably still would have thrown my diet of out whack, but at least it would have been worth it.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
My first year living on my own, I mostly lived on cheap turkey microwavable meals. But I stopped once I got more comfortable in the kitchen.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
like 7 years ago i tried to buy a bunch of them when they were on sale (cant remember the brand name) so i could save money.
after the 3rd day, it all started too taste about the same and grossed me out. (probably because of the poor brand lol)
i mean 2-3 bucks a meal would have saved me a lot! But it didnt save me from hunger and feeling alright - i felt like i didnt get enough nutrients or whatever. cant do it anymore.

Dbltap

Oct 31, 2017
Woodinville, WA
At least once a day as I'm disabled and can't cook for myself. I'm not eating frozen grocery meals. I get my food from Meals on Wheels. It's pretty healthy microwave food.

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's been many years for me, probably 10+. I haven't even had a microwave for most of the past 10 years.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
About twice a week for lunch at work. Something quick when I don't have leftovers and don't feel like throwing together a sandwich.

Scrub Jay

Nov 28, 2017
Its been a few years now. But Marie Callendars had some pretty legit steamer bowls. The $1.99 pasta ones are rubbish of course but the risotto-type ones are decent.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Probably five or so years ago. If I can spend 40 minutes cooking a good meal, that's far better than spending 5 minutes nuking a terrible meal.

Coinspinner

Nov 6, 2017
I frequently have lean cuisine for lunch, since I like hot food and can't be bothered to pack meals for work.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Middle school, I think? My wife eats them semi-regularly though, specifically ones from Trader Joe's.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I ever have. This food is generally ultra processed and with an insane sodium content. I prefer to cook no matter what.

Oct 2, 2018
I dont own a microwave.

that said I bought some frozen dumplings from the supermarket and they're okay but the chilli sauce + vinegar combo elevates it beyond being just genri shit.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
I'll grab a bunch for easy meals to take to work. A lot of chicken and noodles type stuff, but this is one of my recent favorites:

2gytlhq.jpg

Retsudo

Oct 28, 2017
Other than a random frozen pizza like every 3 months or so, we never eat stuff like that.

Not only because both of us cook, but we have a baby boy that eats whatever we make for ourselves.

offshore

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Only times I ever used a microwave was at Uni like 15 years ago. And not technically a tv dinner, but I know exactly the last thing I ate from a microwave...

screenshot2019-11-01atfj74.png

Fucking rank. And yet I ate them regularly. My diet was a shambles back then.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
I loved eating these when I was a kid.

But they're really not worth the money. For a bit more money price you could buy the ingredients to make these things with less sodium and ten times the portion size.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Probably about 5 years ago. Before or around when my (now) wife moved in.

I used to regularly eat the lean cuisine ones. Helped contribute to me losing like 30lbs some years ago. Not that they're good for you or anything, but the stricter portion controls helped me cut back on meal size.

Oct 28, 2017
Almost never.

If I want a burrito I'll put a tortilla in the microwave with a scoop of refried beans and shredded cheese.

I'd rather just fry up some eggs right quick than resort to a tv dinner.