• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I don't support it. I have a hard time thinking of a robust ethical justification for it either.
I'm Jewish. The Nazi ideology specifically calls for my and my people's eradication. That threat is existential and cannot be reasoned with; it must be struck down, by all or any means necessary, to prevent its further spread, lest those aims become reality once again.

It's not hard.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
As long as we stick to the definition and not make it so that nazi = a person who doesn't share your views.

(I've seen people being called nazi's just because they voted for trump. Poc have voted for trump as well and it would be silly to call them nazi's.
So while it's normal to consider them "stupid" or whatever, i dont feel you should have the right to punch them)
There are non-white Nazis. It's bizzare, but it's a thing. But yeah, just punching every Nazi supporter is kind of ridiculous. No one has time for that. Pretty sure most are refering to identifiable Nazis (and similiar groups) publically spreading their ideology.

Jun 10, 2018
I'm Jewish. The Nazi ideology specifically calls for my and my people's eradication. That threat is existential and cannot be reasoned with; it must be struck down, by all or any means necessary, to prevent its further spread, lest those aims become reality once again.

It's not hard.
People are literally tripping over themselves to the point where I think they're feigning ignorance just to avoid acknowledging this talking point.

Congrats, combatting Nazism is merely a philosophical battle of wits to you. To everyone else in their path, its a choice between protecting their livelihood or submitting to subjugation/death.

There isn't a gray area here.

PatPat

May 19, 2018
The nazis of today are playing a long game of infiltration and subversion. There's shitloads of stories of nazis making it a goal to infiltrate the police and the military. There's now stories appearing of nazis infiltrating political parties in an effort to push their policies further right.

Trying to reason with them wont work, and by the time the general public realises there's a problem it will be too late as they'll have too much power. Make them scared now by cracking skulls.

This really mirrors the old days of looking at crazies online (like 2012 and before shift were in today) as the loons and neo-nazis would say the exact same thing of the jews in relation to american politics. Can I get sources on these nazi saboteurs, and I would stress that they cant be people who have shifted into extreme right political stances because the divisive nature of politics today is going to mold your typical sellout politician into what the what their party wants.

This is a weird issue from my perspective, obviously a racist or nazi getting punched for running their mouth is just cause and effect, but the calls for preemptive strikes and the feeling of doom that nazis are already in positions of great power is absurd, wouldn't a real solution be to improve the quality of life of all people to deter extremist thinking. (not an easy task but more realistic then the kill em all approach)

Its also weird that I fear I will be labeled something because of my perspective on this

Fuck them all. They all deserve to be punched, actually have more done to them than that. And fuck anyone who sympathizes with them. They deserve to be punched and have the more done to them as well.

But what will that solve tho.

The German nazi party used the violent attacks of early nazi party members before they had any real political power as a call to action and propaganda for their cause against the German communist party.

TheAndyMan

Banned
Feb 11, 2019
Utah
The nazis of today are playing a long game of infiltration and subversion. There's shitloads of stories of nazis making it a goal to infiltrate the police and the military. There's now stories appearing of nazis infiltrating political parties in an effort to push their policies further right.

Trying to reason with them wont work, and by the time the general public realises there's a problem it will be too late as they'll have too much power. Make them scared now by cracking skulls.
Yes, there are multiple organizations like that which are currently influence Trump admin policy towards immigration. I actually cited a blog post on that in one of my earlier posts in this thread.

The ones that explicitly say they're Alt-Right aren't really being negatively effected by the fact that Nazis are being punched.

https://itsgoingdown.org/the-white-nationalists-that-no-one-protested/

It's also a matter of fact that Ann Coulter has been writing at VDARE(White Nationalist site) since 2006, and has never suffered consequence or banishment from the GOP. Her book Adios America, even influenced Trump.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a hard time thinking of a robust ethical justification for it either.
giphy.gif

Deleted member 25600

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This really mirrors the old days of looking at crazies online (like 2012 and before shift were in today) as the loons and neo-nazis would say the exact same thing of the jews in relation to american politics. Can I get sources on these nazi saboteurs, and I would stress that they cant be people who have shifted into extreme right political stances because the divisive nature of politics today is going to mold your typical sellout politician into what the what their party wants.

This is a weird issue from my perspective, obviously a racist or nazi getting punched for running their mouth is just cause and effect, but the calls for preemptive strikes and the feeling of doom that nazis are already in positions of great power is absurd, wouldn't a real solution be to improve the quality of life of all people to deter extremist thinking. (not an easy task but more realistic then the kill em all approach)

Its also weird that I fear I will be labeled something because of my perspective on this

But what will that solve tho.

The German nazi party used the violent attacks of early nazi party members before they had any real political power as a call to action and propaganda for their cause against the German communist party.

www.pbs.org

FBI warned of white supremacists in law enforcement 10 years ago. Has anything changed?

In 2006, the FBI warned that white supremacists infiltrating local and state law enforcement posed a threat to national security. Some are asking, what's been done to curb the trend in the decade since?

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/fbi-white-supremacists-in-law-enforcement

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jan/25/california-police-neo-nazis-antifa-protest

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2018/feb/09/california-police-white-supremacists-counter-protest

I might have more, but will have to check my unorganized bookmarks. Off the top of my head, there were a group of police outed as having Nazi meetings in secret, you have Stephen Miller (Trump's right hand man on imigration) who worked side by side with, and was mentored by, Stephen Miller. Oh, and the Republican Congressman who met with the organizer of the Charlottesville Nazi rally.

Edit: Another I'd forgotten about would be Steve Bannon running the Trump campaign. He employed Nazis and spread their ideology through his fake news white supremecist Breitbart News.

And white nationalist extremist groups have been co-ordinating with border patrol.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/18/us/new-mexico-militia.html

Last edited:

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, it's not like the police force and right wing political parties aren't ripe with people who are white power shitheads...

TemplaerDude

Oct 25, 2017
If I saw a nazi on the street I would 100%, without a doubt, knock their lights out and there is absolutely nothing anyone on here could say that can convince me otherwise.

PatPat

May 19, 2018
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/fbi-white-supremacists-in-law-enforcement

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jan/25/california-police-neo-nazis-antifa-protest

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2018/feb/09/california-police-white-supremacists-counter-protest

I might have more, but will have to check my unorganized bookmarks. Off the top of my head, there were a group of police outed as having Nazi meetings in secret, you have Stephen Miller (Trump's right hand man on imigration) who worked side by side with, and was mentored by, Stephen Miller. Oh, and the Republican Congressman who met with the organizer of the Charlottesville Nazi rally.
Yeah, it's not like the police force and right wing political parties aren't ripe with people who are white power shitheads...

I did make a point to say that yes the political divide has made extremism grow especially on the right, my issue was with how you phrased it as a infiltration op by neo nazis when I said Its the radicalization of the right in the current political spectrum leading to the frighting extreme beliefs in certain groups of authority.

The SMH article is nothing new all violent groups have tried to enlist for the purpose of receiving weapon training the cartels in mexico were big in this in the early 2000's in both the US and Mexico armies.

Again I would say improving the quality of life or values of all people in the spectrum is a solution I favor over just punching nazis which in the past has actively aided their cause. Obviously if tomorrow Adolf is in charge of the US I will gladly support an insurgency.

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
I'm against punching Nazis because that's just not satisfying. If someone punched me I'd just be like, dang, why'd you do that, that's not nice. Is that the bar we want to set for dealing with Nazis??

How about swirlies for Nazis, or wedgies, this is infinitely more fun

Osa15

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
I will antagonized them to throw the first punch because if I do it will be one hit Ronnie from Jersey Shore style. I m like a samurai, I have to honor my opponent before I knock them out. When all is said and done, punching a nazi is fine unless you are a black person. You will probably be charged with manslaughter.

Oct 26, 2017
Punching a Nazi seems pretty mild to me. They're all for the extinction of millions of people so I don't really see the issue. This isn't exactly like having a different opinion on a movie or show

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I've never thought about specifically punching a Nazi, but yeah sure, sounds good to me.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
People are literally tripping over themselves to the point where I think they're feigning ignorance just to avoid acknowledging this talking point.

Congrats, combatting Nazism is merely a philosophical battle of wits to you. To everyone else in their path, its a choice between protecting their livelihood or submitting to subjugation/death.

There isn't a gray area here.

And that's the issue isn't it? Its easy to talk about the marketplace o' ideas, to call to cling to civility no matter the rhetoric, and to paint consequential provoked violence as the same as calls for genocide when you've got no skin in the game. Because what's the worse thing that can happen; sure all that annoying nazi talk leads to someone shooting up a synagogue but fuck it, it took place 300 miles for me and I have no jewish fam so debate on!

Oct 31, 2017
User Banned (2 weeks): inflammatory generalizations and personal attacks against another member + long history of infractions for similar behaviour
I don't support it. I have a hard time thinking of a robust ethical justification for it either.

Wow, you can't think of any ethical justification for violence against people who advocate for genocide and murder people?

Nazi's are just off limits in all situations to this guy who works at EA in Texas.

Is everyone that works at EA in Austin, Texas Nazi well wishers or just you?

It's amazing to me that this guy has no problem being a nazi sympathizer with his name and job all out here. The gaming industry is fucked up

Captain C

Oct 27, 2017
It's not like you're punching somebody because their opinion is slightly different from yours. They're Nazis. If Captain America would punch them, then it's good enough for me. I am kinda disappointed at how many people are here arguing punching the literal worst fucking people on this planet.

Someone should post that "Richard Spencer getting punched" gif again, it makes my day everytime.

PonyStation

Banned
May 24, 2019
Most of you have probably been in the same room as a Nazi at some point and did nothing. Stop pretending like you'd punch them out, in reality you'd all stand in the background until someone else does it. Because I find it hard to believe that most of the posters on a gaming forum would actually get in a fight and think they'll come up on top

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Wow, you can't think of any ethical justification for violence against people who advocate for genocide and murder people?

Nazi's are just off limits in all situations to this guy who works at EA in Texas.

Is everyone that works at EA in Austin, Texas Nazi well wishers or just you?

It's amazing to me that this guy has no problem being a nazi sympathizer with his name and job all out here. The gaming industry is fucked up

You expect to see it lol

travisbickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My brother is a white trash racist with numerous hand carved nazi symbols, and I beat his ass on Saturday after a drunken rant about how 'the blacks' ruined his life.

He's 42 and lives in my mother's basement.

He's literally this comic:

XGkhjAk.jpg

I know it's probably not worth analysing but I assume he's looking at traditional areas of success that he hasn't met (wealth, career, house, partner), so how the hell did the heavily discriminated group who have largely been blocked due to racism from equal treatment in those same fields "ruin his life"?

Orwell

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
As long as we stick to the definition and not make it so that nazi = a person who doesn't share your views.

(I've seen people being called nazi's just because they voted for trump. Poc have voted for trump as well and it would be silly to call them nazi's.
So while it's normal to consider them "stupid" or whatever, i dont feel you should have the right to punch them)

There were Jews who conspired with Nazis to send fellow Jews to their deaths. They policed ghettos, informed on resistance members and did what they could to ingratiate themselves to Nazis in the vain hope of avoiding the gas chamber. Asian, black or Latino. It doesn't matter. If you vote for Trump, you are a white supremacist. Period.

Oct 31, 2017
Most of you have probably been in the same room as a Nazi at some point and did nothing. Stop pretending like you'd punch them out, in reality you'd all stand in the background until someone else does it. Because I find it hard to believe that most of the posters on a gaming forum would actually get in a fight and think they'll come up on top

I doubt many people have been in the same room with a demonstrating Nazi.

I've definitely punched and fought with racists giving me shit

More to the point, I wouldn't cry when a person demonstrating and publicly calling for violence gets a small taste of their own medicine

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
If someone is actively espousing their superiority over another group of people, and recommend removing them from the country or inviting violence on them, I feel it's my duty to share with them the golden rule.

yes, I'd punch a Nazi. Tolerance only goes do far, Nazism isn't covered by it.

Florin4k4

Banned
Mar 18, 2019
If you vote for Trump, you are a white supremacist. Period.

I don't live in the U.S. so i don't follow politics there that closely but that statement seems very silly. Surely there can be some nuance to it. Rarely is there anything that is so black and white (no pun intended)
How are PoC who voted for trump white supremacists?! Cant they just be ill informed and they voted for him thinking it was the "right" choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.