• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Topics.

• It’s a trap!

Votes: 13 9.7%
  • These aren't the games you're looking for.

Votes: 18 13.4%
  • From my point of view EA is evil.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Help Me, Falllen Order. You're My Only Hope.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • Emperor: good ! GOOD !!

Votes: 41 30.6%

• Total voters

F8RGE

EA
Verified
Feb 20, 2018
Stockholm
If it didn't have the EA tag there'd be a lot more discussion about the "turn around" since launch, but I might be biased on that.

It's going for less than $10 I believe at the moment, which given the stuff we've added and are adding it's probably worth a shot. All the new heroes are fully free, not even a credit requirement. Meaning it's great if you're a new player looking to give Kenobi, Dooku etc a try.

Capital Supremacy is pretty good.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Now it turned in a great game!

If you're into online shooters, is a must have

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
It's a fun arcade-likes shooter, worth it imo.

Post-release support addressed the majority of issues folk had in the beginning.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Just subscribe to a month of Origin Basic for 5 bucks. You get the full game and many many others (most SW games), and I doubt you'll want to play it much longer than that.

That being said, I actually enjoyed it! I even liked the campaign for as plain and simple as it was, and the multiplayer is mindless rush-and-die fun and spectacle. If you just want to inhabit the world of Star Wars for a few hours it will get the job done, it's certainly worth 5 bucks.

Raboon

Oct 30, 2017
I enjoyed the the first one quite a bit, although that didn't last as long as I'd hoped. Might pick this up if it's on sale here aswell. I'll check origins when I get home.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
For $10 it's totally worth it. I picked it up last sale and had fun for a week. I probably would have played much more but there are so many games these days competing for my time.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I bought it for $4.50 last weekend during the origin sale and don't regret it. So far I've played a couple hours of the campaign, so my purchase has pretty much already been justified.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Worth buying, especially for the sale price. Multiplayer and campaign are both fun.

DarkManX

Dec 20, 2017
Idk how much is it rn, but last time on xbox was 5$(?) and for this price, worth it easily.

Its a fun game and the new mode its decent too.

My only cons is: lack of maps and weapons since the release. he got like 2 maps for GA since the release day and 0 new weapons.
Other, is the way of play with heros. Sometimes i got enough points to play with them but, the match ends and i dont play with any. Its like lucky based, you need to die in the right time 😝 sometimes we have days with GA and 50% discount in heroes with 8x8 in game heroes, wich is the unique time i play often with them 😅

TheLetdown

Oct 25, 2017
It's actually a good amount of fun right now.

This.

The sound design is fantastic and it feels immersive. I really, really enjoy the multi-phase Naboo palace map. So lovingly recreated.

And the campaign was not bad at all. Doesn't overstay its welcome. Touches base with the characters you know and love, but tells a fairly unique Star Wars tale.

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's very good.
They have addressed pretty much every major issue that was there at launch.
The new special classes, heroes, and maps are all great.

If it didn't have the EA tag there'd be a lot more discussion about the "turn around" since launch, but I might be biased on that.

It's going for less than $10 I believe at the moment, which given the stuff we've added and are adding it's probably worth a shot. All the new heroes are fully free, not even a credit requirement. Meaning it's great if you're a new player looking to give Kenobi, Dooku etc a try.

Capital Supremacy is pretty good.

Thanks so much for all you and the team do for the community. Wanted to say hi at Celebration but didn't make it out there this year.

Can you disable the post process effects like film grain and chromatic aberration?

Yes.

Nov 2, 2017
I bought it a launch, got a refund after all the lootbox stuff came to light, and then bought it again after they fixed the progression systems.

I'm currently spending most of multiplayer gaming time with two games: Dragonball FighterZ and Star Wars Battlefront 2.

Once you get into the swing of things, it is a VERY fun game. The visuals and sound design are all top notch, and a lot of the abilities and weapons between classes are pretty well balanced.

The only nagging points I have (as far as multiplayer) are:
  • Coming from games like CoD and Battlefront, the TTK is a wee bit too high for my liking. It sucks flanking a group of people but then realizing you can only kill one of them before your weapon overheats or you're discovered by the opposing team. That situation nets 3 - 4 kills for me typically in other games.
  • It can be frustrating playing against heroes or some of the other special classes due to how many hit points they have. From purely a shooting perspective, it sucks unloading into somebody and taking like half their health. But to be fair, you shouldn't be trying to take them alone anyway, which is the point.
  • Weapon selection(s) and variety was a lot better in the first game, in my opinion.
Oh, and the Starfighter Assault mode is BAD ASS. Probably the best mode in the game (although it isn't getting any updates).

So, yes, I think you should buy it. This should've been the game they launched with.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
It's a very good game and they did a fairly good job of supporting it after launch. It also sold pretty well regardless. Most of the people use the MTX incident as an indictment of a whole game that they haven't even considered playing or even reading up on. It's definitely worth trying out on that EA Access Pass.

Robert

Nov 15, 2017
I picked it up recently and played through the Story and some MP. I don't really have any strong feelings about it other than it's super beautiful and very Star Wars. Iden Versio is cool and the beginning missions with her can be quite jarring if you let yourself fall into the character that is gunning down Rebels.

D4EhJrLXkAAOuOc.jpg:orig

Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
It's a great and very fun game. People overreacted at launch over something that ultimately did not effect the gameplay like that thought it did. So it has a big negative rep, but it's a lot of fun! Worth picking up.

CannedSoup

Oct 30, 2017
I'm having a ton of fun playing it. Capital Supremacy is great, as is heroes vs villains (though frustrating at times).

There's a good variety of modes to try out.

Deleted member 2507

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Terrible shit. Shooting feels bad unlike BF2015, weapon options are "shit" or "best pick", everyone else as upgraded gear so good luck fighting them, and campaign's kinda bad too.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
Unless newer maps have changed this it looks like a mediocre game even without the MTX. All the combat encounters seem to funnel to bottle necks and there's very little movement around maps.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Is there even a playerbase on the PC version?

I picked it up on PC last weekend on Origin since it was a little under $5 on-sale. I quickly sold the game at launch when I had it on PS4 because of how awful it was at the time. Now it's actually really good. I hop on and play every so often and yes there's still a community there. I never have issues finding games.

Biteren

Oct 29, 2017
What really irks me is the blaster selection. I got really upset that you cant customize the e-11. I dont wanna be a storm tropper with a ressistence blaster. But i have to cause you can customize ot to make it better

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
I've been having a lot of fun with it lately.

+The classes fill a big hole that felt missing in the first game.
+The visuals and audio are ASTOUNDING. Have a 4K set with HDR? It's a looker.
+Progression targets and goals are actually spaced kind of nicely. Feels like I am consistently working on a few different upgrades while pushing through the matchmaking. I feel like I am working towards stuff in the matches I play and such challenges have me trying unique builds I normally wouldn't.

-The level layouts feel a bit worse than BF1 or other Dice games. Just not as intricate or interesting. It's been mentioned, but I don't have the fondness for a lot of these maps as I did for the first game or especially the Battlefield games.
-The upgrades can make the fighting feel a bit lopsided. I don't find the gap so crazy, but some will freak at the thought of an uneven playfield based on playtime. My grenades or guns may have a slight disadvantage because I play casually against those that play all day and have upgraded all equips, but eh...I still get plenty of kills and its a meatgrinder game anyway.
-Not much variety to the new modes. Like they aren't flexing their creative muscle with all this SW content. Just pitting the two sides against each other and that's kind of it. I guess its too much to expect something wild and crazy with all these assets? More mixing and matching or era's and objectives? It's a weird nitpick I know.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
I picked it up on Black Friday and I've had a fucking blast with it. The progression feels a little weird (understandably) but I dig the arcadey gunplay and it's cool just getting a blast of that atmosphere in short bursts.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
It's been improved a great deal. Fun gameplay. Definitely scratches the Star Wars itch. Audio and visual feast. It's getting a patch in less than a week that will fix a lot of bugs and balance out how OP Anakin is right now.

tomd96

Jul 6, 2018
I grabbed it for £3.74 on Origin and played through the campaign last weekend. I really enjoyed it. Nothing mind blowing but a fun few hours of eye candy and enjoyable gameplay.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Even without the monetization/progress stuff the game suffers from a lack of balance, finetuning and most importantly -decent maps

GamePnoy74

Oct 27, 2017
I picked it up for $4.50 over the weekend, tried playing the single player campaign and ended up getting motion sickness...I think it was from the reoccurring view mode changes while controlling the droid. Hopefully I can give it another try without issues but for $4.50 it's not a big loss.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you want to hop in a spaceship and get in to some cool dog fights it is the only game in town. If you want FPS gameplay there are much better options available.

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
i got it for $9 and still regretted it

just like its predecessor. It is unsatisfying. But in a different way.