• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
When I was younger, I used to do research on cryptids and watched things on them or like haunted places such as Ghost Adventures. I honestly don't believe in this stuff but still think it's just mindless fun to look up or discuss. So, how do you guys feel about this stuff? Do you have any stories of heading to haunted places for example or experiences?

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe in the paranormal but I do love watching ghost hunting shows, such great fun watching those guys run after dust balls and wind.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
I think it's interesting and fun, and it would be cool if they existed, but I don't have sufficient reason to believe they do.

Vandaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's interesting to watch docu's/reports about. Same with a few movies, but I don't believe it's real at all.

TrafficCoen

The Fallen
Feb 22, 2019
I believe in several Cryptids (not like big foot but like this unrecognized simian that lives in papa new guinea for example) but I will watch YouTube videos on the crazy ones for fun.

I also watch stuff on the paranormal but purely as a skeptic for entertainment

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Interesting to read up on, but I treat it like fiction.

This was one of the earliest forums in my memory back when I was using 56k to connect online and it's still up lol.

The Shadowlands

Dedicated to the world's mysteries such as ghosts and haunted places, UFOs, Bigfoot and Nessie, Crytozoology and many other mysteries.

SymbiantXenos

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I enjoy the paranormal and enjoy suspending my disbelief when I watch programmes like Ghost Adventures atc.

I mean Ghost Adventuers is hosted on the Travel Channel in the US?

Come get your tickets to these spooky locations folks.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Not real

exploring the limits of how much our human minds can betray us is far more real and fascinating science

the most interesting question in not IF they exist but why we think they do

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I find that this still haunts me, definitely the work of something paranormal
0621f2ffc73a0e1a86a1ff6106ba30baadadc112.jpg

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A lot of ERA are a buncha boffins when it comes to this kind of stuff which is no fun. I personally haven't seen any evidence or had enough of an experience to believe in anything like that but I certainly don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility.

Tarantism

Nov 8, 2017
I think crypto zoology is great fun (and obviously fake). However I find ghost stuff problematic since its often so closely tied to mediums and other conmen.

I'm sure some bigfoot societies swindle folk out of their money too, but overall I find it easier to believe that the people in charge of those groups probably believe in their bullshit and don't make much money out of it (if any). Meanwhile I suspect a decent amount of ghost hunters and mediums are fully cognizant of the fact that they talk bullshit and make good money scamming folk.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
It's more fun to entertain the possibility of such things therefore I'm receptive to all stories of flying saucers, ghosts and cryptids.

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
New/undiscovered species isn't out of the realm of possibilities. People always scream fake then shut up when receipts are shown. Used to watch Ghost Adventures in the beginning where it seemed more genuine, but now, eh. I don't bother with it.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
May 10, 2018
Ben interested in cryptids since I was a kid, in particular sea/lake monsters. I was pretty hype when I read up on the Bloop but then was disappointed when I read that it was most likely large ice moving.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
One of my favorite things to listen to podcasts about. It can be fun and goofy or creepy or both. I really enjoy stories about that kind of stuff.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Imaginative and fun but not real in any way, shape, or form.

FeistyBoots

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
When I was younger, I used to do research on cryptids and watched things on them or like haunted places such as Ghost Adventures. I honestly don't believe in this stuff but still think it's just mindless fun to look up or discuss. So, how do you guys feel about this stuff? Do you have any stories of heading to haunted places for example or experiences?

Not real but fun to imagine.

Mavis

Oct 25, 2017
Blue Mountains
I live in an area full of stories. The Yowie, Tasmanian Tigers, Plesiosaurs, Big Cats.
I think the Yowie is a reference to Early Aboriginal settlers crossing paths with other humanoids as they travelled, possibly Neanderthals and it getting passed down and exaggerated in their oral history. Recent sightings are probably pissed farmers.
Tasmanian Tigers could still survive in areas such as this, millions of acres, much of it remote and impassable, it's possible small groups survive. Sightings are quite common. Not sure how many are just brindle Greyhounds.
The Hawkesbury River has long had stories of a monster, oral history of some Aboriginal tribes describe a creature that sounds very similar to Nessie, it could also be the origin of the bunyip myth. Modern sightings go back to the first white settlers. One odd point is that the mouth of the Hawkesbury is similar to Loch Ness in that it has many underground beaches and caverns. Personally I think people saw a big Bull shark which isn't common but does happen once in a while.
Where I live is pretty close to an Air base, in WW2 some American crews had big cats as mascots, the story goes that upon leaving they let them free in the Blue Mountains. Now this I believe, sheep and other livestock have been found up in trees, a common way for Leopards to store food. The Blue Mountains are vast and it would be easy to avoid all human contact.

So the two that are possible aren't really cryptids as one is an invasive species and the other an extinct one.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Well they actually discovered a giant sea creature (forget if it was squid or octopi) in my lifetime and it was probably the basis for the Kraken myths, so cryptids sure. There could be scientifically quantifiable animals we have not really had a chance to study that gets mistaken for or is the basis for lore creatures.

I think it's a 1000 times more likely we discover a new primate that is good at hiding we know it as Bigfoot than anyone ever proving some ghost bullshit.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Do you have any podcast recommendations? Especially about creepy stuff.

Oh yeah, tons!

Astonishing Legends
Knifepoint Horror (full-on fiction)
Welcome to Night Vale
Weird Darkness
Mysterious Universe
The Last Podcast on the Left

Those last two are predominantly comedy, but they're pretty good still.