• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
This was SUPER cool. There's some really interesting discussion of using neural net AI to do specific tasks in games (super early adopters here), the challenges of moving the data from local boxes trained on employees to the cloud trained on users - and how that wrecked everything. Greenawalt discusses rubber banding and how it can be used in different types and how they avoided the kind that everyone hates while using it to improve the experience.

I think discussing the challenges of using the tech and how they overcame them (and are still trying to overcome them constantly) was super interesting and somewhat sobering. These aren't just plug and play magic bullets. There's a lot of care and thought that must go into developing competent uses for and implementations of AI and machine learning.

This is definitely one of the cooler deep dives I've seen in a while, makes me see Forza and drivatars in a different light. Interested to see if and how they get better in the FM reboot.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Can't wait to see more of Forza.
God, I know, right? I'm looking forward to Forza Motorsport so much it's not even funny.

Turn10 has a shitload of technical know-how that didn't truly show this gen because of an aging ForzaTech engine crumbling under the pressure of bi-yearly releases. Can't wait to see what they're capable of given enough time.